Honeywell’s Multi-Bay Battery Charger can fully charge up to four lithium-ion batteries in less than eight hours. An RP2 battery typically takes 4 hours to fully charge, and an RP4 battery takes 7 hours.
Use only a UL listed power supply that has been qualified by Honeywell with and output rated at 12 VDC.
We recommend the use of Honeywell accessories and power adapters. Use of any non-Honeywell accessories or power adapters may cause damage not covered by the warranty.
- Connect the right angle power adapter to the Multi-Bay Battery Charger. Then plug the power supply into an AC power outlet. Make sure the AC power outlet voltage is the same as the power supply.
Operational temperature for charging the battery is 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C). The storage temperature is -22° to 149°F (-30° to 65°C).
Ensure all components are dry prior to mating batteries with peripheral devices. Mating wet components may cause damage not covered by the warranty.
- Place a battery into a cradle to charge with the battery contacts facing the contacts on the charger.
- When a battery is inserted, the solid red LED appears. If the red LED does not appear or is flashing, check to make sure the battery pack is seated completely in the charger with the battery contacts facing the contacts on the charger.
- When the battery is fully charged, the LED turns green.
About the Battery
Use only Honeywell Li-ion battery packs in this device. Use of any non-Honeywell battery may result in damage not covered by the warranty.
- Batteries are shipped approximately 30% charged or less and should be fully charged for maximum charge capacity.
- The battery is a lithium ion cell and can be used without a full charge, and can also be charged without fully discharging without impacting the battery life. There is no need to perform any charge/discharge conditioning on this type of battery.
- Do not disassemble the battery. There are no user-serviceable parts in the battery.
- Do not allow metallic conductive objects to contact battery terminals. Do not short-circuit a battery or throw it into a fire; it can explode and cause severe personal injury.
- Improper battery use may result in a fire, explosion, or other hazard.
- Although your battery can be recharged many times, it will eventually be depleted. Replace it after the battery is unable to hold an adequate charge.
- If you are not sure if the battery or charger is working properly, send it to Honeywell International Inc. or an authorized service center for inspection. Refer to Technical Assistance for additional information.
Cleaning the Multi-Bay Battery Charger
Unplug the Multi-Bay Battery Charger from the power supply before cleaning.
Clean the housing of the Multi-Bay Battery Charger with a soft cloth or tissue dampened with water (or a mild detergent- water solution). If a detergent solution is used, rinse with a clean tissue dampened with water only.
Never use solvents (e.g., alcohol or acetone) on the housing. Solvents may damage the finish.
Honeywell International Inc. (“HII”) reserves the right to make changes in specifications and other information contained in this document without prior notice, and the reader should in all cases consult HII to determine whether any such changes have been made. The information in this publication does not represent a commitment on the part of HII.
HII shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein; nor for incidental or consequential damages resulting from the furnishing, performance, or use of this material. HII disclaims all responsibility for the selection and use of software and/or hardware to achieve intended results.
This document contains proprietary information that is protected by copyright. All rights are reserved. No part of this document may be photocopied, reproduced, or translated into another language without the prior written consent of HII.
© 2021 Honeywell International Inc. All rights reserved.
Web Address: sps.honeywell.com
Go to sps.honeywell.com and select Support > Productivity to find a host of options to help you quickly find the support you need and/or who to contact.
Product Service and Repair
Honeywell International Inc. provides service for all of its products through service centers throughout the world. Go to sps.honeywell.com and select Support to find a service center near you or to get a Return Material Authorization number (RMA
#) before returning a product.
For warranty information, go to sps.honeywell.com and select Support > Warranties.
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell RP4 Series 220540-000 Multi-Bay Battery Charger [pdf] Instructions|
RP4 Series, RP2 Series, 220540-000, Multi-Bay Battery Charger