Honeywell CL48PM Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
Quick Start Guide
- Fill with water and plug into standard power outlet.
Note : Please make sure that the power outlet is set to correct settings as per product specifications.
- Place near open door or window.
Note : Evaporative Air Coolers work on evaporative cooling mechanism which requires cross ventillation.
- Turn ON and enjoy the cooling breeze.
Note: Start with LOW speed and gradually increase to higher speed for optimum cooling performance.
Read all instructions carefully before setting up and operating the unit, and please keep this instruction manual for future reference. This manual is designed to provide you with important information needed to setup, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot your cooler. Failure to follow these instructions may damage and/or impair its operation and void the warranty.
You are now the proud owner of an Usha Honeywell Evaporative Air Cooler.
Innovatively designed, using only the highest quality material and components, your Usha Honeywell Air Cooler is designed for years of trouble free performance.
Please read this Instruction Manual carefully before using the product and keep it carefully after reading for future reference.
For optimum cooling performance from your unit, please fill the tank with water & ice, if available, to increase the cooling power.
COOLER LOCATION (IMPORTANT TO READ)
Place the cooler in front of an open door or window. Ensure that there is adequate cross ventillation in the room by leaving adoor or window open opposite from the cooler. Following these rules will ensure your cooler will work as effectively as possible.
NATURAL ENERGY EFFICIENT COOLING
Evaporative air cooling is the natural way of cooling, similar to a breeze blowing across a lake. This breeze drops the temperature and has a relaxing cooling effect. The evaporative air cooler cools the air by means of the evaporation of water. When water evaporates into the air, the result is a mixture of air and water molecules. This chemical change requires heat which is taken from the water molecules, resulting in cooler air propelled from the unit.
The recommended maximum relative humidity level is 60% or less, which allows a noticeable temperature decrease. The temperature decrease will be greater in drier climates because higher evaporation occurs when humidity is low.
The evaporative air cooler should not be used in enclosed spaces. It must be kept level and there must be water in the water tank. The room should have doors and windows opened to allow free air flow. The evaporative air cooler works best when placed near an open window, so that outside air is drawn into the evaporative air cooler, the air circulates in the room, then exits via the door. The maximum cooling effect is felt when a person is in the flow of air coming out of the evaporative air cooler.
The evaporative air cooler can also be used to humidify dry air during cool weather. To be used for humidification the windows and doors should be closed to allow the humidified air to accumulate. The evaporative air cooler is not an air conditioner as it does not use a compressor or refrigerant gas.
When the product is used for the first time the Honeycomb cooling media will have an odour which will dissipate within a week of initial use.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed:
- Your cooler runs on 230V AC, 50 Hz current. Check the house-hold voltage to ensure it matches the appliance’s rate specifica-tion.
- Before operating the product remove it from its packaging and check it is in good condition.
- DO NOT operate any product with a damaged cord or plug. We recommend not to use an extension cord with this appliance.
- DO NOT run power cord under carpeting, or cover it with rugs or runners. Keep the cord away from areas where it may be tripped over.
- Always unplug the product before refilling the water tank. Always unplug the appliance from the power source before cleaning, servicing or relocating the unit.
- Remove the power cord from the electrical receptacle by grasping and pulling on the power cord plug-end only, never pull the cord.
- DO NOT use the product in areas where gasoline, paint or other flammable goods and objects are stored.
- When using the ”COOL” setting, please check the water tank to ensure it is full. Operation of this unit on the ”COOL” setting with an empty tank may result in damage to the water pump.
- DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions of the cooler, as this may void the warranty.
- DO NOT cover the air inlet or outlet on the appliance as this may cause motor damage.
- DO NOT insert or allow objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may damage the product and could cause an electrical shock or fire.
- DO NOT operate with the Honeycomb media removed as this will overload and damage the motor.
- DO NOT leave the appliance operating unattended for any extended period of time.
- DO NOT let children play with this appliance, packaging or plastic bags.
- If the unit is damaged or it malfunctions, do not continue to operate it. Refer to the troubleshooting section and /or please seek professional advice. Place the unit on a level floor. This product is not intended for use in wet or damp locations.
- Never locate the product where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container. DO NOT use in bathrooms or outdoors.
- When the unit is not in use always store in a dry area.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children or elderly) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Always grip the side handles to move the unit.
- Water / Ice Inlet
- Right Panel
- Lever for Horizontal Louvers
- Water Tank
- Horizontal Louvers
- Water Level Indicator
- Control Panel
- Left Panel
- Drain Plug
- Water Fill Door (Manual Water Inlet)
- Back Panel
USE & OPERATION
FILL WATER ( Manually )
Open (Slide-out) the water fill door located on the back-side of the unit and fill water inside the tank.
