IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS AIR PURIFIER
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions before operating the air purifier.
- Place air purifier where it is not easily overturned by persons in the household.
- ALWAYS turn the air purifier controls to the OFF position and unplug from the wall outlet when not in use.
- To disconnect the air purifier, first turn the control to the OFF position, grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet when not in use. NEVER pull by the cord.
- DO NOT use any product with a damaged cord or plug, any product that malfunctions, or any product that has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- DO NOT use air purifier outdoors.
- DO NOT use air purifier unless it is fully assembled.
- DO NOT run power cord under carpets, and DO NOT cover with throw rugs. Arrange cord such that it will not be a tripping hazard.
- DO NOT use air purifier where combustible gases or vapors are present.
- DO NOT expose the air purifier to rain, or use near water in a bathroom, laundry area or other damp location.
- The air purifier MUST be used in its horizontal position only.
- DO NOT allow foreign objects to enter ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause electric shock or damage to the air purifier. DO NOT block air outlets or intakes.
- Locate air purifier near the outlet and DO NOT use with extension cord or power strip.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- A loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and a distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
- DO NOT sit, stand or place heavy objects on the air purifier.
- ALWAYS Disconnect power supply before servicing.
- SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
For FCC compliance information, please see last page of this manual.
WARNING: To Reduce The Risk of Fire or Electric Shock, DO NOT Use This Air Purifier With Any Solid-State Speed Control Device.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR AIR PURIFIER
HOW YOUR AIR PURIFIER WORKS
This model air purifier incorporates a 2-stage cleaning system to help clean the air that passes through the filter in the unit (Fig. 1).
Stage 1: Carbon Activated Pre-Filter layer traps larger particles and household odors*
Stage 2: HEPA-Type Filter captures up to 99% of microscopic particles, as small as 2 microns*
*From the air that passes through the filter
2-Stage Filter System
- Select a firm, level and flat location. For best airflow, locate the unit at least 6 inches (15.2 cm) from any wall.
- When operating, large volumes of air are drawn toward the air purifier. Surrounding areas should be cleaned and/or vacuumed frequently to prevent build-up of dust and other contaminants. This may help prolong the life of the filter. If the unit is placed on a light colored carpet, a small mat or rug should be used underneath to prevent staining. This is especially important in homes with contamination from smoking or fireplaces.
INSTALLING THE DUAL ACTION HEPA-TYPE FILTER
The Dual Action HEPA-Type Filter with integrated carbon pre-filter is supplied within the air purifier. It is wrapped to ensure purity.
- Unplug the air purifier.
- Turn the air purifier upside down on a flat surface.
The filter is visible from the bottom of the unit (Fig. 2).
- Remove the filter by grasping the filter from the finger notches.
There are small molded tabs that secure the filter in place and prevent it from slipping out of the unit. Pull away from tabs and up to remove. When removing a used filter that is not wrapped in plastic, pull the black ribbon tabs to remove.
- Remove the protective plastic wrap from the Dual Action HEPA-Type Filter
- Replace the filter in the unit with the black (activated carbon) side facing the air intake grille. The filter will be held in place in the unit with the small molded tabs. Be sure to leave the black fabric ribbon accessible to facilitate easy removal next time you have to replace the filter.
This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. EPA. Room air cleaners have demonstrated the potential for improving air quality and providing health benefits. EPA does not endorse manufacturer claims regarding the degree to which a specific product will produce healthier indoor air.
The energy efficiency of this ENERGY STAR certified model is measured based on a ratio between the model’s CADR for Smoke and the electrical energy it consumes, or CADR/Watt.
- Ensure the air purifier is plugged into a working electrical outlet
- Turn the Power Knob to desired setting (O = Off, III = High, II = Medium, I = Low)
Portable air purifiers are more effective in rooms where all the doors and windows are closed. It is recommended that you run your air purifier while you are at home to help clean the air.
ELECTRONIC FILTER CHANGE REMINDER
This model air purifier has an electronic filter check to remind you when to replace the Dual Action HEPA-Type Filter based on the air purifier’s hours of use.
An LED light will illuminate when it is time to change the filter.
You should periodically check the filter. Depending on operating conditions, the filter should be replaced every 4 months for best performance.
