Honeywell EXCEL PLUS, EXCEL EDGE ALIGNMENT SCOPE
The Alignment Scope is a new generation optical scope used for both Search line Excel™ Plus and Search line Excel™ Edge. It is specifically designed for simple and repeatable optimal alignment of the transmitter and receiver. The Alignment Scope features a zoom function and a viewfinder.
The Alignment Scope is used for both Search line Excel Plus & Search line Excel Edge and is simply attached to the front face of the transmitter and receiver. The basic procedure for aligning the transmitter and receiver is the same, starting with the transmitter.
Refer to the Technical Manual for instructions on basic and accurate alignment. You can download the Technical Manual from www.sps.honeywell.com.
WARNING: DO NOT attempt to view the sun through the Search line Excel Alignment Scope.
- Searchline Excel Plus & Searchline Excel Edge Alignment Scope should only be installed by fully trained personnel, trained by Honeywell Analytics or an authorised Honeywell Analytics trainer.
Detailed information concerning installation and alignment is provided in the Technical Manual.
- Do NOT adjust the cross-hairs using the Alignment Scope’s elevation and windage adjusters as they have been factory set.
- Ensure that the Alignment Scope’s spacers are precisely aligned with the instrument’s cowling gap before locking the ﬁtting. Full details are given in the Technical Manual.
- If the Alignment Scope is damaged or misaligned it must be returned to the factory for repair or realignment.
- Keep the Alignment Scope and optics clean of dust to avoid scratches on the transmitter/receiver windows. Consider a suitable cleaning method with regard to the climate. Avoid using moisteners in very cold temperatures.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- 1 Searchline Excel Plus/Edge Alignment Scope
- 1 Quick Start Guide (this document)
- 1 Lens cloth
Honeywell Analytics warrants the Searchline Excel Plus/Edge Alignment Scope for 3 years against defective parts and workmanship.
This warranty does not cover consumable, normal wear and tear, or damage caused by accident, abuse, improper installation, unauthorized use, modiﬁcation or repair, ambient environment, poisons, contaminants or abnormal operating conditions.
This warranty does not apply to components that are covered under separate warranties, or to any 3rd-party components.
In no event shall Honeywell Analytics be liable for any damages or injury of any nature or kind, no matter how caused, that arise from incorrect handling or use of this equipment.
In no event shall Honeywell Analytics be liable for any equipment malfunction or damages whatsoever, including (without limitation) incidental, direct, indirect, special, and consequential damages, damages for loss of business proﬁts, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss, resulting from the incorrect installation or use of this equipment.
Any claim under the Honeywell Analytics Product Warranty must be made within the warranty period and as soon as reasonably practicable after a defect is discovered. Please contact your local Honeywell Analytics Service representative to register your claim.
This is a summary. For full warranty terms please refer to the Honeywell General Statement of Limited Product Warranty, which is available on request.
Find out more
Contact Honeywell Analytics:
Europe, Middle East, Africa
Life Safety Distribution GmbH
Tel: 00800 333 222 44 (Freephone no.)
Tel: +41 (0)44 943 4380 (Alternative no.)
Middle East Tel: +971 4 450 5800 (Fixed Gas Detection)
Middle East Tel: +971 4 450 5852 (Portable Gas Detection)
Honeywell Analytics Distribution Inc.
Tel: +1 847 955 8200
Toll free: +1 800 538 0363
Honeywell Analytics Asia Pacific
Tel: +82 (0) 2 6909 0300
India Tel: +91 124 4752700
China Tel: +86 10 5885 8788-3000
While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy in this publication, no responsibility can be accepted for errors or omissions. Data may change, as well as legislation and you are strongly advised to obtain copies of the most recently issued regulations, standards and guidelines. This publication is not intended to form the basis of a contract.
Issue 1 06/2021
2017M1235 ECO A05518
© 2021 Honeywell Analytics
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell EXCEL PLUS, EXCEL EDGE ALIGNMENT SCOPE [pdf] User Guide|
EXCEL PLUS, EXCEL EDGE, ALIGNMENT SCOPE