The 1000-ohm, three-watt 4074FAB Resistor is used in certain applications to assure compatibility with power stealing thermostats.
Use this Resistor When Installing
- Forced air systems using ST9120 or ST9141
Electronic Fan Timer.
- Taco zone valve applications.
- Trane electric heat air handlers.
- Oil systems using Honeywell R8184 Oil Primaries.
- Cool only applications.
When Installing this Product
- Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow them could damage the product or cause a hazardous condition.
- Check the ratings on the resistor to make sure the resistor is suitable for your application.
- Installer must be a trained, experienced service technician.
- After installation is complete, check out product operation as provided in these instructions.
Can Cause Electrical Shock or Equipment Damage.
Disconnect power supply before installing resistor.
To Install The Resistor
- Loosen terminal screws as shown in the application drawing.
- Slide the resistor leads under the terminal screws and tighten the screws.
- Turn on the system power.
- Set the thermostat heating setpoint to 10°F (6°C) above the room temperature.
- Watch the thermostat display for approximately five minutes to be sure the display does not go blank during the call for heat.
- Reset the thermostat to a comfortable setpoint.
Automation and Control Solutions
Honeywell International, Inc.
1985 Douglas Drive North
Golden Valley, MN 55422
35 Dynamic Drive
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell 4074FAB Resistor [pdf] Installation Guide|