Read me first
Please read this manual before using the device to ensure safe and proper use.
- Images may differ in appearance from the actual product. Content is subject to change without prior notice.
- Before using the device, make sure the mobile device you want to connect to is compatible with this device.
Read all safety information before using the device to ensure safe and proper use. To view the full safety information, refer to the Samsung website. Use manufacturer-approved batteries, chargers, accessories, and supplies. Do not touch the device with wet hands. Do not drop or cause an impact to the charger or the device. The device can be used in locations with an ambient temperature of 0°C to 35°C. You can store the device at an ambient temperature of -20°C to 50°C. Using or storing the device outside of the recommended temperature ranges may damage the device or reduce the battery’s lifespan. Do not allow children or animals to chew or suck the device. Do not disassemble, modify, or repair your device. Do not use a headset while driving or riding. Doing so may distract your attention and cause an accident, or may be illegal depending on your region. Do not use a headset while walking, driving, or riding. Doing so may cause an accident. Do not use in dangerous places unless you can hear the ambient sound. To prevent possible hearing damage when using a headset, do not listen to sound at high volume for long periods.
Warning: situations that could cause injury to yourself or others
Caution: situations that could cause damage to your device or other equipment
Notice: notes, usage tips, or additional information
Check the product box for the following items:
- Quick start guide
- The items supplied with the device and any available accessories may vary depending on the region or service provider.
- Appearances and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
- You can purchase additional accessories from your local Samsung retailer. Make sure they are compatible with the device before purchase.
- Use only Samsung-approved accessories. Using unapproved accessories may cause performance problems and malfunctions that are not covered by the warranty.
- Availability of all accessories is subject to change depending entirely on manufacturing companies. For more information about available accessories, refer to the Samsung website.
- The earphone comes with initially installed ear tips and wingtips.
- It is important to choose the right size ear tips and wingtips for optimal audio and ANC performance. You can change the ear tips and wingtips to a size that fits your ears comfortably.
Using the device
How to wear
- Remove the default ear tip/wingtip: Pull out the ear tip. Then, also pull out the wingtip in the same direction. (1,2)
- Attach the best fitting ear tip/wingtip: Insert the wingtip into the groove. Then, insert the ear tip. (3,4)
- Seat the earphone in your ear firmly: After putting the earphone in your ear, rotate slightly to keep it close to your ear. (5,6)
Connecting to a mobile device
- Plug the product’s Type-C cable into the mobile device’s multipurpose jack (USB Type-C).
- When the earphone is connected to the mobile device’s multipurpose jack (USB Type-C), the ANC feature is activated automatically and the ANC indicator turns on blue.
- Noise may occur occasionally when connecting an earphone to the multipurpose jack (USB Type-C).
- This product uses the power of the mobile device.
- While this product is connected to the mobile device, the battery of the mobile device may drain quickly. Remove the product when not in use.
- To download the app, search for Samsung Type-C on Google Play Store or Galaxy Store.
Turn On/Off the ANC feature
Press the ANC button to turn on or off the ANC feature.
The ANC indicator turns on blue and the ANC feature removes noise while listening to music.
- If the connected mobile device’s battery is completely discharged, you cannot listen to music or use the ANC button.
- The effects of the ANC mode may be adjusted automatically depending on the environment.
- The effects of the ANC mode may not be noticeable and some noise may occur in very quiet environments.
Using the function button
You can use the features below by pressing the function button while using the product.
- Play/Pause a multimedia file
- Receive/End a call
- Reject a call (press and hold)
- Adjust the volume
Before contacting a Samsung Service Centre, please attempt the following solutions. Some situations may not apply to your device.
The device does not work
Disconnect the device from the mobile device and try to connect again.
Copyright © 2019 Samsung Electronics
This manual is protected under international copyright laws.
No part of this manual may be reproduced, distributed, translated, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or storing in any information storage and retrieval system.
- SAMSUNG and the SAMSUNG logo are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics.
- All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Documents / Resources
|SAMSUNG EO-IC500 ANC Type-C Earphone [pdf] User Manual|
EO-IC500, ANC Type-C Earphone