The soothing sounds of nature
Thank you for purchasing EnviraScape, HoMedics’ tabletop relaxation fountain. This, like the entire HoMedics product line, is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you years of dependable service. We hope that you will find it to be the finest product of its kind.
EnviraScape enables you to create an all-encompassing environment with sound. The sound of flowing water enhances your environment by releasing negative ions, and promoting relaxation. Only EnviraScape offers you the luxury of these vital benefits with its creative design which adds beauty to any indoor environment.
- Innovative, artistic design enhances the environment at home or at work.
- Special effect lighting illuminates fountain for a more dramatic effect.
- The soothing sound of cascading waters create a stress-free ambiance.
- Improves concentration by masking distractions so you can stay focused.
- Durable electrical water pump can be operated from any indoor electrical outlet.
- Convenient tabletop size-fountain measures 6.8” L x 6.8” W x 8.3” H
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Do not connect to any voltage other than that shown on the pump.
- Do not pump flammable liquids.
- Do not use water above 86° Fahrenheit.
CAUTION: The pump must be completely submerged in water. If the pump is making noises, most likely it is not completely submerged in water.
CAUTION: Only set the fountain and fountain parts on waterproof surfaces
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with the unit.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord, plug, pump, cable or housing. If it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, return it to Homedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not carry this appliance by the power cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, remove plug from the outlet.
- This appliance is designed for indoor use only.
Do not use the outdoors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution – Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- This unit should not be used by children without adult supervision.
- Connect the pump with the proper voltage as indicated on the pump label.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
- Unplug the pump from power source before cleaning, maintenance or disassembling.
- To get the best flowing effect, product must be placed on a flat surface and should never be placed on an electrical appliance.
- Never let pump run dry, as this will shorten life of the pump.
- Do not lift, carry, hang, or pull the pump by the power cord.
- Operate with tap or distilled water only.
- Operate pump completely submerged for proper cooling.
- The electrical cord of this product cannot be replaced. If it sustains damage, you must stop using this product immediately and return it to the HoMedics Service Center for repair. (See the warranty section for HoMedics address.)
- Disconnect the appliance from outlet before putting hands into water.
Assembly and Instructions for Use
Unpack the product. Be sure that all parts listed are included. Familiarize yourself with the WATER PUMP (D) before completing assembly of fountain. It is recommended the WATER PUMP be set at its highest speed during assembly and later adjusted to a lower setting if desired.Be sure to unplug the WATER PUMP before adjusting the speed setting.The WATER PUMP speed is controlled by the switch located at the front of the WATER PUMP (Figure 1). The speed is indicated by a plus (+) and minus (-) sign. To increase the speed, move the switch slowly in the direction of the plus sign. At its highest speed level, the switch will not move any further. To decrease the WATER PUMP speed, move the switch toward the minus sign. Similarly, at its lowest speed, the switch will not move any further. Once you are familiar with the WATER PUMP, begin assembly.
Attention: In order to get best results, please operate pump completely submerged. Keep the water level above the minimum water level ALL THE TIME.
- Insert the black connector at the bottom of the WATER TUBE (C) into the round opening of the WATER PUMP (D). (Figure 2)
- Insert waterproof LIGHT BULB (E) into hole in center of the ROCK top (B) (Figure 3).
Dampening and slightly twisting the LIGHT BULB may help it to more easily pass through the rubber hole. Be gentle with the bulb since it is made of glass.
Warning: Bulb gets very hot. Allow to cool completely before touching.
- Place ROCK top (B) on top of FOUNTAIN BASE (F), being sure that the notch is lined up correctly. (Figure 4)
- Insert the “trunk” end of the TREES (A) into the two small slots at the back of the ROCK top (B). (Figure 5)
- Gently lift ROCK top (B) off of FOUNTAIN BASE (F), being careful not to disconnect the WATER TUBE (C) from the WATER PUMP (D). Fill FOUNTAIN BASE with enough clean water to completely cover the WATER PUMP. Use the Fill Line as a guide. (Figure 6)
- Attach the ADAPTER (I) to the POWER CORD (G).
- Plug the cord into 120V household outlet. The fountain is controlled by an ON/OFF SWITCH (H) located on the POWER CORD (G). If WATER PUMP (D) does not operate, rotate the in-line switch once to turn “ON” and once to turn “OFF”.
NOTE: Ensure that the POWER CORD loops below the electrical outlet to form a “Drip Loop”. This will prevent water from running down the POWER CORD into the electrical outlet. (Figure 7)
CAUTION: All servicing of this fountain must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
- To clean the WATER PUMP (D): Unplug from electrical outlet. Remove it from the base of the fountain. Use a small brush or stream of water to remove any debris. (Figure 8)
- To keep water clean: Periodically change water and clean the product according to the water condition. Keeping the water clean prevents the water from becoming sticky and forming micro-organisms. We recommend distilled water to prevent mineral build-up.
- To clean off hard water deposits on the FOUNTAIN BASE (F) or ROCK top (B): Soak in a mixture of vinegar and water to clean and remove any mineral build-up.
- Keep the water at an optimum level: Add water periodically to keep water level at an optimum level and avoid shortening the life of the WATER PUMP (D).
NOTE: Never let the WATER PUMP run dry, as this will shorten its life.
- Fountain Storage: Unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet, empty the water, and store fountain in a dry, cool place.
- Changing the light bulb: First unplug fountain and let bulb cool down. Remove the bulb cover by holding glass bulb cover in dry hand and rubber neck with other hand. Slowly pull apart. Slight twisting may help to loosen. Be gentle with bulb cover since it is glass. Never pull on cord. Next pull bulb straight out and replace with new bulb, inserting prongs into the holes. Replace bulb cover securely.
- If the WATER PUMP (D) fails to operate, check the following: Check the circuit breaker, or try a different outlet to make sure the WATER PUMP is getting electrical power.
NOTE: Always disconnect from electrical outlet before handling the WATER PUMP.
- If the WATER PUMP gurgles, spews, or “burps”: Check the water level to make sure the WATER PUMP has enough water to function.
- Maintaining a desired water level: Check the water level daily the first week to measure the rate of evaporation. Refill with water as needed.
- If water is splashing outside the fountain: Adjust the flow control lever to a lower setting on the WATER PUMP. (Figure 1)
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH ESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS RE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state. Because of individual state regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
© 2008 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Envirascape™ is a trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. –
Homedics WFL-MDV EnviraScape Midnight Valley Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics WFL-MDV EnviraScape Midnight Valley Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download