You can access the FULL MANUAL on Samsung’s on-line customer support center by scanning the QR code on the left. To see the manual on your PC or mobile device, download the manual in document format from Samsung’s website. (http://www.samsung.com/support)
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
© 2021 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
The following also applies to the Wireless Subwoofer (PS-WA45T).
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER (OR BACK). NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS ARE INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
Refer to the table below for an explanation of symbols which may be on your Samsung product.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this appliance to rain or moisture.
- To prevent injury, this apparatus must be securely attached to the floor/wall in accordance with the installation instructions.
- This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing. Do not put objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the apparatus.
- To turn this apparatus off completely, you must pull the power plug out of the wall socket. Consequently, the power plug must be easily and readily accessible at all times.
FCC Compliance Statement :
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC Caution :
- Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
- This product satisfies FCC regulations when shielded cables and connectors are used to connect the unit to other equipment. To prevent electromagnetic interference with electric appliances, such as radios and televisions, use shielded cables and connectors for connections.
Class B FCC Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorienting or relocating the receiving antenna.
- Increasing the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connecting the equipment to an outlet that is on a different circuit than the radio or TV.
- Consulting the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement :
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated so there is at least 8 inches (20 cm) between the radiator and your body. This device and its antenna(s) must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
CALIFORNIA USA ONLY (Applicable for networking models only.)
This Perchlorate warning applies only to primary CR(Manganese Dioxide) Lithium coin cells in the product sold or distributed ONLY in California USA “Perchloate Material – special handling may apply, See www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate.”
Dispose unwanted electronics through an approved recycler. To find the nearest recycling location, go to our website: www.samsung.com/recycling Or call, 1‐800‐SAMSUNG
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm –
Important Safety Instructions
Read these operating instructions carefully before using the unit. Follow all the safety instructions listed below. Keep these operating instructions handy for future reference.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these Instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or groundingtype plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- Ensure that the AC power supply in your house complies with the power requirements listed on the identification sticker located on the bottom of your product. Install your product horizontally, on a suitable base (furniture), with enough space around it for ventilation (3~4 inches). Make sure the ventilation slots are not covered. Do not place the unit on amplifiers or other equipment which may become hot. This unit is designed for continuous use. To fully turn off the unit, disconnect the AC plug from the wall outlet. Unplug the unit if you intend to leave it unused for a long period of time.
- During thunderstorms, disconnect the AC plug from the wall outlet. Voltage peaks due to lightning could damage the unit.
- Do not expose the unit to direct sunlight or other heat sources. This could lead to overheating and cause the unit to malfunction.
- Protect the product from moisture (i.e. vases), and excess heat (e.g. a fireplace) or equipment creating strong magnetic or electric fields. Unplug the power cable from the AC wall socket if the unit malfunctions. Your product is not intended for industrial use. It is for personal use only. Condensation may occur if your product has been stored in cold temperatures. If transporting the unit during the winter, wait approximately 2 hours until the unit has reached room temperature before using.
- The battery used with this product contains chemicals that are harmful to the environment. Do not dispose of the battery in the general household trash. Do not expose the battery to excess heat, direct sunlight, or fire. Do not short circuit, disassemble, or overheat the battery. Danger of explosion if the battery is replaced incorrectly. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
01 CHECKING THE COMPONENTS
Soundbar Main Unit / Subwoofer / Remote Control (AH81- 13358A) / Batteries / Power Cord X 2 (Subwoofer, Soundbar) (AH81-11680A) / Optical Cable (AH81-11681A)
- For more information about the power supply and power consumption, refer to the label attached to the product. (Label: Bottom of the Soundbar Main Unit)
- To purchase additional components or optional cables, contact a Samsung Service Center or Samsung Customer Care.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
02 PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Front Panel / Top Panel of the Soundbar
Bottom Panel of the Soundbar
03 CONNECTING THE SOUNDBAR
Connecting the power and units
- For more information about the required electrical power and power consumption, refer to the label attached to the product. (Label: Bottom of the Soundbar Main Unit)
Manually connecting the Subwoofer
- If you use a device that uses the same frequency (5.8GHz) as the Soundbar near the Soundbar, interference may cause some sound interruption.
