QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
|Country Samsung Service Center (||Web Site||Address|
|IN THE US||1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)||www.samsung.com/us/support||Samsung Electronics America, Inc.85 Challenger RoadRidgeﬁeld Park, NJ 07660|
- The following also applies to the Wireless Surround Speaker SET (SWA-8500).
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER (OR BACK).
NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS ARE INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
Refer to the table below for an explanation of symbols that may be on your Samsung product.
CAUTION: RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK. DO NOT OPEN.
- This symbol indicates that high voltage is present inside. It is dangerous to make any kind of contact with any internal part of this product.
- This symbol indicates that this product comes with important literature concerning operation and maintenance.
- Class II product: This symbol indicates that a safety connection to electrical earth (ground) is not required.
If this symbol is not present on a product with a power cord, the product MUST have a reliable connection to protective earth (ground).
- AC voltage: Rated voltage marked with this symbol is AC voltage.
- DC voltage: Rated voltage marked with this symbol is DC voltage.
- Caution. Consult Instructions for use: This symbol instructs the user to consult the user manual for further safety related information.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this appliance to rain or moisture.
- To prevent injury, this apparatus must be securely attached to the floor/wall in accordance with the installation instructions.
- This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing. Do not put objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the apparatus.
- To turn this apparatus off completely, you must pull the power plug out of the wall socket. Consequently, the power plug must be easily and readily accessible at all times.
CALIFORNIA USA ONLY (Applicable for networking models only.)
This Perchlorate warning applies only to primary CR(Manganese Dioxide) Lithium coin cells in the product sold or distributed ONLY in California USA “Perchlorate Material – special handling may apply, See www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate.”
Dispose of unwanted electronics through an approved recycler. To find the nearest recycling location, go to our website:
www.samsung.com/recycling Or call, 1‐800‐SAMSUNG
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Important Safety Instructions
Read these operating instructions carefully before using the unit. Follow all the safety instructions listed below. Keep these operating instructions handy for future reference.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these Instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings.
Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- Ensure that the AC power supply in your house complies with the power requirements listed on the identification sticker located on the bottom of your product. Install your product horizontally, on a suitable base (furniture), with enough space around it for ventilation (3~4 inches). Make sure the ventilation slots are not covered. Do not place the unit on amplifiers or other equipment which may become hot. This unit is designed for continuous use. To fully turn off the unit, disconnect the AC plug from the wall outlet. Unplug the unit if you intend to leave it unused for a long period of time.
- During thunderstorms, disconnect the AC plug from the wall outlet. Voltage peaks due to lightning could damage the unit.
- Do not expose the unit to direct sunlight or other heat sources. This could lead to overheating and cause the unit to malfunction.
- Protect the product from moisture (i.e. vases), and excess heat (e.g. a fireplace) or equipment creating strong magnetic or electric fields. Unplug the power cable from the AC wall socket if the unit malfunctions. Your product is not intended for industrial use. It is for personal use only. Condensation may occur if your product has been stored in cold temperatures. If transporting the unit during the winter, wait approximately 2 hours until the unit has reached room temperature before using.
- The battery used with this product contains chemicals that are harmful to the environment. Do not dispose of the battery in the general household trash. Do not expose the battery to excess heat, direct sunlight, or fire. Do not short circuit, disassemble, or overheat the battery. CAUTION: Danger of explosion if the battery is replaced incorrectly. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
CHECKING THE COMPONENTS
Soundbar Main Unit / Power Cord (AH81-11700A) / Remote Control (AH81-11699A) / Battery (AAA x 1) / Optical Cable (AH81-11681A)
Wireless Surround Speaker SET (SWA-8500) Wireless Receiver Module / Surround Speaker x 2 (AH81-11261A (LEFT) / AH81-11262A (RIGHT)) / Power Cord (AH81-09782A) / Speaker Cable x 2 (AH81-11260A)
- User Manual / Warranty Card / Regulatory Guide (Not available in some locations).
