Copyright © 2021 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. This guide is protected under international copyright laws. No part of this guide may be reproduced, distributed, translated, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or storing in any information storage and retrieval system.
User manual information
You can access the user manual for more information. Access www.samsung.com, select the appropriate model name, and then select the user manual.
Warning: situations that could cause injury to yourself or others
Caution: situations that could cause damage to the computer or other equipment
Note: notes, usage tips, or additional information
- Ejection pin
- To improve performance, the appearance of the computer may differ from the final product and is subject to change without prior notice.
- Optional parts can be different depending on the model. Optional parts may be provided in different shapes according to the manufacturer’s policy or may not be provided by derived models. You can purchase optional parts separately.
- Features or options may differ depending on the model.
- The items marked as optional may not be provided or may be provided in different locations.
- Since some storage space is reserved for system recovery and operations, the available storage space may be less than the actual capacity.
- Images and screenshots may differ from the actual appearance of the product.
- Front camera indicator light
- Front camera
- Power button
- SIM card tray
- USB Type-C port
- USB 3.2 port
- Security slot
- USB Type-C port
- Operating status LED
- Earpiece/Headset jack
- Memory card slot
The charging feature of the USB Type-C port When the computer is turned off, the device connected to the USB Type-C port is not charged.
Charging the battery
Fully charge the battery using the adapter before using the computer for the first time, or when the computer is completely discharged.
- Connect the adapter to the USB Type-C port of the computer. You can use the USB Type-C ports on either side of the computer.
- Plug the adapter into an electric socket.
● The charger should remain close to the electric socket and easily accessible while charging.
● If the battery is fully discharged, the computer will not turn on immediately with the adapter. A minimum level of battery power will be charged slowly for safety while the Power LED blinks red. You can turn on the computer after the Power LED stops blinking.
- When the battery is fully charged, the power LED turns green. Disconnect the adapter from the computer.
- Unplug the adapter from the electric socket.
Do not allow the adapter to make contact with your skin for a long time. A low-temperature burn may result.Power LEDStatusBlinks redPre-chargingRedChargingGreenFully chargedBlueTurned on
Turning the computer on
The computer turns on automatically when the display panel is opened. If the computer does not turn on automatically, press the Power button.
Installing a nano-SIM card (sold separately)
Let’s get started
To set up your Chromebook, you will need a Google Account and access to the internet. If you don’t have a Google Account, create an account.
The setup process may be different depending on the OS version being used.
- Activating the computer.
1. Select a network. Detected networks are automatically listed in the Connect to network menu.
2. Connect to a network.
3. Read and agree to the Google Chrome OS terms and conditions and select Accept and continue.
4. Enter your Google ID and password, then select Next.
If you do not have a Google Account, you can login as a “Guest” by selecting Browse as Guest.
Note that there are some restrictions in place while using Chrome OS as “Guest”.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the initial setup.
- Get started with your Chromebook.
When your Chromebook starts for the first time, updates may be performed for a few minutes during the activation step.
Using the touchpad
The touchpad responds to various touch actions and gestures.
Press and hold the touchpad
For your safety and security and to prevent damage, carefully read the following safety instructions.
- The product mentioned in this guide refers to all items supplied with the computer including the battery, the adapter, and all other Samsung-provided accessories.
- For more information, refer to the Safety precautions in the user manual.
To avoid suffocation, keep the plastic bag away from infants and children.
Do not place or use the computer on slanted or vibrating surfaces.
Keep the computer’s vents at least 15 cm away from walls and other objects and do not use the computer on blankets, or cushions that block the ventilation of the computer.
Handle the power cord with care.
- Do not touch with wet hands.
- Do not overload a multi-outlet or an extension cord beyond the specified voltage/current capacity.
- Use only properly earthed electric sockets or extension cords.
- Unplug the wall-mount adapter (integrated plug and power adapter) from the wall outlet while holding the body and pulling it in the direction of the arrow.
Connect the power cord to the adapter firmly.
If water or other substances enter the product, disconnect the power cable and contact a Samsung Service Center.
Do not bend or damage the power cable or the adapter with a heavy or sharp-edged object.
Keep the battery, adapter, and power cord away from infants, children, and pets.
Use only Samsung-approved batteries, adapters, and accessories.
Do not use the computer in hot or humid locations, such as a bathroom, sauna, or inside a car during summer.
The device can be used in locations with an ambient temperature of 10 °C to 35 °C and a relative humidity of 20 % to 80 %RH.
Do not store the computer in an enclosed space, such as a computer bag, while it is running.
Never heat the computer (or the battery) or put the computer (or the battery) into a fire or microwave.
Take care not to allow metal objects such as a key or clip to touch the battery terminal (metal parts).
If the product emits smoke or there is a burning smell, disconnect the power plug from the wall outlet and contact a Samsung Service Center immediately.
Keep the computer away from water or liquid.
If the computer is dropped or broken, disconnect the power cord and contact a Samsung Service Center.
Do not touch the computer’s surface or the vents for extended periods while the computer is on. Contact with the vent or the surface for extended periods may result in low temperature burns, such as redness of the skin.
Follow the specified instructions contained in the manual for user maintenance.
Leaving the screen idle for extended periods may result in afterimages (screen burn-in) or ghosting. Turn off the screen when you are not using the computer.
APPROVED FIRMWARE VERSIONS
This device will only operate with firmware versions that have been approved for use by your wireless carrier and the device manufacturer. If unauthorized firmware is placed on the device it will not function.
INFORMATION ABOUT SAFEGUARDING DEVICES
For more recycling information, go to our website: www.samsung.com/recycling or call 1-800-SAMSUNG.
BA68-12937Y English. 07/2021. Rev. 1.0
Documents / Resources
|SAMSUNG Galaxy XE345XDA Chromebook [pdf] User Guide|
Galaxy XE345XDA Chromebook, XE345XDA Chromebook, Chromebook