- The maximum transmission distance of the main unit’s wireless signal is about 32.8 ft (10 m), but may vary depending on your operating environment.
04 CONNECTING WITH A CABLE
- When you use an optical cable and the terminals have covers, be sure to remove the covers.
05 CONNECTING WIRELESSLY
Connecting a TV or Bluetooth Device via Bluetooth
What is the difference between BT READY and BT PAIRING?
- If asked for a PIN code when connecting a Bluetooth device, enter <0000>.
Refer to the table below if this product does not function properly.
If the problem you are experiencing is not listed below or if the instructions below do not help, turn off the product, disconnect the power cord, and contact Samsung Electronics at 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864).
The unit will not turn on.
Is the power cord firmly plugged into the wall outlet?
- Unplug and reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet to make sure the connection is secure.
A function does not work when the button is pressed.
Is there static electricity in the air?
- Disconnect the power plug and connect it again.
Sound dropouts occur in BT mode.
- Please refer to the FULL MANUAL for more information.
Sound is not produced.
Is the Mute function on?
- Press the (Mute) button to cancel the mute function.
Is the volume set to minimum?
- Adjust the Volume.
The remote control does not work.
Are the batteries drained?
- Replace with new batteries.
Is the distance between the remote control and Soundbar main unit too far?
- Move the remote control closer to the Soundbar main unit.
The red LED on the subwoofer blinks and the subwoofer is not producing sound.
This issue can occur if the subwoofer is not connected to the Soundbar main unit.
- Try to connect your subwoofer again.
The subwoofer drones and vibrates noticeably.
Try to adjust the vibration of your subwoofer.
- Push the WOOFER button up or down to adjust the level of the woofer (bass) to -12 or between -6 to +6.
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby,
Dolby Audio and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby
Laboratories Licensing Corporation.
For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS Licensing Limited. DTS, the Symbol, DTS in combination with the Symbol, and DTS 2.0 Channel are registered trademarks or trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
ENERGY STAR qualified model only
- Your Samsung product is ENERGY STAR qualified in its factory default setting. Change to certain features, settings and functionality in this product can change the power consumption, possibly beyond the limits required for ENERGY STAR qualification.
- Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the Government agencies, designed to promote energy efficient products and practices.
Refer to www.energystar.gov for more information of the ENERGY STAR Program.
ENERGY STAR qualified model only
(Applicable to Thin Client models only)
As an ENERGY STAR® Partner, SAMSUNG has determined that this product meets the ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency.
- The ENERGY STAR Program has been to reduced greenhouse gas emissions and save energy through voluntary labeling.
- Power management setting of this product have been enabled by default, and have various timing setting from 1 minutes to 5 hours.
- The product can wake with a button press on the chassis from sleep mode.
ENERGY STAR qualified model only (The other models)
- As an ENERGY STAR Partner, Samsung has determined that this product or product models meets the ENERGY STAR guideline for energy efficiency.
To send inquiries and requests for questions regarding open sources, contact Samsung Open Source (http://opensource.samsung.com)
08 IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT SERVICE
- Figures and illustrations in this User Manual are provided for reference only and may differ from actual product appearance.
- An administration fee may be charged if either:
a. An engineer is called out to your home at your request and there is no defect in the product.
b. You bring the unit to a repair center and there is no defect in the product.
- You will be advised of the amount of the administration fee before any work is done or a home visit is made.
- If you have a problem with this product, we strongly recommend you read the appropriate section of this manual, visit the Support page for your product at www.samsung.com, or call Samsung Product Support (1-800-726-7864) to find an answer before you contact a service center for a repair.
09 SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDE
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd reserves the right to change the specifications without notice.
