1 – Waterproof Fire Chest
1 – User Guide
2 – Entry Keys
Please carefully check the above list to confirm all items have been received. If any items are missing, please contact Consumer Assistance. (See page 5 for contact information).
Read this manual carefully and never store it inside the safe!
DO NOT RETURN SAFE TO STORE
If you are missing parts or have difficulty operating your chest, please contact our Consumer Assistance Department by telephone. The store will not accept returned products without prior authorization. You must first contact our Consumer Assistance Department (See page 7 for contact information).
FOR YOUR PROTECTION
Record all chest Identification Numbers on Chest Identification records (page 7).
Save this manual and NEVER keep it inside the chest.
Your new Honeywell Programmable Digital Locking Waterproof Fire Chest will provide years of document and media protection. All Honeywell Waterproof Fire Chests are designed and built using the highest manufacturing standards to ensure maximum user satisfaction under a variety of conditions. Your Honeywell Waterproof Fire Chest will provide “Peace of Mind” for many years to come.
Thank you and enjoy!
A – Chest Lid
B – Programmable Digital Lock
C – LED Indicator Light
D – Chest Body
E – Carry Handle
F – Privacy Lock
G – Knob
Uses 4 AAA batteries
Honeywell Waterproof Fire Chests are designed to protect paper documents and files from heat and moisture damage due to exposure to fire and water.
IMPORTANT: Before using your new chest it should be opened and aired out for at least 30 minutes to allow the waterproof seal to decompress and perform as intended.
WARNING: This chest is not intended for the storage of medications, firearms, ammunition, or combustible items of any kind.
WARNING: You should not store pearls in this chest because they may sustain damage at temperatures below 350˚F.
Independent testing verified the interior temperature remains below 350º F
(177ºC) for thirty minutes when the outside temperature is up to 1550ºF (843ºC).
Independent testing verified that the interior remains dry when completely
submerged for up to 80 hours (1-meter depth of water).
HOW TO STORE CHEST
For your chest to perform as specified, it must always be stored flat with the lid on top and closed. Never store the chest on any of the sides or upside-down.
INTERIOR MOISTURE WARNING
IMPORTANT: For optimum performance, Waterproof Fire Chests should be opened and aired out for at least 30 minutes every week to prevent any build-up of moisture inside. It is recommended to occasionally do this for longer periods. This will balance the humidity difference inside and outside and allow any excess moisture trapped inside to escape. If you do not open Waterproof Fire Chests on a regular basis to let them air out, you may begin to notice a musty smell, especially on paperwork.
The manufacturer will not be responsible for any damage or loss of items placed in Waterproof Fire Chests due to moisture.
Proper care and preventative maintenance of Waterproof Fire Chests is the owner’s responsibility. The owner should understand that this is required to assure continued levels of protection and trouble-free performance during the lifetime.
- Insert key into lock cylinder (Figure 1.1).
- Turn the key counterclockwise to the left ¼ turn (Figure 1.2).
- With the key lock in the unlocked position, turn the knob to the right to the unlocked position (Figure 1.3).
- While holding the knob in the unlocked position, lift the lid to open (Figure 1.4).
Note: The knob will return to the locked position when released.
- The slide the battery compartment covers open and install 4 AAA batteries over the ribbon in the right orientation (Figure 1.5). Replace the battery cover.
- LED will flash Green and Red 3 times (Figure 1.6).
The factory default passcode is 1-2-3-4-1-2
Remember to change the user passcode to a new user 6-digit passcode, once the passcode is changed, the factory default passcode will no longer work.
- Enter the factory default passcode (Figure 1.7), with each digit entry, the LED will flash red once (Figure 1.8).
- Each consecutive digit entry must be within 10 seconds. If the interval is greater than 10 seconds, previous digit entries will be invalid.
- When a correct entry is entered, LED will light up green for 5 seconds and you can turn the knob to the right to unlatch the safe and lift the lid to open.
- If the entry is incorrect, LED will flash red 3 times.
- After 3 incorrect entries, the chest will lock down for 4 minutes.
UNLOCKING THE CHEST
- Enter the default passcode (Figure 2.1)
- Turn the knob to the right to the unlocked position (Figure 2.2).
- While holding the knob in the unlocked position, lift the lid to open (Figure 2.3).
Note: The knob will return to the locked position when released.
SETTING THE NEW PASSCODE OR RESETTING THE PASSCODE
- Open the lid, remove the reset button cover (Figure 2.4) and press the reset button on the underside of the lock, LED will flash Red to indicate the passcode setting (Figure 2.5).
- Enter the new user 6 digit passcode and press the reset button (Figure 2.6).
- LED will then flash Green and re-enter the 6-digit passcode.
- If the passcode both times is a match and 6 digits long, the LED will light up green for 2 seconds, indicating the passcode has been successfully changed.
- If the passcode both times is not a match or less than 6 digits long, the LED will light up red for 2 seconds, indicating passcode change is unsuccessful and revert back to the previous set passcode.
LOW BATTERY INDICATOR
When entering the passcode, the LED flashes orange to indicate that power is low and batteries need to be replaced.
- 3 incorrect entries will lock down the chest for 4 minutes, during this time, all entries will be invalid.
- The chest can be opened with the emergency override key during this time, See page 5.
UNLOCKING AND OPENING THE CHEST WITH THE KEY
- Insert key into lock cylinder (Figure 3.1).
- Turn the key counterclockwise to the left ¼ turn (Figure 3.2).
- With the key lock in the unlocked position, turn the knob to the right to the unlatched position (Figure 3.3).
- Hold the knob in the unlatched position. Lift the lid to open. (Figure 3.4).
