Before Reading This User Manual
This TV comes with this User Manual and an embedded e-Manual ( Settings > e-Manual). On the website (www.samsung.com), you can download the manuals and see its contents on your PC or mobile device.
Warning! Important Safety Instructions
Please read the Safety Instructions before using your TV. Refer to the table below for an explanation of symbols which may be on your Samsung product.
- Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or adaptors beyond their voltage and capacity. It may cause fire or electric shock. Refer to the power specifications section of the manual and/ or the power supply label on the product for voltage and amperage information.
- Power-supply cords should be placed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them. Pay particular attention to cords at the plug end, at wall outlets, and at the point where they exit from the appliance.
- Never insert anything metallic into the open parts of this apparatus. This may cause electric shock.
- To avoid electric shock, never touch the inside of this apparatus. Only a qualified technician should open this apparatus.
- Be sure to plug in the power cord until it is firmly seated. When unplugging the power cord from a wall outlet, always pull on the power cord’s plug. Never unplug it by pulling on the power cord. Do not touch the power cord with wet hands.
- If this apparatus does not operate normally – in particular, if there are any unusual sounds or smells coming from it unplug it immediately and contact an authorised dealer or Samsung service centre.
- To protect this apparatus from a lightning storm, or to leave it unattended and unused for a long time (especially when a kid, the elderly, or the disabled is left alone), be sure to unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna or cable system. Accumulated dust can cause an electric shock, an electric leakage, or a fire by causing the power cord to generate sparks and heat or by causing the insulation to deteriorate.
- Use only a properly grounded plug and wall outlet. An improper ground may cause electric shock or equipment damage. (Class l Equipment only.)
- To turn off this apparatus completely, disconnect it from the wall outlet. To ensure you can unplug this apparatus quickly if necessary, make sure that the wall outlet and power plug are readily accessible.
- Do not place this apparatus near or over a radiator or heat register, or where it is exposed to direct sunlight.
- Do not place vessels (vases etc.) containing water on this apparatus, as this can result in a fire or electric shock.
- Do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
- Be sure to contact an authorised Samsung service centre for information if you intend to install your TV in a location with heavy dust, high or low temperatures, high humidity, chemical substances, or where it will operate 24 hours a day such as in an airport, a train station, etc. Failure to do so may lead to serious damage to your TV.
- Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing.
Mounting the TV on a wall
If you mount this TV on a wall, follow the instructions exactly as set out by the manufacturer. If it is not correctly mounted, the TV may slide or fall and cause serious injury to a child or adult and serious damage to the TV.
- To order the Samsung wall mount kit, contact Samsung service centre.
- Samsung Electronics is not responsible for any damage to the product or injury to yourself or others if you choose to install the wall mount on your own.
- Samsung is not liable for product damage or personal injury when a non-VESA or non-specified wall mount is used or when the consumer fails to follow the product installation instructions.
- You can install your wall mount on a solid wall perpendicular to the floor. Before attaching the wall mount to surfaces other than plaster board, contact your nearest dealer for additional information. If you install the TV on a ceiling or slanted wall, it may fall and result in severe personal injury.
- When installing a wall mount kit, we recommend you fasten all four VESA screws.
- If you want to install a wall mount kit that attaches to the wall using two top screws only, be sure to use a Samsung wall mount kit that supports this type of installation. (You may not be able to purchase this type of wall mount kit, depending on the geographical area.)
- Do not mount the TV at more than a15 degree tilt.
- Standard dimensions for wall mount kits are shown in the table on the Quick Setup Guide.
Do not install your wall mount kit while your TV is turned on. This may result in personal injury from electric shock.
- Do not use screws that are longer than the standard dimension or do not comply with the VESA standard screw specifications. Screws that are too long may cause damage to the inside of the TV set.
- For wall mounts that do not comply with the VESA standard screw specifications, the length of the screws may differ depending on the wall mount specifications.
- Do not fasten the screws too firmly. This may damage the product or cause the product to fall, leading to personal injury. Samsung is not liable for these kinds of accidents.
- Always have two people mount the TV onto a wall. For 82 inch or larger models, have four people mount the TV onto a wall.