Optionally, you may also fill water or load ice from the water/ice inlet located on the top besides the control panel. Loading the ice in the ice inlet compartment, will help to improve the cooling efficieny.
Check Max. Level of water on the Water Level Indicator. Always check water level in the tank before running the “COOL” function.
Always make sure water in the tank is above the Min. Water level mark.
Running the unit with inadequate water may cause pump failure.
CAUTION Unplug from power when refilling.
NOTE: Speed control may be marked as High / Med / Low in certain units.
- SPEED / ON – OFF
Connect to the power supply and turn the Speed knob. The fan will start. Change the speed from 1 for Low to 2 for Medium to 3 High. To switch OFF the unit turn the Speed to “0”.
Turn the Cool knob ON to start the cooling. It takes a few minutes to obtain the full effect from this mode.
- Vertical Louvers
Turn the SWING knob to ‘ON’. The louvers will begin to move from right to left automatically.
- Horizontal Louvers
Manually adjust the horizontal louvers to change vertical airflow.
- Vertical Louvers
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- Before cleaning the unit, switch it to the ”off” position and remove the plug from the power socket.
- To clean the outside, use a damp cloth to remove dirt and dust.
- Never use detergents, corrosive elements or any chemicals to clean this product. When the product is not in use, store the unit in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
CLEANING AND DRAINING THE WATER TANK
- Turn the power “off” and disconnect the unit from power supply.
- Move the unit to a location where it can be drained and remove the drainage tube/cap (see parts description on page 7).
- Once the tank is empty, refill with clean water and drain it again.
- This should be repeated weekly to maintain the integrity of the unit and to remove particles filtered from the air.
- Once the tank is clean, refill the water tank. The unit is now ready to be used again.
MAINTAINING & CHANGING THE HONEYCOMB
- The appliance is supplied with Honeycomb cooling media.
- The cleaning frequency for the Honeycomb media depends on local air and water conditions. In areas where the mineral content of water is high, mineral deposits may build up on the honeycomb cooling media and restrict air flow. Draining the water reservoir and refilling with fresh water at least once a week will help reduce mineral deposits. If mineral deposits remain on the Honeycomb media, the media should be removed and washed under fresh water. The media should be cleaned every two months or sooner, depending on your needs.
- Do not run the unit in COOL mode with stale water in the tank. It is recommended to empty the tank and refill it with fresh water if the water has been standing in the tank for an extended period of time.
- For best results, allow the honeycomb cooling media to dry after each use by turning
NOTE: This unit is supplied with three (3) Honeycomb Cooling Media’s located on the back & two sides. The removal procedure for all the media’s is same as explained above.
|The unit does not respond||Remote control batteries.||Check batteries, Replace if|
|needed. Try to operate using|
|the control panel.|
|Damaged PCB||Try with remote control. If the|
|unit responds, PCB board|
|fasteners may be loose.|
|Contact service centre.|
|If neither remote control nor|
|control panel works, PCB|
|board may be damaged.|
|Contact service centre.|
MODEL NO. CL48PM
- Voltage 230V
- Frequency 50Hz
- Wattage 140 Watts
- Water Tank Capacity 40 Litres
- Cooling Media Honeycomb
- Product Dimension (L) x (W) x (H) 600 x 490 x 830 mm
- Net Weight 13.3 Kg
ELECTRICAL WIRING DIAGRAM
SERVICE AND WARRANTY
This appliance is warranted for one year against all manufacturing defects from the date of sale. In the event of any complaint, please contact your nearest Company Service Centre or call at our Toll Free no: 1800-1033-111
This Warranty is valid only when…
- The appliance has not been opened or tempered with, by any unauthorized person.
- The warranty card or cash memo duly signed by the authorized dealer are presented with the complaint.
- The appliance has been installed, used and maintained in accordance with the instructional manual.
This Warranty does not apply for…
- Damages due to chipping, peeling, plating and denting.
- Breakage or damage to components made out of Bakelite, Urea, ABS, SAN and such plastic, materials, rubber parts and cord.
- Normal wear and tear of parts.
- Damage resulting from accidents, mishandling or negligence on part of the customer.
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell CL48PM Portable Evaporative Air Cooler [pdf] Instruction Manual|
CL48PM, Portable Evaporative Air Cooler, Evaporative Air Cooler, Air Cooler, CL48PM, Cooler