ILLUMINATED TABLETOP RELAXATION FOUNTAIN
ENVIRASCAPE SPARKLING STEPS
Instruction Manual and Warranty Information
1 year limited warranty
The sounds of nature soothe human nature
Thank you for purchasing EnviraScape, HoMedics’ tabletop
relaxation fountain. This, like the entire HoMedics product line,
is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you years of
dependable service. We hope that you will find it to be the
finest product of its kind.
EnviraScape enables you to create an all-encompassing environment
with sound. The sound of flowing water enhances
your environment by releasing negative ions, and promoting
relaxation. Only EnviraScape offers you the luxury of these vital
benefits with its creative design which adds beauty to any
• Innovative, artistic design enhances the environment at
home or at work.
• Special effect lighting illuminates fountain in red, blue and
yellow for a more dramatic effect.
• The soothing sound of cascading waters create a stress
• Improves concentration by masking distractions so you can
• Durable electrical water pump can be operated from any
indoor electrical outlet.
• Convenient tabletop size-fountain measures
7.75″L x 7.75″W x 5.75″H.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should
always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
• Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet
immediately after using and before cleaning.
• Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water.
Unplug it immediately.
• Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into
a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
• Do not connect to any voltage other than that shown on the pump.
• Do not pump flammable liquids.
• Do not use water above 86o Fahrenheit.
CAUTION: The pump must be completely submerged
in water. If the pump is making noises, most
likely it is not completely submerged in water.
CAUTION: Only set the fountain and
fountain parts on waterproof surfaces
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or
injury to persons:
• An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking
off parts or attachments.
• Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or
near children, invalids or disabled persons.
• Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this
manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics;
specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
• Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord, plug, pump,
cable or housing. If it is not working properly, if it has been
dropped or damaged, return it to Homedics Service Center for
examination and repair.
• Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
• Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used
or where oxygen is being administered.
• Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
• To disconnect, remove plug from outlet.
• This appliance is designed for indoor use only.
Do not use outdoors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution – Please read all instructions
carefully before operating.
• Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children
• Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
• This unit should not be used by children without
• Connect the pump with the proper voltage as indicated
on the pump label.
• Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
• Unplug the pump from power source before cleaning,
maintenance or disassembling.
• To get the best flowing effect, product must be placed on a flat
surface and should never be placed on an electrical appliance.
• Never let pump run dry, as this will shorten life of the pump.
• Do not lift, carry, hang, or pull the pump by the power cord.
• Operate with freshwater only.
• Operate pump completely submerged for proper cooling.
• The electrical cord of this product cannot be replaced. If it sustains
damage, you must stop using this product immediately and return
it to the HoMedics Service Center for repair. (See the warranty
section for HoMedics address.)
• Disconnect the appliance from outlet before putting hands into water.
Assembly and Instructions for Use
1. Unpack the product. Wipe off dust with a damp cloth.
2. Familiarize yourself with the pump. The pump speed is controlled by
the switch located at the front of the pump. The speed is indicated by
a plus (+) and minus (-) sign. To increase the speed, move the switch
slowly downward in the direction of the plus sign. You will hear a click
as the switch moves to each speed level. At its highest speed level,
the switch will cease to move any further. To decrease the pump
speed, move the switch upward toward the minus sign. Similarly, at its
lowest speed, the switch will cease to move any further (Fig 1).
NOTE: It is recommended the pump be set at its highest speed during
assembly and later adjusted to a lower setting if desired. Be sure
to unplug the pump before adjusting the speed setting.
3. Lead the cord through the cord slot (Fig. 2) on the bottom of the
base. This will ensure that the unit is balanced when placed on a flat
surface. Attach the A/C adaptor jack to the base power cord. (Fig. 2)
DO NOT PLUG INTO ELECTRICAL OUTLET AT THIS TIME.
Attention: In order to get best results, please operate pump completely submerged.
Keep the water level above the minimum water level ALL THE TIME.
4. Fold stand to create the bracket (Fig. 3) and then insert bracket
into the grooves located inside the base. (Fig. 4)
5. Place the floor cover over the bracket so it rests on the tabs of the bracket. (Fig. 5)
6. Insert the large end of the connector tube into the round opening on the
fountain top. (Fig. 6)
7. Insert the small end of the connector tube into the round opening on the
pump. (Fig. 6)
8. Place fountain top on the bracket so it sits level.
Note: The support bars (Fig. 2) on the underside of the fountain top will
fit inside the bracket in order to make the unit secure & level.
9. Remove protectors from glass tiers located on the fountain top.
Note: You can adjust the glass by twisting each tier separately.
10. Fill the base with clean water until the water level is even with the
bottom of the floor cover.
11. Arrange glass stones on the floor cover for decoration
12. Plug the cord into 120V household outlet. The fountain is controlled by
the switch located on the power cord. If pump doesn’t operate, rotate
in-line switch once to turn “on” and once to turn “off”.
Note: Ensure that the electrical cord loops below the electrical outlet
form a “Drip Loop”. This will prevent water from running down the
cord into the electrical outlet (Fig 8).
• To clean the pump:
Unplug from electrical outlet. Remove it from the base of the
fountain. Use a small brush or stream of water to remove any
debris (Fig 7).
• To keep water clean:
Periodically change water and clean the product according to the water
condition. Keeping the water clean prevents the water from becoming
sticky and forming micro-organisms. We recommend distilled water to
prevent mineral build-up.
• To clean off hard water deposits on the base or stones:
Soak the container and rocks in a mixture of vinegar and water to clean
and remove any mineral build-up.
• Keeping the water at an optimum level:
Add water periodically to keep water level at an optimum level to avoid
shortening the life of the pump.
NOTE: Never let the pump run dry, as this will shorten the life of the pump.
• Fountain Storage
Unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet, empty the water, and store
rocks and fountain in a dry, cool place.
• If the pump fails to operate, check the following:
Check the circuit breaker, or try a different outlet to make sure the
pump is getting electrical power.
NOTE: Always disconnect from electrical outlet before handling the pump.
• If the pump gurgles, spews, or “burps”:
Check the water level to make sure the pump has enough water
•Obtaining a desired water level:
Check the water level daily the first week to mea sure the rate of
evaporation; refill with water as needed.
•If water is splashing outside the fountain:
Adjust the flow control valve to a lower setting on the pump.
Homedics WFG-STEPS EnviraScape Sparkling Steps Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics WFG-STEPS EnviraScape Sparkling Steps Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download