- Weight and dimensions are approximate.
LIMITED WARRANTY TO ORIGINAL PURCHASER
This SAMSUNG brand product, as supplied and distributed by SAMSUNG and delivered new, in the original carton to the original consumer purchaser, is warranted by SAMSUNG against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a limited warranty period of:
One (1) Year Parts and Labor*
(*90 Days Parts and Labor for Commercial Use)
This limited warranty begins on the original date of purchase, and is valid only on products purchased and used in the United States. To receive warranty service, the purchaser must contact SAMSUNG for problem determination and service procedures. Warranty service can only be performed by a SAMSUNG authorized service center. The original dated bill of sale must be presented upon request as proof of purchase to SAMSUNG or SAMSUNG’s authorized service
center. Transportation of the product to and from the service center is the responsibility of the purchaser. SAMSUNG will repair or replace this product, at our option and at no charge as stipulated herein, with new or reconditioned parts or products if found to be defective during the limited warranty period specified above. All replaced parts and products become the property of SAMSUNG and must be returned to SAMSUNG. Replacement parts and products assume the remaining original warranty, or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer. SAMSUNG’s obligations with respect to software products distributed by SAMSUNG under the SAMSUNG brand name are set forth in the applicable end user license agreement. Non-SAMSUNG hardware and software products, if provided, are on an “AS IS” basis.
Non-SAMSUNG manufacturers, suppliers, publishers, and service providers may provide their own warranties. This limited warranty covers manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship encountered in normal, and except to the extent otherwise expressly provided for in this statement, noncommercial use of this product, and shall not apply to the following, including, but not limited to: damage which occurs in shipment; delivery and installation; applications and uses for which this product was not intended; altered product or serial numbers;
cosmetic damage or exterior fi nish; accidents, abuse, neglect, fi re, water, lightning or other acts of nature; use of products, equipment, systems, utilities, services, parts, supplies, accessories, applications, installations, repairs, external wiring or connectors not supplied and authorized by SAMSUNG, or which damage this product or result in service problems; incorrect electrical line voltage, fl uctuations and surges; customer adjustments and failure to follow operating instructions, cleaning, maintenance and environmental instructions that are covered and
prescribed in the instruction book; product removal or reinstallation; reception problems and distortion related to noise, echo, interference or other signal transmission and delivery problems. SAMSUNG does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product.
THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED AND DESCRIBED ABOVE, AND NO WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL APPLY AFTER THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIODS STATED ABOVE, AND NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR GUARANTY GIVEN BY ANY PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT SHALL BE BINDING ON SAMSUNG. SAMSUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, FAILURE TO REALIZE SAVINGS OR OTHER BENEFITS, OR ANY OTHER
SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND EVEN IF SAMSUNG HAS
BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOR SHALL RECOVERY OF ANY KIND AGAINST SAMSUNG BE GREATER IN AMOUNT THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT SOLD BY SAMSUNG AND CAUSING THE ALLEGED DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PURCHASER ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PURCHASER AND PURCHASER’S PROPERTY AND TO OTHERS AND THEIR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT SOLD BY SAMSUNG NOT CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SAMSUNG. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXTEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THIS PRODUCT, IS NONTRANSFERABLE AND STATES YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
To obtain warranty service, please contact SAMSUNG customer care center. The benefits of this Limited Warranty extend only to the original purchaser of Samsung products from an authorized Samsung reseller. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM UNAUTHORIZED RESELLERS OR RETAILERS, EXCEPT IN STATES WHERE SUCH RESTRICTION MAY BE PROHIBITED. For a list of Samsung authorized retailers, please go to:
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Documents / Resources
|SAMSUNG HW-A450 Soundbar with Dolby Audio [pdf] User Manual|
HWA450-2, HWA4502, A3LHWA450-2, A3LHWA4502, HWA450, A3LHWA450, HW-A450 Soundbar with Dolby Audio, HW-A450, Soundbar with Dolby Audio