M6410A and M7410F Series 3000 Non-Spring Return Valve Actuators provide floating or modulating control of V5862A and V5863A Series 3000 Cartridge Globe Valves.
The actuators are used in electronic temperature control systems, which use hot and/or cold water (with glycol up to 50 percent) as the controlled medium in variable air volume (VAV) terminal units, fan-coil units, small reheaters and recoolers.
- Small size allows installation in limited space.
- Long stroke allows wider range of control
- Low power consumption.
- Synchronous motor.
- No mounting tools required.
- Low-maintenance plastic housing.
- Conduit connector standard.
- No separate linkage required.
- M6410A provides 3-position floating control without proportional feedback.
- M7410F receives 0 to 10 Vdc or 2 to 10 Vdc input signal, selectable at the site.
- M7410F includes direct/reverse acting switch.
- Especially suitable for Excel® Controller or Individual Room Controller (IRC) System.
- Internal valve position indicator.
- Magnetic coupling for torque limitation independent of voltage supply, and self-adjustment of close-off port.
- Ready-to-wire connecting cable.
- V5862A is a two-way female NPT valve.
- V5863A is a three-way female NPT mixing valve.
- Pressure-balanced plug.
- Soft valve seat provides low leakage rate.
- Valve inserts are changeable with the insert replacement tool.
- Threaded plastic cover allows manual operation.
- Brass body and stainless steel stem.
Equipment Damage Hazard.
- Installing a high-force (67.5 lb [300 N]) actuator on 1/2 or 3/4 in. valve can damage the valve beyond repair.
- Use only Series 1000 (40.5 lb [180 N]) actuators withthe smaller (1/2 in. and 3/4 in.) valves.
- Electrical Shock or Equipment Damage Hazard.
- Can shock individuals or short equipment circuitry.
- Disconnect power supply before installation
- A low-force (40.5 lb [180 N]) actuator installed on a valve larger than 3/4 in. cannot operate the valve.
- Install high-force actuators (67.5 lb) only on large valves (1 in., 1-1/4 in., 1-1/2 in.).
- M6410A: Non-Spring Return Valve Actuator. Provides floating control of the V5862A and V5863A Valves.
- M7410F: Non-Spring Return Valve Actuator. Provides modulating control of V5862A and V5863A Valves.
- V5862A: Two-way NPT Valves.
- V5863A: Three-way NPT Mixing Valves.
- M6410A: Floating.
- M7410F: Modulating.
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C).
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° to 158°F (-40° to 70°C).
- Humidity Range: 5 to 95% RH (noncondensing).
- M6410A: 5 oz (0.15 kg).
- M7410F: 5.6 oz (0.16 kg).
- Actuator screws onto valve body.
- M6410A, M7410F: 4.9 ft (1.5m) cable.
- Input Power:
- 24 Vac, +10/-30 percent, 50/60 Hz.
- Power Consumption:
- M6410A: 0.7 VA.
- M7410F: 1.4 VA.
- Input Signal (M7410F): Modulating 0 to 10V, 2 to 10V (adjustable), 0.1 mA.
- Input Impedance (M7410F): 100K ohms.
- 1/4 in. (6.5 mm).
- At 50 Hz: 150 seconds.
- At 60 Hz: 125 seconds.
- 67.5 lb (300 N).
- Water with maximum 50% glycol.
Controlled Water Temperature:
- 36° to 230°F (2° to 110°C).
- Two-way Valve: 50:1.
- Three-way Valve: 50:1 for controlled port (A to AB)
Valve Cv Rating:
- See Table 1.
NOTE: To determine the capacity index (Cv) needed for your application, use the following formula: Cv = gallons per minute divided by the square root of the pressure drop across the valve when the valve is fully open.
Stem and Plug Assembly:
- Stem: Stainless steel.
- Plug: Brass.
- M6410A: Non-Spring Return Valve Actuator (3-position floating).
- M7410F: 0 to 10 Vdc or 2 to 10 Vdc Electronic Actuator.
- Valve inserts are provided as spare parts. See Table 2.
- <=0.05% of Cv.
Valve Close-off Ratings:
- See Table 1.
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc. listed for plenum use (UL94-5V).
Table 1. Valve Close-off Ratings.
|Pipe Size in in. (mm)||Cv||Close-off Rating (psi)|
Accessories and Replacement Parts:
- WV3000R Insert Replacement Tool, for replacing cartridge insert.
Table 2. Valve Insert Replacement Parts.
|Diameter (in.)||For Valve||Cv||Part Number|
Dimensions in in. (mm):
|VALVE SIZE A (mm)||B||C||D||E||F||G|
|1 (25)||4-1/8 (105)||1-5/8 (41)||2-1/16 (53)||3-5/8 (92)||2 (50)||2-5/16 (58)|
|1-1/4 (32)||4-15/16 (125)||2 (50)||2-7/16 (62)||3-5/8 (92)||2-3/16 (55)||2-5/16 (58)|
|1-1/2 (38)||5-1/8 (130)||2-3/16 (55)||2-9/16 (65)||3-7/8 (98)||2-9/16 (65)||2-11/16 (69)|
FOR 1, 1-1/4 AND 1-1/2 INCH VALVES
- V5862A3 FLOW
- V5863 FLOW
Non-Spring Return Actuators (M6410A, M7410F)
Cartridge Globe Valves
Cartridge globe valve supplier must be Honeywell.
Valves shall be available in two- and three-way mixing models with brass bodies and stainless steel stem. Valves must have nominal range ability of 50:1 or better. Valves must have a leakage rating less than 0.05% of the Cv.
Valves 1 in. or larger must be pressure balanced.
Valves shall be usable with hot water, chilled water, or glycol solutions up to 50 percent. Valves must have available insert replacement tools to facilitate changing the cartridge.
Cartridge Globe Valve Actuators
Cartridge globe valve actuator supplier must be Honeywell. Electric actuators shall provide either floating or modulating control of two- and threeway cartridge globe valves. Actuator will operate at 24 Vac (+10/-30%) and 50/60 Hz. Actuator must screw onto compatible valve body without the aid of mounting tools. Actuators shall have an ambient temperature rating of 32 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit
By using this Honeywell literature, you agree that Honeywell will have no liability for any damages arising out of your use or modification to, the literature. You will defend and indemnify Honeywell, its affiliates and subsidiaries, from and against any liability, cost, or damages, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of, or resulting from, any modification to the literature by you.
Automation and Control Solutions
Honeywell International Inc.
1985 Douglas Drive North
Golden Valley, MN 55422
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell M7410F Series 3000 Non-Spring Return Valve Actuators [pdf] User Manual|
M6410A, M7410F, V5862A, V5863A, Series 3000, Non-Spring Return Valve Actuators