If you’re running out of room to store music on your Apple Watch, you may want to remove the music that was automatically added to your watch or music that you no longer listen to.
Note: To see how much music is stored on your Apple Watch, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, then go to General > Usage. You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, then go to General > Usage.
Remove music using your iPhone
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch, tap Music, then do any of the following:
- For music you’ve added: Tap Edit, then tap next to the items you want to remove.
- For music that was automatically added: Turn off Recent Music or other music automatically added to your Apple Watch.Note: Music you’ve recently played won’t be automatically added to Apple Watch until you turn on Recent Music again.
Music you remove from your Apple Watch remains on your iPhone.
Remove music using your Apple Watch
If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, you can remove music directly on Apple Watch, whether it was added automatically or you chose to add it.
- Open the Music app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Library, scroll down, tap Downloaded, then tap Playlists or Albums.
- Swipe left on a playlist or album, tap , then tap Remove.
- Tap Remove Download or Delete from Library.If you tap Remove Download, the item is removed from your Apple Watch but remains in your music library, allowing you to easily find it later. If you tap Delete from Library, it’s removed from your Apple Watch and from all other devices that use the same Apple ID.
Note: You can also remove individual songs. If you swipe left on a song, tap Remove, then tap Delete, the song is removed from your Apple Watch and from all other devices that use the same Apple ID.