Honeywell LTRASONIC COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to people or property, including the following:
- The appliance should always be placed on a firm, flat, waterproof surface at least four feet (1.2 m) away from bedside, 12 inches (30 cm) from the wall and out of reach of patients, children and pets. Be sure the appliance is in a stable position and the power cord is away from heated surfaces and out of the way to prevent the humidifier from being tipped over.
- The appliance should not be left unattended in a closed room since air could become saturated and leave condensation in front of unit, on walls and furniture. Leave room door partly open. Do not aim mist nozzle directly at children, walls or furniture.
- Before using the appliance, extend the cord and inspect for any signs of damage. Do not use the unit if the cord has been damaged. Do not operate with power cord coiled or twist tie in place.
- The appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other) as a safety feature. This plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- CAUTION: To avoid fire or shock hazard, plug the appliance directly into a 120V AC electrical outlet. To avoid risk of fire, shock or personal injury do not use an extension cord.
- The appliance should always be unplugged and emptied when not in operation or while being cleaned. Shut off and unplug humidifier before moving. Do not move or tilt humidifier while it is in operation. Plug and unplug unit with dry hands. Never pull by cord.
- Do not operate the appliance without water. Turn off and unplug unit when tank is empty.
- Appliance requires regular cleaning. Refer to, and follow, cleaning instructions.
- Do not operate outdoors; this appliance is intended for indoor residential use only.
- Do not cover or insert objects into any openings on the unit.
- Do not attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this appliance. Doing so will void your warranty.
- Do not place in direct sunlight, high temperature areas or near computers or sensitive electronic equipment.
- Do not touch the nebulizer while the unit is plugged in as burns could result.
- Do not add any medications (e.g. Kaz Inhalant) into Mist Outlet, Base, Reservoir or Water Tank.
HONEYWELL HUL535 Series HUMIDIFIER
This device complies with Part 18 of the FCC rules.
WARNING: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This equipment has been tested and found to comply within the limits for Consumer ISM equipment, pursuant to Part 18 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy, and if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference with radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio TV technician for help.
HUL535 Series HUMIDIFIER COMPONENTS
SETTING UP YOUR HUMIDIFIER
- Remove packaging materials. Keep instructions.
- Remove twist tie and extend power cord.
- Place on a firm, level, water resistant surface a minimum of 12” (30cm) from any walls.
NOTE: Water Tank should be carried using two hands. One hand using carrying handle located on tank top and other hand supporting the base of the tank.
Kaz will not accept responsibility for property damage caused by water spillage.
- Remove Tank and turn upside down.
- Turn Tank Cap in the direction of the open lock symbol to remove cap.
- Fill Tank with cool water. Do not fill with warm or hot water.
- Securely replace Tank Cap, aligning arrow to lock symbol. Be sure that black Cap Seal is securely in place.
- Place Tank back on base.
CAUTION: Use care when handling Water Tank to avoid unnecessary impact. Banging or dropping the Water Tank could result in damage to the tank that will cause leaking.
- Power: With the Power Knob in the off position, plug humidifier into a polarized 120V outlet. CAUTION: To avoid electric shock do not plug humidifier into outlet with wet hands.
- Output: Turn the Power Knob to highest setting.
- Direct mist output away from walls, furniture and bedding.
- Humidity Level: When a comfortable humidity level is reached turn Power Knob to a lower setting. A comfortable humidity level is between 40-60%.
To monitor your humidity level use a humidity monitor such as the Vicks V70 or V70-CAN model or the Honeywell H10C model.
If you notice condensation on the walls, windows or around unit, your humidity level is too high. Turn humidifier off.
CAUTION: Before moving humidifier, turn off, unplug and empty the humidifier.
To properly clean your humidifier we recommend the separate processes of Scale Removal and Disinfecting shown below. These two processes MUST BE performed separately.
All maintenance should be done in the kitchen or bathroom on a water resistant surface near a faucet. Do not wash any components of this humidifier in the dishwasher.
Instructions for Scale Removal
- Turn off and unplug the humidifier.
- Remove Water Tank from Base. Remove Mist Outlet from top of Water Tank and set aside. Remove Tank Cap, taking care that black rubber Cap Seal does not come off. Empty water from Water Tank and Base.
