You can use any of the following sources as a switch:
- An external adaptive switch: Choose a Bluetooth switch or Made For iPhone (MFi) switch that plugs into the Lightning connector on iPad.
- The iPad screen: Tap the screen to trigger the switch.
- The iPad front camera: Move your head left or right while facing the camera to trigger the switch.
Before you add an external switch, connect it to iPad, following the instructions that came with the switch. If the switch connects using Bluetooth, pair it with iPad—turn on the switch, go to Settings > Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth, tap the name of the switch, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Switch Control > Switches.
- Tap Add New Switch, then choose a source.
- Assign an action to the switch.To ensure Switch Control functions correctly, you must assign the Select Item action to at least one switch.