Providing proper ventilation for your TV
When you install your TV, maintain a distance of at least 10 cm between the TV and other objects (walls, cabinet sides, etc.) to ensure proper ventilation. Failing to maintain proper ventilation may result in a fire or a problem with the product caused by an increase in its internal temperature.
- When you install your TV with a stand or a wall mount, we strongly recommend you use parts provided by Samsung Electronics only. Using parts provided by another manufacturer may cause difficulties with the product or result in injury caused by the product falling.
Caution: Pulling, pushing, or climbing on the TV may cause the TV to fall. In particular, ensure your children do not hang on or destabilise the TV. This action may cause the TV to tip over, causing serious injuries or death. Follow all safety precautions provided in the Safety Flyer included with your TV. For added stability and safety, you can purchase and install the anti-fall device, referring to “Preventing the TV from falling”.
WARNING: Never place a television set in an unstable location. The television set may fall, causing serious personal injury or death. Many injuries, particularly to children, can be avoided by taking simple precautions such as:
- Always use cabinets or stands or mounting methods recommended by Samsung.
- Always use furniture that can safely support the television set.
- Always ensure the television set is not overhanging the edge of the supporting furniture.
- Always educate children about the dangers of climbing on furniture to reach the television set or its controls.
- Always route cords and cables connected to your television so they cannot be tripped over, pulled or grabbed.
- Never place a television set in an unstable location.
- Never place the television set on tall furniture (for example, cupboards or bookcases) without anchoring both the furniture and the television set to a suitable support.
- Never place the television set on cloth or other materials that may be located between the television set and supporting furniture.
- Never place items that might tempt children to climb, such as toys and remote controls, on the top of the television or furniture on which the television is placed. If the existing television set is going to be retained and relocated, the same considerations as above should be applied.
- When you have to relocate or lift the TV for replacement or cleaning, be sure not to pull out the stand.
Preventing the TV from falling
- Using the appropriate screws, firmly fasten a set of brackets to the wall. Confirm that the screws are firmly attached to the wall. You may need additional material such as wall anchors depending on the type of wall.
- Using the appropriately sized screws, firmly fasten a set of brackets to the TV. For the screw specifications, refer to the standard screw part in the table on the Quick Setup Guide.
- Connect the brackets fixed to the TV and the brackets fixed to the wall with a durable, heavy-duty string, and then tie the string tightly. Install the TV near the wall so that it does not fall backwards. Connect the string so that the brackets fixed to the wall are at the same height as or lower than the brackets fixed to the TV.
- This apparatus uses batteries. In your community, there might be environmental regulations that require you to dispose of these batteries properly. Please contact your local authorities for disposal or recycling information.
- Store the accessories (remote control, batteries, or etc.) in a location safely out of the reach of children.
- Do not drop or strike the product. If the product is damaged, disconnect the power cord and contact a Samsung service centre.
- Do not dispose of remote control or batteries in a fire.
- Do not short-circuit, disassemble, or overheat the batteries.
- CAUTION: There is danger of an explosion if you replace the
batteries used in the remote with the wrong type of battery. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
- WARNING – TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF FIRE, KEEP CANDLES AND OTHER ITEMS WITH OPEN FLAMES AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT AT ALL TIMES.
Caring for the TV
- To clean this apparatus, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and wipe the product with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use any chemicals such as wax, benzene, alcohol, thinners, insecticide, aerial fresheners, lubricants, or detergents. These chemicals can damage the appearance of the TV or erase the printing on the product.
- The exterior and screen of the TV can get scratched during cleaning. Be sure to wipe the exterior and screen carefully using a soft cloth to prevent scratches.
- Do not spray water or any liquid directly onto the TV. Any liquid that goes into the product may cause a failure, fire, or electric shock.
01 What’s in the Box?
Make sure the following items are included with your TV. If any items are missing, contact your dealer.
- Remote Control & Batteries (Depending on the country and model)
- Samsung Smart Remote & Batteries (Depending on the country and model)
- User Manual
- AV IN Adapter (Depending on the country and model)
- Warranty Card / Regulatory Guide (Not available in some locations)
- TV Power Cable
- The type of battery may vary depending on the model.