- If accessory is installed, remove accessory and set aside. Do not clean accessory. This will damage the accessory.
- Add 2 cups of undiluted distilled white vinegar to Water Tank. Replace Tank Cap and swish vinegar solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. Vinegar solution will drain into Water Reservoir and loosen mineral buildup (scale) on Nebulizer and Float as they soak in the solution. It will also loosen scale on bottom of Water Tank.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- After soaking, unlock Tank Cap and pour solution out in sink. Use solution from Water Reservoir to wipe the underside of the Mist Outlet with a clean cloth.
- Pour solution from Water Reservoir out in sink. Wipe Nebulizer and Float with soft cloth to remove loosened mineral deposits.
- Rinse Water Reservoir and Water Tank until smell of vinegar (for Scale Removal process) or bleach solution (for Disinfecting process) is gone. Make sure water does not enter the fan opening (vented opening in back of base) or Power Knob.
CAUTION: Do not submerge base in water. Doing so will damage the humidifier and void the warranty.
Instructions for Disinfecting
Follow Steps 1-3 in Scale Removal Instructions in previous section.
For Step 4: Add 1 tsp of bleach to 1 gallon (3.8L) of water and add to Water Tank. Replace Tank Cap. Swish solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. Bleach solution will drain into Water Reservoir and will disinfect Water Reservoir and other components as they soak.
NOTE: Using more than 1 tsp. of bleach per gallon of water may result in damage to your humidifier.
See steps 5-8 in Scale Removal Instructions in previous section to complete Disinfecting process.
NOTE: Do not mix vinegar and bleach solutions together. Scale Removal and Disinfecting must
WATER QUALITY AND YOUR HUMIDIFIER
High mineral content in your water, also known as “hard water” may cause a white mineral residue to accumulate on surfaces in the room near the humidifier. This mineral residue is commonly referred to as “White Dust.” The higher the mineral content or hardness of your water, the greater the potential that you may have white dust.
White dust is not a result of a defect or flaw in the humidifier. It is a result of the amount of minerals suspended in the water you are using.
If you live in a hard water area the use of distilled water will minimize the production of white dust.
END-OF-SEASON CARE AND STORAGE
Follow the CLEANING instructions when the humidifier will not be used for at least one week, or it is the end of the season.
At the end of the season, remove any accessories used with the humidifier and allow the humidifier and accessories to dry completely before storing.
Do not store with water inside the Base, Water Reservoir or Water Tank.
Pack unit safely and store in a cool, dry location.
TO ORDER REPLACEMENT PARTS
CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS
The Honeywell HUL535 Series model is rated at 120V, 60 Hz.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST OR SEE YOUR WARRANTY. DO NOT RETURN THE HUMIDIFIER TO THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF PURCHASE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE BASE OR TAMPER WITH THE POWER KNOB YOURSELF. DOING SO MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGE TO THE PRODUCT.
If your humidifier is not working properly, refer to the following:
2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
You should first read all instructions before attempting to use this product.
- A. This 2 year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. It also does not apply to the filter or Protec™ Cartridge. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty. KAZ USA, INC. IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.
- B. At its option, Kaz USA, Inc. will repair or replace this product if it is found to be defective in material or workmanship.
- C. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with the instruction manual.
- D. Return defective product to Kaz USA, Inc. with a brief description of the problem. Include proof of purchase and a $10 US/$15.50 CAN check or money order for handling, return packing and shipping charges. Please include your name, address and a daytime phone number.
You must prepay shipping charges. We suggest having tracking or delivery confirmation. Send to:
Helen of Troy
Attn: Returns Department 1 Helen of Troy Plaza
El Paso, TX 79912
Kaz Canada, Inc.
Attn: Returns Department 510 Bronte Street South Milton, ON L9T 2X6 Canada
Please go to www.kaz.com and register your product under the Customer Care Center and receive product information updates and new promotional offers.
© 2014 Kaz USA, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Manufactured by Kaz USA, Inc.
250 Turnpike Rd.
Southborough, MA 01772
Distributed by Kaz Canada, Inc.
510 Bronte St. S., Milton, ON L9T 2X6
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell LTRASONIC COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER [pdf] Instructions|
Honeywell, HUL535 Series, Ultrasonic Cool MIST Humidifier