About this manual
Thanks for your order about our 3” mobile barcode label printer. This manual can help you learn how to use this product. Please read this manual carefully before using it and keep it for future reference.
For your convenience, this manual uses the following symbols (icons) and conventions:
- Warning This symbol indicates a warning that improper use may result in property damage, serious injury or death.
- Attention This symbol indicates that improper use may result in personal injury or damage to the product.
- Remarks The symbol identifies the notes that give you better access to the product or extend the life of the product.
The following manuals provide detailed information on various technical issues.
- Command Set: Provide a detailed description of the product development.
This product is a Class A product and may cause radio interference in a live environment. In this case, it may be necessary for the user to take practical measures to interfere with it.
The illustrations and text display used in this manual may differ from the actual ones. Product information has been in-kind, subject to change without notice.
Observe the following precautions when using the printer.
- Attention Do not disassemble the printer yourself, please read this manual carefully before using
- Warning Turn off the power immediately after a fault. When you find the printer or charger smoke or smell, please unplug the charger and remove the battery, be careful to avoid being burned.
- Warning Do not use the printer near flammable materials such as gas stations or fuel depots.
- Warning Always place the printer and charger in a ventilated environment at an ambient temperature of -5 ° C to 50 ° C and always use the charger supplied by the dealer. Using an unapproved charger may be dangerous, while also violating the provisions of the warranty terms.
- Attention Do not open the paper cover while the printer is printing, otherwise unpredictable conditions may occur and the printer may be damaged.
- Attention After the printing, the print head is still in a high temperature state, do not touch, so as not to burn.
- Attention Do not use solvents such as benzene or thinner to wipe the printer. Do not touch the printer with corrosive chemicals or cleaning agents. Use only a clean, soft cloth to gently wipe the printer.
- Attention Use only original or approved paper, as this may result in poor print quality or damage to the printer core.
- Attention If you store the printer for an extended period of time, make sure to remove the battery from the printer and store it separately. Failure to do so may cause the battery to fail, or even leak, and damage the printer.
- Attention Before changing batteries, please power off the printer and cut off the power if connecting the printer with power adapter.
- Attention The printer could work stably from 0°C to 40°C, but the higher or lower temperature would debase the print quality.
- Attention The storage time of receipts should be related to quality of the thermal paper. If the user needs to print the long-term preservation receipt, please use long-acting thermal paper.
- Attention This printer is suitable for the area below 2000 meters and no tropics.
Battery Safety Attention
- Attention Please read this user manual and battery surface marks carefully before using the printer.
- Warning Charge the battery in a cool, ventilated room. The ambient temperature is too high when charging the battery. It will cause fever, smoky, deformation, combustion and even explosion.
- Warning Battery comes with special protective circuit, please don’t take apart the battery, otherwise it may cause a short circuit or electrolyte leakage. If the electrolyte enters the eyes, there is a risk of blindness. If you accidentally enter the eyes, please do water rinse immediately and immediately go to the hospital.
- Warning Please do not squeeze the battery, mechanical vibration or shaking the battery, the use of battery short circuit is strictly prohibited.
- Warning Please do not put the battery into the water, so as not to cause internal short circuit, causing the battery heat, smoky, damage or explosion.
- Warning Do not expose the battery to direct sunlight or high levels of smoke and dust, or in high humidity environments such as bathroom.
- Attention Replace it if the battery does not meet the performance requirements.
- Attention Keep the battery in a safe place out of the reach of children in case of danger.
- Attention Once the battery discoloration or deformation etc., please stop using immediately.
Attention When Using Battery Charger
- Attention Before use, please read this manual and charger surface marks.
- Warning Please do not disassemble or refit the charger, it is strictly prohibited in the case of the power cord damage using charger, otherwise it will cause electric shock, on fire and damage of the charger.
- Warning Please don’t use wet hand contact with the charger, if the charger comes into contact with the water or liquid, should immediately cut off power supply.
- Warning Please do not short circuit battery chargers, mechanical vibration or shaking the charger.
- Warning Please do not use the charger in the bathroom where has high humidity. The device is not waterproof, it is forbidden to make it in the rain or moisture.
- Warning Seize charger when unplug, pull the power cord will damage the wires.
- Attention Please put the charger in the safe place where children are not exposed to, in case of any danger.
If any items are damaged or missing, please contact your supplier
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- Quick Installation Guide
Preparation before using
Printing paper roll installation
- Take down the sealing tape on printing paper roll;
- Press cover-open button and open paper tank;
- Put paper roll into paper tank;
- Pull out a length of paper along with paper-out opening.
- Paper specification used by printer is: paper width 80mm
- Pay attention to direction of paper roll. If it’s revered, it may cause empty printing or non-process paper-feeding.
- Plug power adapter into power outlet and plug USB interface into the printer
- Charging Port: AC: 110V~240V(50/60Hz)
- Charging: Battery indication symbol battery status bar scrolling displays.
- Charging complete: The icon indicate the battery is fully charged, the buzzer will the sound alarm.
Warning: If use power adapter that is not provided or accepted by our company, it may damage printer.
Remark: It can print during changing.
Attention: Please don’t fetch out battery during charging.
- Power on: Keep pressing power button for 3 seconds.
- Power off: Keep pressing printer power button during starting up, then printer closes.
