Honeywell CL202PEU Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
- Control Panel
- Adjustable Louvers
- Power Cord & Plug
- Water Fill Door & Ice Compartment Lid
- Water Level Indicator
- Rear Grill
- Honeycomb Cooling Media
- Drain Plug
WARNING — READ AND SAVE THE AIR COOLER SAFETY & MAINTENANCE GUIDE AND USER MANUAL BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY DAMAGE AND/ OR IMPAIR ITS OPERATION AND VOID THE WARRANTY. IN CASE THERE IS ANY INCONSISTENCY OR CONFLICT BETWEEN THE ENGLISH VERSION AND ANY OTHER LANGUAGE VERSION OF THE CONTENT OF THIS MATERIAL, THE ENGLISH VERSION SHALL PREVAIL.
WARNING: Risks of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons that could exist due to use of the product. The instructions shall caution the user to place the product and connected cord so that the product is not likely to be upset.
WARNING: Risk of electric shock due to overfilling or cleaning the product and removal of the heating element portion of the product without disconnecting the power-supply cord.
USE & OPERATION
Press the button to turn the unit on. When power button is pressed, the fan will automatically activate. The cooler will start automatically at medium speed. After a few seconds the speed will switch to low. To turn the unit off, press the button again.
Press the button until the indicator light is illuminated on the control panel. Horizontal Air Flow -The louvers will begin to move left to right automatically. Vertical Air Flow – You can manually adjust the louvers to change up and down airflow.
Press the button until the desired time duration setting is selected. When the set time has passed, the unit will automatically turn off (unit remains in Standby mode until power cord is unplugged from electrical socket). The function allows you to program the unit for up to 7 hours of use.
Press the button repeatedly to change the speed between 3 (High) – 2 (Medium) – 1 (Low).
Press the button until the to activate the Cooling mode, as the water pump will engage and wet Honeycomb cooling media.
Note: When the COOL indicator light is switched OFF, the unit will automatically revert to fan mode only (without evaporative cooling).
Press the button again indicator lights are illuminated on the control panel, this activates evaporative cooling.
- The remote control requires CR2025 (3V) batteries for replacement.
- Open the battery compartment at the back of the remote control and insert batteries inside. Care must be taken to insert the batteries according to the correct polarity (+ / –) markings shown inside the battery compartment.
- Always point the remote control signal transmitter towards the unit when operating. Make sure that the signal path is not obstructed.
- Remove the batteries if the unit is not going to be used for an extended period of time.
- Do not drop the remote control.
- Do not mix different types of batteries such as alkaline, carbon-zinc, or rechargeable batteries. Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Do not recharge the battery.
- Exhausted batteries are to be removed from the product and safely disposed of as per local regulations.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire. Batteries may explode or leak.
WARNING: Caution for ingestion of the small battery. Keep away from children and animals.
WARNING: Chemical Burn Hazard. Keep batteries away from children. See Manual.
This product contains a lithium button/coin cell battery. If a new or used lithium button/coin cell battery is swallowed or enters the body, it can cause severe internal burns and can lead to death in as little as 2 hours. Always completely secure the battery compartment. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product, remove the batteries, and keep it away from children. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
WARNING: Even used cells may cause injury.
Make sure to position the air cooler correctly before you set up and start using the product. Please refer to the COOLER LOCATION section of the separate Safety & Maintenance Guide.
WATER & ICE COMPARTMENT
Unplug the unit from the electrical power outlet before emptying or refilling the water tank.
Open the Water Fill Door & Ice Compartment Lid, which is located on the top of the unit. The Water Level Indicator is located at the front of the unit. Refill the water tank when water level is low. Slowly add water, until water level indicator marks “MAX”. Overfilling can cause leaking and water accumulation on louvers.
Check the water level in the tank before running the COOL function. Make sure that the water in the tank is above the minimum water level mark. Running the unit in COOL mode with inadequate water may cause pump failure.