REPLACE WITH HEPA-TYPE FILTER
TO RESET THE ELECTRONIC FILTER CHECK:
When the filter indicator light remains on, it is time to change the Dual Action HEPA-Type Filter and reset the filter monitor. With the unit powered on, press the filter reset button next to the LED Filter Indicator Light and hold for approximately 5 seconds until the light turns off (see Fig. 3). Depending upon your individual usage (environment and hours used), you may need to replace the filter more or less frequently. Each time you replace your filter, you should reset the filter monitor reset button.
HOW TO REPLACE YOUR FILTER
The 99% efficient Dual Action HEPA-Type Filter has a built-in odor adsorbing pre-filter. This Dual Action Replacement Filter is not cleanable, and should be replaced every 4 months to help ensure optimal performance. The replacement interval is intended as a guideline only. Useful life expectancy of any filter media is dependent upon the concentration of contaminants going through the system. High concentrations of contaminants such as dust, pet dander and smoke will reduce the useful life of the filter. See page 4: INSTALLING THE DUAL ACTION HEPA-TYPE FILTER for instructions
CLEANING AND STORAGE
We recommend that you clean the air purifier at least once every 3 months and before extended storage.
Use only a dry cloth to wipe the external surfaces of the air purifier. DO NOT USE WATER, WAX, POLISH, OR ANY CHEMICAL SOLUTION.
If your Air Purifier will not be used for more than 30 days, we recommend:
- Remove the HEPA-Type Filter from the unit.
- Place the HEPA-Type Filter in a plastic bag, seal the bag and store with the unit.
ACCESSORIES AND REPLACEMENT FILTER
Use only Genuine Honeywell Replacement Filters. You may purchase Honeywell (HRF201B)
Replacement Filter at the store where you purchased your air purifier or they can be ordered directly from www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com
If you have any questions, please call 1-800-477-0457 or email ConsumerRelations@HelenofTroy.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My Air Purifier is making noise and the air output is less. What’s wrong?
The Dual Action HEPA-Type Filter in your air purifier was shipped with a plastic bag over it to ensure purity.
Make sure the plastic bag has been removed before use.
The filters may be dirty. High amounts of contaminants can block the pores in the filter and stop the air from
moving through it. Replace the filter with the Dual Action HEPA-Type Replacement Filter.
How long should I run my Air Purifier?
It is recommended that you run your air purifier when you are at home to help clean the air. If desired or conditions warrant, you may run your air purifier 24 hours a day. This unit will be more effective when windows and doors are closed.
Can I wash my Dual Action HEPA-Type Filter?
No. Washing the Dual Action HEPA-Type Filter will destroy it.
How does the electronic filter check work?
The red filter check LED will illuminate when it is time to change the filter after 4 months of operation of the air purifier. Change the filter and reset the filter monitor.
3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
You should first read all instructions before attempting to use this product.
A. This 3 year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty. KAZ IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.
B. At its option, Kaz will repair or replace this product if it is found to be defective in material or workmanship.
C. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with the instruction manual.
D. This warranty does not cover the HEPA-Type Filter, except for material or workmanship defects.
Please go to www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com/warranty-registration to register your product and receive product information updates and new promotional offers.
We are here to help answer any questions you may have about this product.
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-477-0457, e-mail: ConsumerRelations@HelenofTroy.com, or visit our website at: www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com
Please be sure to specify the model number.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST OR SEE YOUR WARRANTY. DO NOT RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF PURCHASE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE MOTOR HOUSING YOURSELF, DOING SO MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE AIR PURIFIER OR PERSONAL INJURY.
THIS DEVICE COMPLIES WITH INDUSTRY CANADA’S LICENSE-EXEMPT RSS-210
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
© 2021 All Rights Reserved.
Kaz USA, Inc., a Helen of Troy Company
400 Donald Lynch Blvd., Suite 300, Marlborough, MA 01752
Honeywell is a trademark of Honeywell International Inc., used under license by Helen of Troy Limited.
Distributed by: Kaz Canada, Inc., a Helen of Troy Company
6700 Century Avenue, Suite 210, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 6A4
Contact us at 1-800-477-0457 or www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com
The ENERGY STAR name and marks are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. EPA.
Made in China.
For Responsible recycling, please visit:
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell HHT270 Series HepaClean Tabletop Air Purifier [pdf] Owner’s Manual|
HHT270 Series, HepaClean Tabletop Air Purifier