- For more information about the power supply and power consumption, refer to the label attached to the product. (Label: Bottom of the Soundbar Main Unit)
- To purchase additional components or optional cables, contact a Samsung Service Center or Samsung Customer Care.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
Front Panel / Top Panel of the Soundbar
- Position the product so that the SAMSUNG logo is located on the top.
- LED indicator
The LED Indicator flashes, glows
- or changes color depending on the Soundbar’s current mode or status.
Bottom Panel of the Soundbar
Connect the Soundbar’s AC power cord.
Connect to the Analogue output of an external device.
Connect to the digital (optical) output of an external device.
Connect a USB device here to play music files on the USB device through the Soundbar.
CONNECTING THE SOUNDBAR
Connecting Electrical Power
For more information about the required electrical power and power consumption, refer to the label attached to the product. (Label: Bottom of the Soundbar Main Unit)
Connecting an SWA-8500 to your Soundbar
- Wireless Receiver Module
- Remote Control
First, press the button on the remote control to turn on the LED indicator, and then press the PAIR button onN the remote control for at least 5 seconds.
- Connection complete: Check if the LINK LED is solid blue (connection complete).
If the SWA-8500 does not connect, take the necessary steps according to the LED Indicator’s status. Please refer to the FULL MANUAL for more information.
CONNECTING WITH A CABLE
Connecting a TV or Bluetooth Device via Bluetooth
Connecting a Soundbar to a mobile device via NFC function
- Make sure that your mobile device has the NFC function turned on and that the screen is active.
- Bluetooth connection is unavailable when NFC of the mobile device is in card emulation mode.
Refer to the table below if this product does not function properly. If the problem you are experiencing is not listed below or if the instructions below do not help, turn off the product, disconnect the power cord, and contact Samsung Electronics at 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864).
In case the power is not turned on
- Check whether the power cord of the Soundbar is correctly inserted into the outlet.
In case the functions do not work properly
- After removing the power cord, insert it again.
- Try again after reset the product.
- If there is no signal, the Soundbar automatically turns off after a certain period of time. Turn on the power.
In case the remote control does not work
- Operate the remote control noting the Soundbar closely.
- Replace the batteries with new ones.
In case the Soundbar sound is not output
- The volume of the Soundbar is too low or muted. Adjust the volume.
- When any external device (STB, Bluetooth device, mobile device, etc.) is connected, adjust the volume of the external device.
- For sound output of the TV, select Soundbar. (Samsung TV: Home ( ) → Settings ( ) → Sound → Sound Output → Select Soundbar)
- Remove the cable from the Soundbar and then reconnect it.
In case Bluetooth connection is not possible
- Press the PAIR button to pair a new Bluetooth device.
- Reconnect it after removing the Bluetooth speaker list on the device to connect. (Samsung TV: Home ( ) → Settings ( ) → Sound → Sound Output → Bluetooth Speaker List)
In case Bluetooth sound breaking occurs
- Keep your device away from the Soundbar because it may cause radio interference. e.g. microwave, wireless router, etc.
- Because the device to connect is far away from the Soundbar, sound breaking may occur. Move the device near the Soundbar.
- If a part of your body is in contact with the Bluetooth transceiver or the product is installed on metal furniture, sound breaking may occur. Check the installation environment and conditions for use.
In case the Soundbar is not turned on as soon as the TV is turned on
- When you turn off the Soundbar while watching TV, power synchronization with the TV is disabled. First turn off the TV.
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby, Dolby Audio, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS Licensing Limited. DTS, the Symbol, DTS in combination with the Symbol, and DTS 2.0 Channel are registered trademarks or trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
To send inquiries and requests for questions regarding open sources, contact Samsung Open Source (http://opensource.samsung.com)
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT SERVICE
- Figures and illustrations in this User Manual are provided for reference only and may differ from actual product appearance.
- An administration fee may be charged if either:
A a. An engineer is called out to your home at your request and there is no defect in the product.
b. You bring the unit to a repair center and there is no defect in the product.
- You will be advised of the amount of the administration fee before any work is done or a home visit is made.