- Paper feeding: Press the feed button(Under the continuation paper model then paper feed for 5mm. press paper feed button in label / black label model, paper feeding to label gap or black label).
- Sleep wake: When printer start up if there is no pressing operation or data
transmission within 5 seconds, printer will enter into dormant status automatically.
if press power button will wake the printer (The printer will wake up automatically when it receives data).
- Enter setting interface: Long press set button to enter selection interface under on status (non-dormant status).
- Press set button: Enter to set next selection.
- Press paper- feeding button: Change option parameter.
- Press power button: Confirm set.
The print self-test page has the details of the printer and Communication interface configuration, etc.
Firmware Version: A43B1C3D1F0_V1.11 2018-11-02
Model: …………………………….Mobile printer
Interface: ……………………….USB & BlueTooth
Code Page: …………………….GBK
Print Method: ………………..Direct Thermal
Print Quality: ………………….2
Print Density: :………………..2
Print Speed: ……………………4
Font: …………………………………24x24GB 18030汉字字库
Media Type: ……………………Label
Instruction Set: ……………..CPCL
Print Size Parameter
Size: …………………………….72 mm, 100mm
Reference: …………………0mm, 0mm
[POWER & DEGREE]
VOLTAGE: 7.793 DEGREE: 28
EDR NAME: ………………Mobile printer-5BC1
EDR PIN: ……………………0000
EDR ADDR: ……………….DC-0D-30-0F-5B-C1
BLE ADDR: ………………..DC-0D-30-0F-5B-C1
BT Ver: ………………………..5.7.7,FSC-BT826
Bluetooth information can setup by setting tool, the details pls check < Setting tool Manual>.
|Print Status||The icon display at screen when printing|
|Paper End||Insert Paper||The icon display at screen when paper ending or wrong paper install.|
|Cover Opening||Close Cover||The icon display at screen when cover open or closed in wrong operation.|
|Battery Indicator||The grids will running on charging.|
|Bluetooth||The icon will display if the printer has bluetooth function.|
3″moboile label printer applies Micro USB interface, if connected to PC as blew, can perform operations such as charging, setting and transmitting data.
3’Mobile Label Printer has both models Bluetooth 4.0 (SPP+BLE) ,it can communicate with iPhone, iPad, Android. The effective communication distance is less than or equal to 10 meters. It support for AirSync protocol and can use Bluetooth function on the Wechat platform.
Bluetooth default pairing password: 0000, it can be setting up with parameter settings. For more details see «Tool setting manual».
Printer daily maintenance
- Clean printer exterior and paper tank: please scrub printer surface and paper tank interior slightly with wringed wet cloth. Pay attention to that wet cloth must be wringed out completely.
- Clean printer mechanism: printer mechanism must be cleaned regularly, especially when printing quality decrease. Cleaning method is as follows: scrub printer mechanism surface spots and residual gum on label paper with degreasing cotton dipping with anhyrous alcohol until scrubbed clearly.
- If discover there is water in printer interior, please close printer and fetch out battery immediately and let printer dry naturally.
- If printer won’t use for long-time, please fetch out battery and preserve it separately.
Printing paper usage and preservation
- New purchased printing paper shall avoid direct sunlight or preservation in high-temperature locations. Please don’t tear packaging paper during preservation.
- The receipt after printing shall be preserved under condition of normal temperature (about 20°C) and lucifuge. This can prolong receipt preservation period effectively.
- If users need to preserve receipt for a long period, please select long-acting thermosensitive printing papers.
|Fault phenomenon||Fault reason||Solution|
|Printer only feeds paper during printing, and has no printing data.||Printing paper is installed upside down.||Change printing paper installation direction.|
|Printer prints blurrily||Printer movement is polluted due to long-term not being cleaned.||Movement needs to be cleaned.|
|Printing paper coloration is not good.||Please set higher blackness or use printing paper with better coloration.|
|Printed receipt characters become fuzzy within several months or even several weeks.||Printing paper quality is not good.||Please use thermal printing paper with long retention period.|
|Preservation temperature of receipt is too high.||Please preserve under normal temperature (about 20 °C)|
|Printing method||Thermal line|
|paper roll diameter||Maxȹ43mm|
|Printing speed||Max 90mm/s|
|Built-in font||GB 18030 (24×24)|
|Machinery lifespan||50km (within 12.5% printing density)|
|Printing command||CPCL, TSPL, ZPL, ESC/POS|
|Printing length||Max 300m (under situation of full charge and 12.5% printing density)|
|Interface (Optional)||USB||Micro USB|
|Printing content||Multiple language or graph like Chinese, English and Russian1D barcode: UPC-A, UPC-E, CODE39, EAN-13, EAN-8, CODABAR, CODE128, CODE93, ITF 2Dbarcode: QR CODE|
|Charging time||2 Hours|
|Gross Weight||About 0.4kg (including battery)|
|Using environment||Temperature: 0°C~40°CHumidity: 20%~85%|
|Stock environment||Temperature: -20°C~70°CHumidity: 5%~95%|
This product adopts Li-on rechargeable battery. In order to protect environment, please don’t dispose waste battery at will .Supplier will provide battery recycling service for you.
Building 1, Lane.555, Huan ke Rd., zhangjiang Hi-tech Park, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, P.R.C
Post Number: 201203
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell 3” Mobile Label Printer [pdf] User Manual|
3 Mobile Label Printer, MPD31D