LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a Consumer Relations Representative by telephone at 1-800-466-3342 for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit:
2011 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved.
HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Envirascape™ is a trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies.
All rights reserved.
The soothing sounds of nature
Thank you for purchasing EnviraScape, HoMedics’ tabletop relaxation fountain. This, like the entire HoMedics product line, is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you years of dependable service. We hope that you will find it to be the finest product of its kind.
EnviraScape enables you to create an all-encompassing environment with sound. The sound of flowing water enhances your environment by releasing negative ions, and promoting relaxation. Only EnviraScape offers you the luxury of these vital benefits with its creative design which adds beauty to any indoor environment.
• Innovative, artistic design enhances the environment at home or at work.
• The soothing sound of cascading waters creates a stress
• Improves concentration by masking distractions so you can stay focused.
• Durable electrical water pump can be operated from any indoor electrical outlet.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
• Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet
immediately after using and before cleaning.
• Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
• Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
• Do not connect to any voltage other than that shown on the pump.
• Do not pump flammable liquids.
• Do not use water above 90o Fahrenheit.
CAUTION: The pump must be completely submerged in water. If the pump is making noises, most likely it is not completely submerged in water.
CAUTION: Only set the fountain and fountain parts on waterproof surfaces
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
• An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
• Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
• Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
• Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord, plug, pump, cable or housing. If it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, return it to Homedics Service Center for examination and repair.
• Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
• Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
• Do not carry this appliance by power cord or use cord as handle.
• To disconnect, remove plug from outlet.
• This appliance is designed for indoor use only.
Do not use outdoors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution – Please read all instructions
carefully before operating.
• Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children
• Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
• This unit should not be used by children without
• Connect the pump with the proper voltage as indicated
on the pump label.
• Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
• Unplug the pump from power source before cleaning,
maintenance or disassembling.
• To get the best flowing effect, product must be placed on a flat surface and should never be placed on an electrical appliance.
• Never let pump run dry, as this will shorten life of the pump.
• Do not lift, carry, hang, or pull the pump by the power cord.
• Operate with tap or distilled water.
• Operate pump completely submerged for proper cooling.
• The electrical cord of this product cannot be replaced. If it sustains damage, you must stop using this product immediately and return it to the HoMedics Service Center for repair. (See the warranty section for HoMedics address.)
• Disconnect the appliance from outlet before putting hands into water.
Assembly and Instructions for Use
1. Unpack the product.
2. Familiarize yourself with the pump. The switch located at the front of the pump controls the pump speed. The speed is indicated by a plus (+) and minus (-) sign. To increase the speed, move the switch slowly downward in the direction of the plus sign. You will hear a click as the switch moves to each speed level. At its highest speed level, the switch will cease to move any further. To decrease the pump speed, move the switch upward toward the minus sign. Similarly, at its lowest speed, the switch will cease to move any further (Fig 1).
NOTE: It is recommended the pump be set at its highest speed during assembly and later adjusted to a lower setting if desired. Be sure to unplug the pump before adjusting the speed setting.
3. Insert the tube into the pump. (Fig. 2)
4. Fill base with clean water. (Fig. 3)
5. Attach the A/C adaptor jack to the base power cord. DO NOT plug into outlet at this time. (Fig. 3)
6. Set the fountain on a level, waterproof surface.
7. Plug the cord into 120V household outlet. The switch located on the power cord controls the fountain. If pump doesn’t operate, rotate in-line switch once to turn “on” and once more to turn “off”. Monthly maintenance will add to your pump’s life.
NOTE: Ensure that the electrical cord loops below the electrical outlet to form a ‘Drip Loop’ (Fig. 4). This will prevent water from running down the cord into the electrical outlet.
Attention: In order to get best results, please operate pump completely submerged. Keep the water
level above the minimum water level ALL THE TIME.
• To clean the pump:
Unplug from electrical outlet. Remove it from the base of the fountain. Use a small brush or stream of water to remove any debris (Fig 5).
• To keep water clean:
Periodically change water and clean the product according to the water condition. Keeping the water clean prevents the water from becoming sticky and forming micro-organisms. We recommend distilled water to prevent mineral build-up.
• To clean off hard water deposits on the base:
Soak the container in a mixture of vinegar and water to clean and remove any mineral build-up.
• Keeping the water at an optimum level:
Add water periodically to keep water level at an optimum level to avoid shortening the life of the pump.
NOTE: Never let the pump run dry, as this will shorten the life of the pump.
• Fountain storage
Unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet, empty the water, and store fountain in a dry, cool place.
• If the pump fails to operate, check the following:
Check the circuit breaker, or try a different outlet to make sure the pump is getting electrical power.
NOTE: Always disconnect from electrical outlet before handling the pump.
• If the pump gurgles, spews, or “burps”:
Check the water level to make sure the pump has enough water to function.
•Obtaining a desired water level:
Check the water level daily the first week to measure the rate of evaporation; refill with water as needed.
Homedics WF-VIVI EnviraScape Serenity Vivenne Ceramic Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics WF-VIVI EnviraScape Serenity Vivenne Ceramic Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download