- If you have a problem with this product, we strongly recommend you read the appropriate section of this manual, visit the Support page for your product at www.samsung.com, or call Samsung Product Support (1-800-726-7864) to find an answer before you contact a service center for a repair.
SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDE
LIMITED WARRANTY TO ORIGINAL PURCHASER
This SAMSUNG brand product, as supplied and distributed by SAMSUNG and delivered new, in the original carton to the original consumer purchaser, is warranted by SAMSUNG against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a limited warranty period of:
One (1) Year Parts and Labor* (*90 Days Parts and Labor for Commercial Use)
This limited warranty begins on the original date of purchase and is valid only on products purchased and used in the United States. To receive warranty service, the purchaser must contact SAMSUNG for problem determination and service procedures. Warranty service can only be performed by a SAMSUNG authorized service center. The original dated bill of sale must be presented upon request as proof of purchase to SAMSUNG or SAMSUNG’s authorized service center. Transportation of the product to and from the service center is the responsibility of the purchaser.
SAMSUNG will repair or replace this product, at our option and at no charge as stipulated herein, with new or reconditioned parts or products if found to be defective during the limited warranty period specified above.
All replaced parts and products become the property of SAMSUNG and must be returned to SAMSUNG. Replacement parts and products assume the remaining original warranty, or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer. SAMSUNG’s obligations with respect to software products distributed by SAMSUNG under the SAMSUNG brand name are set forth in the applicable end user license agreement. Non-SAMSUNG hardware and software products, if provided, are on an “AS IS” basis.
Non-SAMSUNG manufacturers, suppliers, publishers, and service providers may provide their own warranties. This limited warranty covers manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship encountered in normal, and except to the extent otherwise expressly provided for in this statement, noncommercial use of this product, and shall not apply to the following, including, but not limited to: damage which occurs in shipment; delivery and installation; applications and uses for which this product was not intended; altered product or serial numbers; cosmetic damage or exterior fi nish; accidents, abuse, neglect, fi re, water, lightning or other acts of nature; use of products, equipment, systems, utilities, services, parts, supplies, accessories, applications, installations, repairs, external wiring or connectors not supplied and authorized by SAMSUNG, or which damage this product or result in service problems; incorrect electrical line voltage, fl uctuations and surges; customer adjustments and failure to follow operating instructions, cleaning, maintenance and environmental instructions that are covered and prescribed in the instruction book; product removal or reinstallation; reception problems and distortion related to noise, echo, interference or other signal transmission and delivery problems. SAMSUNG does not warrant the uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product.
THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED AND DESCRIBED ABOVE, AND NO WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL APPLY AFTER THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIODS STATED ABOVE, AND NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR GUARANTY GIVEN BY ANY PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT SHALL BE BINDING ON SAMSUNG. SAMSUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, FAILURE TO REALIZE SAVINGS OR OTHER BENEFITS, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND EVEN IF SAMSUNG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOR SHALL RECOVERY OF ANY KIND AGAINST SAMSUNG BE GREATER IN AMOUNT THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT SOLD BY SAMSUNG AND CAUSING THE ALLEGED DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PURCHASER ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PURCHASER AND PURCHASER’S PROPERTY AND TO OTHERS AND THEIR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT SOLD BY SAMSUNG NOT CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SAMSUNG. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXTEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THIS PRODUCT, IS NONTRANSFERABLE AND STATES YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specifi c legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
To obtain warranty service, please contact SAMSUNG customer care center.
The benefits of this Limited Warranty extend only to the original purchaser of Samsung products from an authorized
Samsung reseller. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS PURCHASED
FROM UNAUTHORIZED RESELLERS OR RETAILERS, EXCEPT IN STATES WHERE SUCH RESTRICTIONS MAYBE
PROHIBITED. For a list of Samsung authorized retailers, please go to:
Documents / Resources
|SAMSUNG HW-A40R SoundBar [pdf] User Manual|
HWA40R, A3LHWA40R, HW-A40R SoundBar, HW-A40R, SoundBar