- The items’ colours and shapes may vary depending on the models.
- Cables not included can be purchased separately.
- Check for any accessories hidden behind or in the packing materials when opening the box.
Warning: Screens can be damaged from direct pressure when handled incorrectly. We recommend lifting the TV at the edges, as shown. For more information about handling, refer to the Quick Setup Guide came with this product.
02 Initial Setup
When you turn on your TV for the first time, it immediately starts the Initial Setup. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen and configure the TV’s basic settings to suit your viewing environment.
Using the TV Controller
You can turn on the TV with the TV Controller button at the bottom of the TV, and then use the Control menu. The Control menu appears when the TV Controller button is pressed while the TV is On.
- The screen may dim if the protective film on the SAMSUNG logo or the bottom of the TV is not detached. Please remove the protective film.
TV Controller button / Remote control sensor
Setting the sound sensor
- This function is supported only in Q7*A/Q8*A/QN8*A/ QN9*A Series.
You can turn on or off the sound sensor by using its button at the bottom of the TV. With the TV on, push the button to the left (or back) to turn the sound sensor on or to the right (or forward) to turn it off. See the pop-up window on the TV to check whether the sound sensor is turned on or off.
- The position and shape of the sound sensor may differ depending on the model.
- During analysis using data from the sound sensor, the data is not saved.
03 Troubleshooting and Maintenance
For more information, see “Troubleshooting” or “FAQ” in the e-Manual.
Settings > e-Manual > Troubleshooting or FAQ If none of the troubleshooting tips apply, please visit “www.samsung.com” and click Support or contact the Samsung service centre.
- This TFT LED panel is made up of sub pixels which require sophisticated technology to produce. There may be, however, a few bright or dark pixels on the screen. These pixels will have no impact on the performance of the product.
- To keep your TV in optimum condition, upgrade to the latest software. Use the Update Now or Auto update functions on the TV’s menu ( Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now or Auto update).
The TV won’t turn on.
- Make sure that the AC power cable is securely plugged in to the TV and the wall outlet.
- Make sure that the wall outlet is working and the remote control sensor at the bottom of the TV is lit and glowing a solid red.
- Try pressing the TV Controller button at the bottom of the TV to make sure that the problem is not with the remote control. If the TV turns on, refer to “The remote control does not work”.
The remote control does not work.
- Check if the remote control sensor at the bottom of the TV blinks when you press the remote’s Power button.
-AU Series: If it does not blink, replace the remote control’s batteries. Make sure that the batteries are installed with their poles (+/) in the correct direction. Alkaline batteries are recommended for longer battery life.
-Q Series: When the remote’s battery is discharged, charge the battery using the USB charging port, or turn over the remote to expose the solar cell to light.
- Try pointing the remote directly at the TV from1.5-1.8 m away.
- If your TV came with a Samsung Smart Remote (Bluetooth
Remote), make sure to pair the remote to the TV. To pair a Samsung Smart Remote, press the + buttons together for10 seconds.
Eco Sensor and screen brightness
Eco Sensor adjusts the brightness of the TV automatically. This feature measures the light in your room and optimises the brightness of the TV automatically to reduce power consumption. If you want to turn this off, go to Settings > General > Power and Energy Saving > Brightness Optimisation.
- The eco sensor is located at the bottom of the TV. Do not block the sensor with any object. This can decrease picture brightness.
