INSTRUCTIONS FOR OPERATION
❶ BATTERY COMPARTMENT LID
❷ ON/OFF SWITCH/VOLUME CONTROl
❸ MICROPHONE/WIND SHIELD
❹ AUDIO INPUT
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FITTING
The IMPACT SPORT™ amplifies surrounding sounds such as voices, machines and warning signals to safe levels yet it provides good hearing protection. Loud impulse sounds are effectively limited to safe levels under the ear cups. The unique stereo microphones
(3) allow detection of the direction of ambient sounds, enhancing communication abilities and awareness of surroundings. This earmuff is provided with electrical audio input.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Open the battery lid (1) by pushing the lid up with your thumbs. Let it slide off of the ear cup. Insert the two enclosed LR03 type 1.5 V AAA batteries. Make sure that the + and – poles are in the correct position. Ensure that the battery lid is closed completely.
- Extend the headband before use.
- Place the earcups over the ears with the microphones (3) in the forward position to obtain the best listening conditions (picture A).
- Adjust the earmuff fit position by sliding the ear cups up or down on the side of the headband (picture B).
- The ear cushions should seal firmly against the head (picture
C). For best results, remove all hair under the cushion. Noise reduction will be adversely effected by anything that impairs the seal of the earmuff cushions against the head, such as thick spectacle frames, balaclavas, etc.
- Turn on the volume control (2) and adjust to a pleasant listening level.
- After automatic power-off (4 hours), turn the volume control off, wait 5 seconds, turn it on again to get another 4 hours of working time.
- Earmuffs shall be used for protection from noise, intended use of earmuffs is solely for hearing protection and shall not be used for any other purpose.
All Honeywell polyurethane and thermoplastic hearing protection products will remain in good condition with regard to shelf life while the product is stored in a warehouse under controlled conditions. There is no breakdown with ultraviolet exposure.
For Earmuffs: Humidity less than 80%, Temperature 0°C to 55°C.
- EU Declaration of conformity can be downloaded from https://doc.honeywellsafety.com
IMPORTANT USER INSTRUCTIONS
- The earmuffs should be fitted, adjusted and maintained in accordance with the instructions.
- The earmuffs should be worn at all times in noisy surroundings.
- The earmuffs should be regularly inspected for serviceability.
- The earmuffs should be cleaned and disinfected with mild soap and warm water. They must not be dipped into water.
- Earmuffs and in particular cushions may deteriorate with use and should be examined at frequent intervals for signs of wear, for example, cracking or sound leakage. Replacement cushions are available. For cushion replacement, just pull off the old ones and snap-in the new ones. To order new ear cushions please see information about the hygiene kit.
- The fitting of hygiene covers to the cushions may affect the acoustic performance of the earmuffs.
- Before and after usage, store in a dry place.
- The product may be adversely affected by certain chemical substances. Further information should be sought from the manufacturer.
- The earmuff is provided with electronic restoration of surrounding sound. The wearer should check for correct operation before use.
If distortion or failure is detected, the wearer should refer to the manufacturer’s advice for maintenance and replacement of the batteries.
- Warning – performance may deteriorate with battery usage. The typical period of continuous use that can be expected is 350 hours.
- The output signal of the sound restoration circuit of this hearing protector does not exceed the values known to constitute a risk to hearing.
- Warning—for lower external levels, the sound level under the earmuff can exceed the external level (amplification). See “Sound restoration characteristics” graph next page.
- For the estimation of the effective attenuation of this earmuff, the additional noise emission by the sound amplification should be taken into account. The estimated A-weighed noise level under the earmuff in passive mode should not be greater than 82 dB(A).
- The microphone’s wind protector, which eliminates wind noise etc., should be kept clean and changed when necessary.
- This earmuff is provided with an electrical audio input jack. The wearer should check for correct operation before use. If distortion or failure is detected, the wearer should refer to the manufacturer’s advice.
- If the above mentioned recommendations are not followed, the protection and function afforded by the earmuffs may be severely impaired.
AUDIO INPUT LEVELS
The audio level in the earphones is dependent on the audio input level. To prevent harmful noise levels in the earphones never exceed the values and usage described in figure A:1. Mean/average level of electrical input. Maximum permitted audio input level for 8 hours of usage time, compressed speech and music U=138 mV. See page 55.
Open the battery lid (1) by pushing the lid up with your thumbs. Let is slide off of the ear cup. Remove the old batteries. Insert new LR03 type1.5 V AAA-alkaline batteries into the battery compartment (1) in accordance with the instructions inside the compartment. Ensure that the battery lid is closed completely. It is time to change the batteries when the sound reproduction is weakened or impaired. New alkaline batteries provide approximately 350 hours of operation.
