- Innovative, artistic design enhances the environment at home or at work.
- Special effect lighting illuminates fountain for a more dramatic effect.
- The soothing sound of cascading waters creates a stress-free ambiance.
- Improves concentration by masking distractions so you can stay focused.
- Durable electrical water pump can be operated from any indoor electrical outlet.
- Convenient tabletop size-fountain measures 11″L x 6″W x 9.75″H.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Do not connect to any voltage other than that shown on the pump.
- Do not pump flammable liquids.
- Do not use water above 86° Fahrenheit.
CAUTION: The pump must be completely submerged in water. If the pump is making noises, most likely it is not completely submerged in water.
CAUTION: Only set the fountain and fountain parts on waterproof surfaces.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with the unit.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord, plug, pump, cable, or housing. If it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, return it to Homedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not carry this appliance by power cord or use cord as a handle.
- To disconnect, remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for indoor use only. Do not use outdoors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution – Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- This unit should not be used by children without adult supervision.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
- Unplug the unit from power source before cleaning, maintenance or disassembling.
- To get the best flowing effect, product must be placed on a flat surface and should never be placed on an electrical appliance.
- Never let pump run dry, as this will shorten the life of the pump.
- Do not lift, carry, hang, or pull the pump by the power cord.
- Operate with tap water or distilled water only.
- The electrical cord of this product cannot be replaced. If it sustains damage, you must stop using this product immediately and return it to the HoMedics Service Center for repair. (See the warranty section for HoMedics address.)
- Disconnect the appliance from electrical outlet before putting hands into water.
A: Fountain top with 1 Glass Globe and 2 Candle Holders
B: Fountain Base
C: 2 Tea Light
D: River Rocks
- Unpack the product from package carefully. Keep packaging material for safe storage.
- Familiarize yourself with the pump. The pump speed is controlled by the switch located at the front of the pump. The speed is indicated by a plus(+) and minus (-) sign. To increase the speed, move the switch slowly in the direction of the plus sign. You will hear a click as the switch moves to each speed level. At its highest speed level, the switch will cease to move any further. To decrease the pump speed, move the switch toward the minus sign. Similarly, at its lowest speed, the switch will cease to move any further.
Note: It is recommended the pump be set at its highest speed during assembly and later adjusted to a lower setting if desired. Be sure to unplug the pump before adjusting the speed setting.
- Insert the tube (located on the bottom of fountain top) into the pump.
- Fill base with tap water to 1” from top. We recommend using distilled water to prevent mineral build-up.
- Set the fountain top onto the base by notch so it sits level.
- Put 2 Tea-lights into the glass candle holders one by one, then light them up.
- Attach the A/C adaptor jack to the base power cord. DO NOT plug into outlet at this time.
- Set the fountain on a level, waterproof surface.
- Plug the cord into 120V household outlet. The fountain is controlled by the switch located on the power cord. If pump doesn’t operate, rotate in-line switch once to turn “on” and once more to turn “off”. Monthly maintenance will add to your pump’s life.
Note: Ensure that the electrical cord loops below the electrical outlet to form a ‘Drip Loop’. This will prevent water from running down the cord into the electrical outlet.
- Arrange the river rocks provided around the base of 2 candle holders. (If splashing occurs, rearrange rocks until there is no more splashing).
- To clean the pump:
Unplug from electrical outlet. Remove it from the base of the fountain. Use a small brush or stream of water to remove any debris (Fig 4).
- To keep water clean:
Periodically change water and clean the product according to the water condition. Keeping the water clean prevents the water from becoming sticky and forming micro-organisms. We recommend distilled water to prevent mineral build-up.
- To clean off hard water deposits on the base:
Soak the container in a mixture of vinegar and water to clean and remove any mineral build-up.
- Keeping the water at an optimum level:
Add water periodically to keep water level at an optimum level to avoid shortening the life of the pump.
NOTE: Never let the pump run dry, as this will shorten the life of the pump.
- Fountain storage
Unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet, empty the water, and store rocks and fountain in a dry, cool place.
- If the pump fails to operate, check the following:
Check the circuit breaker, or try a different outlet to make sure the pump is getting electrical power.
NOTE: Always disconnect from electrical outlet before handling the pump.
- If the pump gurgles, spews, or “burps”:
Check the water level to make sure the pump has enough water to function.
- Obtaining a desired water level:
Check the water level daily the first week to measure the rate of evaporation; refill with water as needed.
- If water is splashing outside the fountain:
Rearrange the rocks by moving them to the area in the base where they can be hit directly by falling water.
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Service Center
Dept. 168, Suite 3
43155 West Nine Mile Road
Novi, MI 48375
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
HoMedics Service Center
8:30 – 7:00 p.m. (EST )
M – F
HoMedics Service Center
Dept. 168, Suite 3
43155 West Nine Mile
Novi, MI 48375
©2010 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved.
HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies.
Envirascape™ is a trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies.
All rights reserved.
Homedics WFL-SERE EnviraScape Serenity Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics WFL-SERE EnviraScape Serenity Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download