SAMSUNG A536U Galaxy A53 5G Smartphone User Guide
What’s in the box
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
- SIM card
- SIM Ejector Pin
- USB-C to USB-C Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Terms and Conditions
Useful apps* myAT&T
Manage your account, track your usage, review and pay your bill, and update your data plan service.
Have a question, call or chat with a live AT&T ProTech support expert.
AT&T Smart Wi-Fi
Find and auto-connect to available hotspots.
AT&T Call Protect
Tired of nuisance calls? Take more control with automatic fraud blocking and suspected spam warnings.
Get easy to understand solutions and device-troubleshooting help
*Compatible device and subscription may be required data and messaging rates may apply. Restrictions and limitations may apply. For more app information, go to https://att.com/shop/apps.
Find more information
Manage your account with myAT&T
- On your phone: Swipe up for Apps, and then tap the AT&T folder > myAT&T.
- On the web: att.com/myATT
Compatible device and online account required. Data and messaging rates may apply for download and app usage.
Need more help?
- On your phone: Swipe up for Apps, and then tap the AT&T folder > Device Help.
- On the web: att.com/DeviceHowTo
Give us a call
- 611 from any AT&T wireless phone
- 800.331.0500 or prepaid 800.901.9878
Remember to protect your device against loss, theft and damage. Learn more at att.com/protectyourdevice.
- To access user manuals, tips, videos, and more, visit samsung.com/us/support.
- For hardware or software support, call 800.726.7864 or visit samsung.com/us/ support/contact.
- To find a repair center, visit support-us. samsung.com/cyber/locator/asc_locator.jsp.
Your new phone
Need more help?
Swipe up for Apps > AT&T folder > Device Help
Rear cover and battery are not removable.
Do not attempt to remove.
Easily adjust settings
From the home screen, swipe up for Apps, and then tap Settings
Drag the Status bar down to display the Notification panel.
In addition to notifications, the Notification panel also provides quick access to device functions such as Settings, Search and Wi-Fi.
Capture life’s moments
Take a picture
From the home screen, tap Camera >
- Pinch the display to zoom in or out.
- Tap 0 to take a photo.
- Tap to take selfies.
- Swipe left and select MORE for shooting modes.
Record a video
From the home screen, tap Camera > VIDEO.
- Tap to start recording.
- Tap to capture a picture while recording.
- Tap to pause recording.
- Tap to end recording.
Share a picture or video
- After taking the picture, tap the image viewer at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the photo you want to share and then tap Share .
- Select the desired option to share your photo and follow the prompts.
How to replace the SIM
Remove SIM/microSD tray
- Use the tool to open the SIM/microSD ™ card tray.
Insert SIM/microSD card
- Place the SIM card and optional microSD card (sold separately) into the tray with the gold contacts facing up.
Turn on your new phone
- Press and hold the Side key until the device turns on.
Call family & friends
Make a call
- From the home screen, tap Phone.
- Place a call using one of the following:
• Keypad: Displays the keypad, and enters a phone number.
• Recents: Select from call history.
• Contacts: Select from the address book.
- Tap to make a voice call or to make a video call.
- From the home screen, tap Phone.
- Press and hold 1.
- From the home screen, swipe up for Apps, and then tap Visual Voicemail .
- Select a message to play.
Surf & stream in no time
Connect to Wi-Fi
- From the home screen, swipe up for Apps, and then tap Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Wi-Fi slider to turn it on.
- Tap a network, enter a password if required, then tap Connect.
- From the home screen, swipe up for Apps, and then tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
- Tap the Bluetooth slider to turn it on.
- Tap a device from the list to initiate pairing.
Optimize the battery
From the home screen, swipe up for Apps, and then tap Settings > Battery and device care .
AT&T Eco-Rating 2.0 only applies to Samsung Galaxy A53 5G. For limited factors evaluated visit att.com/ EcoSpace. Wireless Emergency Alerts is a registered
Trademark and Service Mark of CTIA.
© 2022 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung & Samsung Galaxy are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details. Contains Lithium-ion battery – recycle or dispose of properly. © 2022 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property. All other marks are the property of their respective
owners. Screen images simulated. Appearance of device may vary. Images shown are for reference only. If you use a screen protector, make sure it allows for use of touch-screen features
GH68-54243A Printed in USA
What is the SAR value of this device?
The SAR value of this device is 0.49 W/kg.
What is the IMEI number of this device?
The IMEI number of this device is 35485020431847.
What is the MEID number of this device?
The MEID number of this device is 35485020431847.
What are the software version and build date of this device?
The software version and build date of this device are as follows: Software Version : G950USQU2CRB9 Build Date : 02-02-2019.
Does this work on Tmobile?
What kind of bloatware does it have? my samsung g8 had bixby and i absolutely hated it.
A53 comes with Samsung’s own version of a number of standard Google apps included on Android, (i.e. calendar, contacts, etc.), so you have two of each. Absolutely useless. Samsung looked at Google’s user data harvesting and said, “We could do that too”.
Does A53 have bands 71?
Yes, this is the US version of the A53. It supports both LTE band 71 and 5g band n71. Anyone who claims that this phone does not support band 71 is probably thinking about the international version… or is just plain wrong.
Very loud speaker?
The speaker in itself is loud and clear but even better, for me, the Bluetooth connected easily to my hearing aids.
Will this phone work with Verizon?
Yes. You will have to purchase a sim card from Verizon, unless you already have one from another phone!
How much ram does this have?
does this support calling over WIFI ?
yes it supports wifi calling
Does the a53 5g unlocked us version work on visible wireless network ?
Yes they are!
will the sim card on my cell phone be compatible with this cell phone?
Is this phone compatible with Google Fi ??
US version is, even listed on Fi websites
Does this phone have gorilla glass?
Yes (Gorilla Glass 5).
Documents / Resources
|SAMSUNG A536U Galaxy A53 5G Smartphone [pdf] User Guide|
A536U, Galaxy A53 5G, Smartphone, Galaxy A53 5G Smartphone, A536U Galaxy A53 5G Smartphone