04 Specifications and Other Information
Display Resolution 3840 x 2160
UA43AU7000 UA50AU7000 UA55AU7000 UA58AU7000
UA65AU7000 UA70AU7000 UA75AU7000 UA85AU7000
UA43AU7100 UA50AU7100 UA55AU7100 UA58AU7100
UA65AU7100 UA75AU7100 UA43AU7200 UA50AU7200
UA55AU7200 UA58AU7200 UA65AU7200 UA75AU7200
UA43AU7500 UA50AU7500 UA55AU7500 UA65AU7500
UA43AU7700 UA50AU7700 UA55AU7700 UA65AU7700
UA70AU7700 UA43AU8000 UA50AU8000 UA55AU8000
UA60AU8000 UA65AU8000 UA70AU8000 UA75AU8000
UA85AU8000 UA50AU8080 UA55AU8080 UA65AU8080
UA43AU8100 UA50AU8100 UA55AU8100 UA60AU8100
UA65AU8100 UA70AU8100 UA75AU8100 UA85AU8100
UA43AU8200 UA55AU8200 UA65AU8200 UA75AU8200
UA43AU9000 UA50AU9000 UA55AU9000 UA65AU9000
UA75AU9000 UA43AU9070 UA55AU9070 UA65AU9070
UA43AUE60 UA50AUE60 UA55AUE60 UA58AUE60
UA65AUE60 UA43AUE70 UA50AUE70 UA55AUE70
QA43Q60A QA50Q60A QA55Q60A QA65Q60A
QA75Q60A QA85Q60A QA43Q65A QA50Q65A
QA55Q65A QA65Q65A QA75Q65A QA85Q65A
QA55Q70A QA65Q70A QA75Q70A QA85Q70A
QA50Q80A QA55Q80A QA65Q80A QA55QN85A
QA65QN85A QA75QN85A QA85QN85A QA55QS85A
QA65QS85A QA75QS85A QA85QS85A QA43QN90A
QA50QN90A QA55QN90A QA65QN90A QA75QN90A
(Saudi Arabia only: UA43AU7000U UA50AU7000U
UA55AU7000U UA58AU7000U UA65AU7000U
UA70AU7000U UA75AU7000U UA55AU8000U
UA60AU8000U UA65AU8000U UA75AU8000U
UA85AU8000U UA55AU9000U UA65AU9000U
UA75AU9000U QA50Q60AAU QA55Q60AAU QA65Q60AAU
QA75Q60AAU QA85Q60AAU QA50Q60ABU QA55Q60ABU
QA65Q60ABU QA75Q60ABU QA85Q60ABU QA55Q70AAU
QA65Q70AAU QA75Q70AAU QA85Q70AAU QA55Q80AAU
QA65Q80AAU QA55QN85AAU QA65QN85AAU QA75QN85AAU
QA85QN85AAU QA55QN90AAU QA65QN90AAU QA75QN90AAU)
AU7/AU8/AU9/Q6*A/Q7*A Series: 20W
Q8*A Series (50″): 40 W
Q8*A Series (55″-85″)/QN8*A Series: 60 W
QN9*A Series (43″): 20 W
QN9*A Series (50″): 40 W, QN9*A Series (55″-98″): 60 W
50 °F to 104 °F (10 °C to 40 °C)
10 % to 80 %, non-condensing
-4 °F to 113 °F (-20 °C to 45 °C)
5 % to 95 %, non-condensing
- This device is a Class B digital apparatus.
- For information about the power supply, and more information about power consumption, refer to the information on the label attached to the product.
On most models, the label is attached to the back of the TV. (On some models, the label is inside the cover terminal.)
- To connect a LAN cable, use a CAT 7 (*STP type) cable for the connection. (100/10 Mbps)
* Shielded Twisted Pair (Not available in some locations and model)
- The images and specifications of the Quick Setup Guide may differ from the actual product.
Decreasing power consumption
When you shut the TV off, it enters Standby mode. In Standby mode, it continues to draw a small amount of power. To decrease power consumption, unplug the power cord when you don’t intend to use the TV for a long time.
The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Recommendation – Jordan Only
Hereby, Samsung Electronics, declares that this TV is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC. The official Declaration of Conformity may be found at http://www.samsung.com, go to Support > Search Product Support and enter the model name. This equipment may only be used indoors. This equipment may be operated in Jordan.
Contact SAMSUNG WORLD WIDE
If you have any questions or comments relating to Samsung products, please contact the Samsung service centre
© 2021 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|SAMSUNG UA43AU7000 43 Inch UHD 4K Smart TV [pdf] User Manual|
UA43AU7000, UA50AU7000, UA55AU7000, UA58AU7000, UA65AU7000, UA70AU7000, UA75AU7000, 43 Inch UHD 4K Smart TV