Note: The knob will return to the locked position when released.
To avoid possible injury, make sure hands or fingers are clear before closing the chest lid.
CLOSING AND LOCKING THE CHEST USING THE KEY
TO CLOSE AND LOCK THE CHEST
- Carefully lower the lid into the closed position and push it downwards to ensure it is properly latched (Figure 4.1).
REMOVE THE KEY
- Turn the key clockwise to the right ¼ turn (Figure 4.2).
- You may remove the key (Figure 4.3). Remove the Key.
ORDERING ADDITIONAL KEYS
The following information is required to order keys:
PROOF OF OWNERSHIP (1 of 2 Options Below)
A) SALES RECEIPT & IDENTIFICATION – (INTERNATIONAL ORDERS ONLY!)
- Copy of sales receipt showing Store, Date & Product Description.
- Copy of your picture I.D. (Drivers license, passport, regular I.D.).
B) PRODUCT OWNERSHIP VERIFICATION FORM
If a sales receipt is not available, contact us by email or telephone to request a “Product Ownership Verification Form”.
ORDER INFORMATION CONTACT:
- Name & Shipping Address
- E-mail address (If Available)
- Telephone Number
- Best Time to Contact You
- Chest Model #
- Lock Key #
- Quantity of Keys Ordered
PLACING AN ORDER
- To begin the order process, contact us by telephone, email, or mail
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Visa, MasterCard, Check, or Money Order
NOTE: For pricing please contact Consumer Assistance. Contact information is located on page 7 of this manual. Payment methods and pricing are subject to change.
LOCATING KEY IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS
3-4 Digit Numbers etched on the metal collar located in the key hole (Figure 5.1).
This same 3-4 Digit Number is also etched on the key itself (Figure 5.2).
TELEPHONE: US/Canada 1-877-354-5457 (Toll-Free)
Mexico 01-800-288-2872 After the English voice recording stops you must then enter 800-860-1677 to complete your call. (Toll-Free)
Australia 0011-800-5325-7000 (Toll-Free)
Germany/New Zealand 00-800-5325-7000 (Toll-Free)
Other Countries XX*-310-323-5722 (Toll Charges Apply)
XX*- Dial U.S. Country Code first
CALL CENTER HOURS:
US/Canada 7 am – 5 pm (PST**) Mon – Fri (Subject to change)
CALL BACK HOURS:
Other Countries 7 am – 8 pm (PST**) Mon – Fri (Subject to change)
PST**- Local time in Los Angeles, CA, USA
INTERNATIONAL CALL BACK HOURS:
If you need to speak with a consumer assistant and cannot contact us during the Call Center hours above, please send an email or leave a telephone message, including your Name, Telephone Number, and the best time for us to contact you during the Call Back hours above and we will make every effort to contact you and help answer any of your questions or concerns.
* Insert correct Country Code
** Local Time based on Los Angeles California USA
CHEST IDENTIFICATION RECORD
Key / Lock Number:_________________________________________
LH Licensed Products, Inc., (“LHLP, Inc.”) warrants that for a period of seven (7) years from the date of purchase, this product will be free from structural or mechanical defects resulting from materials or workmanship. LHLP, Inc., at its sole option and as the purchaser’s sole remedy under this warranty, will repair or replace this product or any component of the product found to be defective during the warranty period. Replacement or repair will be made with a new or remanufactured product or component. If the product is no longer available, a replacement may be made with a similar product of equal or greater value.
THIS IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This warranty is only valid for the original retail purchaser from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. You must keep the original sales receipt. Proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty service.
LHLP, Inc. dealers, service centers, or retail stores selling this product do not have the right to alter, modify or in any way change the terms and conditions of this warranty.
This warranty does not apply to the finish on the product. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear of parts or damage resulting from any of the following: negligent use or misuse of the product, use contrary to the operating instructions, disassembly, repair or alteration by anyone other than LHLP, Inc. or an authorized service center, improper installation, or exposure to extremes of heat or humidity. Further, the warranty does not cover Acts of God, such as fire, flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes.
LHLP, Inc. shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by the breach of any express or implied warranty or otherwise relating to the sale of this product.
LHLP, Inc. is also not responsible for: costs associated with removing or installing the product; damage or loss of the contents of the product; nor for the unauthorized removal of the contents; or damages incurred during shipment.
THE ABOVE WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND LHLP, INC. DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER COVENANTS AND WARRANTIES.
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in duration to the duration of the above warranty period. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied
warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state, province to province, or jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
LIFETIME AFTER-FIRE REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE
If this Honeywell fire-resistant product was purchased from LH Licensed Products, Inc.
(“LHLP”) and is damaged by fire at any time while still owned by you (the original owner), LHLP will ship a free replacement if you send the following to Customer Service, LH Licensed Products, Inc., 860 E. Sandhill Ave., Carson, CA 90746 USA:
- Your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number with area code;
- A description of the fire, the model number and a photo of the burned unit, and a copy of the report from the fire department, insurance or police.
Freight on the replacement unit is not included in the guarantee and must be paid by the consumer. If an identical product is no longer available, LHLP will provide a similar unit from its current product line. LHLP is not responsible for any loss or damage to the contents of the safe.
LH Licensed Products, Inc.
860 East Sandhill Avenue
Carson, CA 90746
The Honeywell Trademark is used under license from Honeywell International Inc. and makes no representations or warranties with respect to this product.
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell 1553 Programmable Digital Lock Waterproof Fire Chest [pdf] User Guide|
1553 Programmable Digital Lock Waterproof Fire Chest, 1553, Programmable Digital Lock Waterproof Fire Chest