Terms and Conditions
Read this document before operating the mobile device, accessories, or software (defined collectively and individually as the “Product”) and keep it for future reference. This document contains important Terms and Conditions. Electronic acceptance, opening the packaging, use, or retention of the Product constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Revised 06/2019
Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
Phone: 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)
©2019 Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Important legal information
Arbitration Agreement – This Product is subject to a binding arbitration agreement between you and SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA, INC. (“Samsung”). You can opt-out of the agreement within 30 calendar days of the first consumer purchase by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) and providing the applicable information.
The full Arbitration Agreement, Standard One-year Limited Warranty, End User License Agreement (EULA), and Health & Safety Information for your device are available online:
- English: www.samsung.com/us/Legal/Phone-HSGuide
- Spanish: www.samsung.com/us/Legal/Phone-HSGuide-SP This information can also be found on the device in the “About device” or “About phone” or “About tablet” section, for example:
- Settings > About phone or About device or About tablet > Legal information > Samsung legal
- Or, Search “Legal” If your device required Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approval, you can view the FCC certification by opening Settings > About phone or About device or About tablet> Status.
As an ENERGY STAR® Partner, Samsung has determined that this product meets the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for energy efficiency. The ENERGY STAR Program has reduced greenhouse gas emissions and saved energy through voluntary labeling. Samsung is a proud ENERGY STAR Partner and commits to meeting the guidelines for this product to be ENERGY STAR certified. By selecting an ENERGY STAR-certified product, it contributes to reducing greenhouse gas emissions and saving energy.
- The Power Management setting of this product has been enabled by default and has various timing settings (of up to 30 minutes).
- To change this in Settings, go to the Display menu > Screen timeout option.
This product can be awakened from sleep mode by pressing the Home button.
FCC Part 15 Information and Notices
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Health and Safety
WARNING! To avoid electric shock and damage to your device, do not charge the device while it is wet or in an area where it could get wet. Do not handle the device, charger, or cords with wet hands while charging.
Maintaining dust and water resistance
The device is not impervious to dust and water damage in any situation. It is important that all compartments are closed tightly.
Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to the device and maintain dust and water resistance performance:
- Water-resistance based on IP68 rating, which tests submersion in fresh water deeper than 1.5 meters or keeps it submerged for more than 30 minutes. If the device is exposed to freshwater, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth; if exposed to liquid other than freshwater, rinse with fresh water and dry as directed.
- Any device which uses accessible compartments or ports that can be opened should have these sealed or closed tightly to prevent liquid from entering the system.
- If the device has been immersed in water or the microphone or speaker is wet, the sound may not be heard clearly during a call. After wiping the device with a dry cloth, dry it thoroughly before using it.
- Do not expose the device to water at high pressure.
- If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water and dust resistant features of the device may be damaged.
Note: Liquid other than freshwater may enter the device faster. Failure to rinse the device in fresh water and dry it as instructed may cause the device to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues. galaxy Tab Active.indd 6
This device passed military specification (MIL-STD-810G) testing against a subset of specific environmental conditions, including temperature, dust and humidity, shock /vibration, and low pressure/high altitude. The device may not perform as shown in all extreme conditions.
Samsung Knox is Samsung’s security platform. Additional licensing fees may be required for enterprise use. For more information about Knox, please refer to: www.samsung.com/us/knox
Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) certification information
For information about SAR, visit :
Samsung mobile products and recycling
WARNING! Never dispose of batteries in a fire because they may explode. Do not disassemble, crush, puncture, heat, burn, or reuse.
For battery and cell phone recycling, go to call2recycle.org or call 1-800-822-8837.
For more recycling information, go to our website: www.samsung.com/recycling or call 1-800-SAMSUNG.
Location-based information on that can be used to determine the approximate location of a mobile device. If you use applications that require location-based information (e.g., driving directions), such information may be shared with third parties, including your wireless service provider, applications providers, Samsung, and other third-parties providing services.
Maps, directions, and other navigation data, including data relating to your current location, may contain inaccurate or incomplete data. Therefore, you should always pay attention to road conditions, closures, traffic, and all other factors that may impact safe driving or walk.
FCC Part 15 Information and Notices
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment. This device must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
FCC Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) regulations for wireless devices
The FCC established requirements for devices to be compatible with hearing aids and other hearing devices. For more information, visit https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/hearingaid-compatibility-wireline-and-wireless-telephones
Caution! Some applications or prolonged usage may increase device temperature.
If the device feels hot to the touch, discontinue use and close all applications or turn off the device until it cools. Always ensure that the device has adequate ventilation and airflow. Covering the device can trap any dissipating heat and redirect it back to the device while it is active.
Documents / Resources
|SAMSUNG SMG715U1 Smartphone [pdf] User Guide|
SMG715U1, A3LSMG715U1, SMG715U1 Smartphone, SMG715U1, Smartphone