TECHNICAL DATA FOR IMPACT SPORT™ – ART. NO. 1034400, 1034490, 1013530
- Headband earmuff
- Material of headband: Steel, vinyl, POM
- Material of cups: ABS
- Material of ear cushion: PVC and polyurethane
- Foam filled replaceable ear cushions
- Weight (incl. batt.): 286 g
- Headband size: Medium/large
- Headband force: Medium 12.6 N/Large 11.7 N
- External input impedance: 1.0kΩ
- Auto shut-off function 4 h
- Battery type 2 x LR03 1.5V AAA
- Battery lifetime 350h (alkaline)
- Hygiene kit art. no. 1015280 (Dust cover and foam filled replaceable
ear cushion x2.)
- Cool Pads – 1000364, 1000365
The output of the electrical audio circuit of this hearing protector may exceed the daily limit sound level.
There is a one year guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. The guarantee does not cover damage caused by misuse, abuse or unauthorised modifications. TO OBTAIN GUARANTEE, the guarantee certificate must be properly filled in by the dealer and then sent in together with the faulty product.
SOUND RESTORATION CHARACTERISTICS EN 352-4:2001/A1:2005
(volume control in maximum position)
H = 108 dBA, M = 102 dBA, L = 98 dBA
H-noise (high frequency noise)
M-noise (medium frequency noise)
L-noise (Low frequency noise)
Criterion level: Sound pressure level of external noise for which the sound pressure level under the earmuff first exceeds 85dB(A).
Tested and approved in accordance with the PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425, and applicable parts of European Standard EN 352-1:2002, EN 352-4:2001/A1:2005 and EN 352-6:2002.
|Attenuation Data according to EN 352-1:2002 (in passive mode, electronics switched off)|
|❶ Frequency, Hz||63||125||250||500||1000||2000||4000||8000|
|❷ Mean Attenuation, dB||15.1||15.7||19.1||22.9||27.0||24.4||38.4||40.9|
|❸ Standard Deviation, dB||4.5||3.0||3.1||2.9||2.3||3.3||3.0||3.4|
|❹ Assumed Protection, dB||10.6||12.7||16.0||20.0||24.7||21.1||35.4||37.5|
|H=24 dB||M=22 dB||L=18 dB||SNR=25 dB|
|The level dependent function was tested according to EN 352-4:2001/A1:2005.Table below tabulates the test results Mean + std in units of dBA.|
|❻ Level outside the cup||65||70||75||80||85||90||95||100||105||110||115||120|
- Products comply with the requirements of the Regulation (EU) 2016/425 for Personal Protective Equipment
- EU type examination module B performed by Satra Technology Europe Ltd, Bracetown Business Park, Clonee, Dublin 15 Ireland (Notified Body no 2777)
- EU quality assessment, module D performed by AFNOR certification, 11 rue Francis de Pressensé – 93571 La Plaine Saint-Denis Cedex – France (Notified Body no 0333)
- Product comply with 2014/30/EU (EMC Directive) & RoHS: 2011/65/EU + EU/2015/866 vide standard EN 55024:2010, EN 61000-4-3:2006 and EN 55032:2015.
APPROVAL – SLC80
Tested and approved in accordance with AS/NZS 1270:2002.
|Tested according to AS/NZS 1270:2002 (in passive mode, electronics switched off)|
|Mean Attenuation, dB||15.3||20.3||22.1||25.0||26.7||35.3||36.4|| 24 dB|
|Standard Deviation, dB||4.4||4.4||3.1||2.4||3.4||2.8||2.6|
|Mean (-) Std Dev., dB||10.9||15.9||19.0||22.6||23.3||32.5||33.8|
Clamping force: Medium =10.6 N, Large = 11.7 N
- Sound pressure as the function of Electrical input level
- Sound Pressure Mean + std (dBA)
- Voltage U (mV)
- Electrical input level for which the mean plus one standard deviation A-weighted diffuse-field related sound pressure level is equal to 82 dB is at rms voltage U = 138 mV.
SIGNIFICANCE OF MARKING
|‘CE marking’ shall mean a marking by which the manufacturer indicates that the product is in conformity with the applicable requirements set out in Community harmonisation legislation providing for its affixing; 0333 indicates notified body number for Module D of Regulation (EU)2016/425; EN 352 – indicate family of standards used for conformity assessment.|
|– Certification mark for products sold in Australia/New Zealand regional market.|
|Single Number Rating attenuation estimate for product tested in accordance with EN 352-1/2/3.|
|High, Medium, and Low-frequency attenuation estimates for product tested in accordance with EN 352-1/2/3.|
|Sound Level Conversion-80% attenuation estimate for product tested in accordance with AS/NZS 1270:2002.|
|Keep away from rain, package must be stored at relative humidity below indicated level|
|Symbol ISO 7000 No. 0632. Package must be stored within indicated temperature range|
|– Packaging not intended for contact with food|
|Recycling code., Number identifies the type of material|
|The use of the WEEE Symbol indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help protect the environment. For more detailed information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local authority, your household/industrial waste disposal service provider or the shop where you purchased the product.|
Honeywell Safety Products USA, Inc.
7828 Waterville Road, San Diego, CA92154
T +1800 430 5490; F +1401 232 3110
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell 1013530 Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff [pdf] Instruction Manual|
1013530, Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff