- On iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth, then turn on Bluetooth.
- Go to the Home Screen on your iPad.
- Do one of the following:
- AirPods Max: Press the noise control button on the right headphone, then hold AirPods Max next to your iPad (iPadOS 14.3 or later).
- AirPods Pro or AirPods (1st and 2nd generation): Open the case with your AirPods inside, then hold it next to your iPad.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, then tap Done.
Your AirPods are automatically paired with all of your supported devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID (iOS 10, iPadOS 13, macOS 10.12, watchOS 3, or later required).