Honeywell RCW35 Decor Wired Door Chime
Compatible with most bell pushes, with standard normally open contacts, including
Honeywell wired pushes marked with “B.”
Can work with up to 3 push circuits.
Illuminated bell pushbuttons can be used when the chime is powered by a transformer (Honeywell RCA90ON).
Before proceeding with the installation, please note the following safety warnings:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s advice when using power tools and wear
suitable protective equipment (e.g. safety goggles) when drilling holes, etc.
- Before drilling holes in walls, check for hidden electricity cables and water pipes.
The use of a cable/pipe locator is advisable if in doubt.
- Chime is for indoor use only.
- Avoid mounting location which can expose chime to splashing or dripping liquid.
- Use UL-approved transformer for connection to mains.
Batteries (battery pack or batteries installed) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire, or the like; the danger of damage if the battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
Checking Pack Contents
- 2x fixing screws for chime
- 2x wall plugs
You will need:
- Wired push
- 20 AWG minimum bell wire
- 4 mm cross-head screwdriver
- A small flat-bladed screwdriver
- 1/4-in. (6 mm) masonry drill bit
- 4 x LR14 ‘C Alkaline batteries OR
transformer (16V 10 VA) Honeywell part number RCA900N
- Open the chime cover
- Determine the type of power supply and type of wired push required to suit your
installation. Use 4 x LR14 ‘C’ size alkaline batteries; OR a 16V, 10VA transformer
as recommended in the table below:
Mount the Chime
- Mounting holes are marked with a screw symbol.
Connect the wires from the door push and transformer (where used) to the chime terminals as detailed in step 4. The wires can be surface mounted or direct from opening in the wall and enter the rear of the chime housing using the wire guide channels provided.
- Transformer-powered Wiring for standard/lighted push via a 16V 10VA transformer.
Note: Wire/cable length should not exceed 150 ft. (50 m).
- Battery-powered Wiring for standard (non-lighted) pushes only.
Note: Wire/cable length should not
exceed 150 ft. (50 m).
- A chime will play the default tune. The associated channel LED will illuminate.
To adjust the volume.
To Change Tune
Chime tunes are provided plus an additional alert tone.
Press the push button, and a chime will play a tune, while the Channel LED on the chime is flashing, press and release the tune button. Press and release the button again to cycle through the available tunes until you hear the tune you want to play.
The last tune played will be stored after Channel LED stops flashing.
To confirm, press the push button and the chime will play the tune you want.
The Program button can be used to:
- Change the tune of the associated push without pressing the push button.
Press and hold the program button The channel LED will illuminate in sequence. Release the program button when the channel LED for the related push illuminates. The chime will play the latest tune, channel LED will flash. While the channel LED is flashing, the tune can be changed using the tune select button
A short push of the program button will flash the Channel LED linked to the last push that was used.
Clip-on the front cover.
For customizable wood covers only:
Choose your paint, wood stain/varnish, or wallpaper, and then apply it to the cover. Follow manufacturers’ advice on the paint/vanish.
It is possible to unscrew the four screws shown below for finishing.
Ensure you screw it back with the same screws provided!
Once completed, clip it onto the base.
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 104°F0°C to +40°C|
|Sound Level (typical)||90dBA @ 3 ft (1m)|
|Power Supply||4 x LR14 C size alkaline batteries OR16V 10VA transformer (UL approved) Honeywell part number RCA900N|
|Battery Life (if applicable) (5 operations/day)||12 months|
When the illuminated bell push is operated, very dim / no light appears on the push…
Check the power supply. You should use a 16V 10VA transformer connection for an illuminated
push. Follow step 4.
The chime does not work…
- Check that the wiring is done correctly according to step 4, using a minimum of 20AWG wire.
If using batteries:
- Check that the batteries are the correct type, LR14 ‘C cells. Only use alkaline batteries.
- Check that the batteries are fitted correctly (with correct polarity).
- Check that battery are not too low.
The chime does not sound…
- Check that the volume control is not at the minimum setting.
Low battery light flashes…
- When the chime battery is low, an amber LED located at the side of the chime will flash. Install
new batteries in the chime, type LR14 ‘C’ cells. Only use alkaline batteries.
The icons keep on flashing.
- The push associated with the icon is stuck. Check the push.
Disposal & Recycling
Batteries and waste electrical products should not be disposed of with household waste. Please recycle where these facilities exist. Check with your local authority or retailer for recycling advice.
Honeywell guarantees this product for 1 year from the date of purchase. Proof of purchase is required; this does not affect your statutory rights. lf you require further information about your
product, call the Honeywell helpline at 1-800-468-1502.
Honeywell hereby declares that this product complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules and
Industrial Canada standards. This device operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for regulatory compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
The Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian lECS-003.
Honeywell International Inc.
ACS, Environmental and Combustion Controls
1985 Douglas Drive, Golden Valley, MN 55422
Printed in U.S.A. on recycled paper containing at least 10% post-consumer paper fibers.
U.S. Registered Trademark.
2008 Honeywell International Inc.
69-2173EFS-03 M.S. Rev. 04-08
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell RCW35 Decor Wired Door Chime [pdf] Instruction Manual|
RCW35 Decor Wired Door Chime, RCW25 Series, RCW35, Decor Wired Door Chime, Wired Door Chime