T410A provides single-line break.
T410B provides double-line break.
Temperature Range: 40°F to 80°F (4°C to 27°C)
Electrical Ratings: 60 Hz noninductive
22A at 120-240 Vac; 19A at 277 Vac
Your Honeywell Thermostat
Your new Honeywell T410 Electric Heating Thermostat provides line voltage control of a radiant cable, electric baseboard, and resistive-rated fan forced heaters within the ratings listed above.
This thermostat is a line voltage control (120 Volts to 240 Volts.) Do not install it if you are not completely familiar with house wiring. If handled improperly, there can be risk of a 120 Volt to 240 Volt electric shock hazard, which may cause serious injury or death.
If this control is replacing a control that contains mercury in a sealed tube, do not place you old control in the trash. Dispose of properly.
Contact you local waste management authority for instruction regarding recycling and the proper disposal of a old control.
- Proper installation of your Honeywell thermostat will occur if you follow these instructions STEP-BY-STEP. It is recommended that as you read, understand and complete each step, you check ✓ it off with pencil or pen.
- Check thermostat suitability for your home’s system by reviewing the ratings listed above.
- Make certain that your heating system is working, especially if it has been inoperative for a length of time. If the system does not work, contact your local electrician for assistance.
- Carefully unpack your new thermostat. To avoid damage to the sensing element, do NOT remove the thermostat cover until wiring has been completed.
- Save packages of screws, instructions, receipt and proof-of-purchase.
REMOVE OLD THERMOSTAT
Begin by turning off power to the heating circuit at the main service panel.
- Remove cover of old thermostat—cover normally snaps off when pulled firmly from the bottom. If it resists, check for a screw that locks the cover.
- Loosen screws holding thermostat base to outlet box and lift away.
- Disconnect wires from old thermostat. As you disconnect each wire, tape the end and label it with the letter of the terminal designation to make reconnection to new thermostat easier.
- Check the old insulation for cracks, nicks or fraying, and apply high quality plastic tape where necessary for adequate insulation.
- Retain the old thermostat for reference purposes and until your new thermostat is functioning smoothly.
®U.S. Registered Trademark
Copyright © 2002 Honeywell • • All Rights Reserved
WIRE AND MOUNT NEW THERMOSTAT
- Remove thermostat cover by grasping the top and bottom ends with fingers, and pulling outward.
- Connect wires to the thermostat as shown in the applicable wiring diagram. Push the wires into the outlet box, and insert the thermostat into the box for mounting by pushing against top and bottom of the thermostat base.
IMPORTANT: Do not press on setting knob.
- Secure the thermostat to the box with the two captive mounting screws provided.
- Replace thermostat cover.
- Set knob to desired room temperature.
IMPORTANT: Rough handling or strong pressure can damage knob or sensing element, and change calibration.
- POWER SUPPLY. PROVIDE DISCONNECT MEANS AND OVERLOAD PROTECTION AS REQUIRED.
- BREAKS ON POSITIVE OFF.
- EXPOSED UNUSED LEADWIRES TO BE PROPERLY INSULATED.
- THERMALLY ACTIVATED—BREAKS ON TEMPERATURE RISE. MAKES ON TEMPERATURE FALL.
SPECIAL SERVICE CO/ALR SOLDERLESS CONNECTORS MUST BE USED WHEN CONNECTING WITH ALUMINUM CONDUCTORS; OTHERWISE, A FIRE HAZARD CAN RESULT.
CHECK OUT THERMOSTAT
- Turn on the power to the heating system.
- Turn setting knob all the way clockwise ; listen for clicking sound as switch makes contact. Electric heater should begin operation.
- Turn knob all the way counterclockwise ; listen for clicking sound as switch breaks contact. Electric heater should shut off.
- Begin with setting knob at 70°F (20°C) on the scale.
- If this setting is not satisfactory after at least two hours of operation, turn setting knob upscale to raise the temperature, or downscale to lower the temperature. Move knob only a degree each time.
Limited One-Year Warranty
Honeywell warrants this product to be free from defects in the workmanship or materials, under normal use and service, for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the consumer. If, at any time during the warranty period, the product is defective or malfunctions, Honeywell shall repair or replace it (at Honeywell’s option) within a reasonable period of time.
If the product is defective,
- return it, with a bill of sale or other dated proof of purchase, to the hardware or home center store where you purchased it, or
- package it carefully, along with proof of purchase (including date of purchase) and a short description of the malfunction, and mail it, postage prepaid, to the following address:
Honeywell Return Goods
Dock 4 MN10-3860
1985 Douglas Dr N
Golden Valley, MN 55422
in Canada: Honeywell Limited/Honeywell Limited
35 Dynamic Dr
Scarborough, Ontario M1V 4Z9
This warranty does not cover removal or reinstallation costs. This warranty shall not apply if it is shown by Honeywell that the defect of malfunction was caused by damage which occurred while the product was in the possession of a consumer.
Honeywell’s sole responsibility shall be to repair or replace the product within the terms stated above. HONEYWELL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF THIS PRODUCT. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.
THIS WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY HONEYWELL MAKES ON THIS PRODUCT. THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS HEREBY LIMITED TO THE ONE YEAR DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to your.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
If you have any questions concerning this warranty, please write to Honeywell Customer Relations, 1985 Douglas Dr N, MN10-1461, Golden Valley, MN 55422. In Canada write Retail Products ON15-02H, Honeywell Limited/Honeywell Limited, 35 Dynamic Dr, Scarborough, Ontario M1V 4Z9.
Automation and Control Solutions
Honeywell International Inc.
1985 Douglas Drive North
Golden Valley, MN 55422
Honeywell Limited—Honeywell Limitée
35 Dynamic Drive
Scarborough, Ontario M1V 4Z9
69-1562–1 G.H. 2-02