Note: The water capacity refers to the total volume of water that can be contained within the air cooler water tank and water distribution system. The water capacity in the tank at the “Max.” indicator level may be lower than the actual water capacity of the air cooler.
WARNING: Do not fill water tank with dirty water or salt water. This can damage the unit and Honeycomb media.
LOW WATER ALARM
The unit is equipped with a low water sensor. In Cooling Mode, when water in the tank is below the minimum level, you will hear a beeping sound and the COOL indicator light will flash continuously. The unit will automatically pause evaporative cooling.
Refill the water tank to deactivate the alarm in cooling mode. First switch OFF the unit and unplug from the power outlet. Fill the water tank with water above the minimum water level mark. Plug in and switch ON again.
To deactivate the alarm and continue using the unit as a fan (without evaporative cooling), switch the unit OFF and then ON again. The Low Water Alarm will not activate in Fan only mode. The Low Water Alarm will sound again if the COOL function is activated while the water tank is still empty.
CLEANING & DRAINING THE WATER TANK
Below are instructions on how to clean and maintain your air cooler. If the cooler will not be used for a long period of time, please refer to the STORAGE & MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES located in the separate Safety & Maintenance Guide.
Before cleaning the unit, switch the unit OFF and disconnect from the electrical socket.
- Move the unit to a location where the water can be drained. Remove the cap from the Drain plug located at the bottom of the unit. Allow the tank to empty.
- Refill the water tank with clean water and drain it completely.
- Refill the water tank with clean water, up to the maximum level.
- Use a damp cloth to remove dirt and dust from the surface of the unit. Never use corrosive elements or chemicals to clean this product.
- When the product is not in use, store the unit in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
Note: Ensure that unit and filters are fully dry prior to storing.
CLEANING THE HONEYCOMB COOLING MEDIA
Switch off the master power for the outlet before unplugging the unit from the electrical outlet. Make sure all outlets and plugs are dry before use.
- The appliance is supplied with a Honeycomb Cooling Media.
- Honeycomb Cooling Media is located inside the Rear Grill. See Figure 1 for instructions on how to remove them from the unit for cleaning and maintenance.
- Do not run the unit in COOL mode with stale water in the tank. You must empty the water tank and refill with fresh water, especially if the tank has not been cleaned in a long time.
- The cleaning frequency for the Honeycomb media depends on local air and water conditions. In areas where the mineral content of water is high, mineral deposits may build up on the Honeycomb Cooling Media and restrict air flow. Draining the water tank and refilling with fresh water at least once a week will help reduce mineral deposits. If mineral deposits remain on the Honeycomb Cooling Media, the media should be removed and washed under fresh water. The media should be cleaned every two months or sooner, depending on your needs.
- For best results allow the Honeycomb Cooling Media to dry after each use by turning off the cool function 15 minutes before turning the unit off.
Removing the Honeycomb Cooling Media:
- Remove all the screws from the Rear Grill of the Air Cooler.
- Carefully pull out the Rear Grill from the Cooler.
- Remove the screws from the left or right side of the Honeycomb Frame. Carefully raise the side so that the metal wire is away from the Honeycomb cooling media and remove the Honeycomb Cooling Media. Replace or clean media with water and a damp cloth as needed.
WARNING: DO NOT operate the Air Cooler when the Rear Grill is removed from the Air Cooler, or if there is a loose-fitting Rear Grill. Doing so can cause serious injury or dangerous electrical shock.
Made in China
© 2021 JMATEK Limited. All rights reserved.
The Honeywell Trademark is used under license from Honeywell International Inc.
Honeywell International Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to this product. This product is manufactured by Airtek Int’l Corp. Ltd.
(subsidiary of JMATEK Ltd.).
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell CL202PEU Portable Evaporative Air Cooler [pdf] User Manual|
CL202PEU, Portable Evaporative Air Cooler, CL202PEU Portable Evaporative Air Cooler