LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in
manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original
purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be
free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This
warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your
dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168, Suite 3
43155 West Nine Mile Road
Novi, MI 48375
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers,
the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote
purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the
attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper
installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/
power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an
operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance;
transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss
of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting
parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the
country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications
or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which
it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products
damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE
WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR
FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH
RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL
HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL
DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND
TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE
MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO
MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired,
repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such
products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or
bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and
terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered,
or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional
rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country
regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA,
please visit: www.homedics.com
2010 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of
HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Envirascape™ is a trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies.
All rights reserved.
The sounds of nature
Thank you for purchasing EnviraScape, HoMedics’ tabletop
relaxation fountain. This, like the entire HoMedics product line,
is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you with
years of dependable service. We hope that you will find it to
be the finest product of its kind.
EnviraScape enables you to create an all-encompassing
environment with sound. The sound of flowing water enhances
your environment by releasing negative ions, and promoting
relaxation. Only EnviraScape offers you the luxury of these
vital benefits with its creative design which adds beauty to any
Innovative, Artistic Design
Enhances the environment at home or at work.
Durable Electrical Water Pump
Can be operated from any indoor electrical outlet.
Easy to Assemble
Assembles in minutes with simple, illustrated instructions.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should
always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
• Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet
immediately after using and before cleaning.
• Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water.
Unplug it immediately.
• Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled
into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other
• Do not connect to any voltage other than that shown
on the pump.
• Do not pump flammable liquids.
• Do not use water above 90oF.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock
or injury to persons:
• An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged
in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting
on or taking off parts or attachments.
• Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used
by or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
• Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in
this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by
HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the
• Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord, plug,
pump, cable or housing. If it is not working properly, if it has been
dropped or damaged, return it to Homedics Service Center for
examination and repair.
• Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
• Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or
where oxygen is being administered.
• Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
• To disconnect, remove plug from outlet.
• This appliance is designed for indoor use only.
Do not use outdoors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
Read and follow all instructions that are on the product or
provided with the product.
• Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are
• Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
• This unit should not be used by children without adult
• Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
• Unplug the unit from power source before cleaning,
maintenance or disassembling.
• To get the best flowing effect, product must be placed on a flat
surface and should never be placed on an electrical appliance.
• Never let pump run dry, as this will shorten the life of the pump.
• Do not lift, carry, hang, or pull the pump by the power cord.
• Operate with tap water or distilled water only.
• Operate pump completely submerged for proper cooling.
• The electrical cord of this product cannot be replaced. If it
sustains damage, you must stop using this product immediately
and return it to the HoMedics Service Center for repair. (See the
warranty section for HoMedics address.)
• Disconnect the appliance from electrical outlet before putting
hands into water
CAUTION: The pump must be completely
submerged in water. If the pump is making noises, most likely it is not completely submerged in water.
CAUTION: Only set the fountain and fountain parts on waterproof surfaces
1. Unpack the product from package carefully. Keep packaging material for
safe storage (Fig. 1).
2. Familiarize yourself with the pump (Fig. 2). The pump speed is controlled
by the switch located at the front of the pump. The speed is indicated by a
plus(+) and minus(-) sign. To increase the speed, move the switch slowly
in the direction of the plus sign. You will hear a click as the switch moves
to each speed level. At its highest speed level, the switch will cease to
move any further. To decrease the pump speed, move the switch toward
the minus sign. Similarly, at its lowest speed, the switch will cease to
move any further.
Note: It is recommended the pump be set at its highest speed during
assembly and later adjusted to a lower setting if desired. Be sure to
unplug the pump before adjusting the speed setting.
3. Insert the tube (located on the bottom of fountain top) onto the pump.
4. Fill base with tap water to 1” from top. We recommend using distilled
water to prevent mineral build up.
5. Set the fountain top onto the base by notch so it sits level.
6. Attach the A/C adaptor jack to the base power cord. DO NOT plug into
outlet at this time.
7. Set the fountain on a level, waterproof surface.
8. Plug the cord into 120V household
outlet. The fountain is controlled by
the switch located on the power
cord. If pump doesn’t operate, rotate
in-line switch once to turn “on” and
once more to turn “off”. Monthly
maintenance will add to your pump’s
Note: Ensure that the electrical
cord loops below the electrical
outlet to form a ‘Drip Loop’. This will
prevent water from running down the
cord into the electrical outlet.
9. Arrange the river rocks provided
on each fountain top “Bowl” and
platform. (If splashing occurs,
rearrange rocks until there is no more
1. To keep water clean:
Periodically change water and clean the product according to the water
condition. Keeping the water clean prevents the water from becoming
sticky and forming micro-organisms. We recommend distilled water to
prevent mineral build-up.
2. To clean off hard water deposits on the base:
Use a mixture of vinegar and water to clean and remove any mineral
build-up on the base and pump.
3. Keeping the water at an optimum level:
Add water periodically to keep water level at an optimum level and to
avoid shortening the life of the pump. Note: Never let the pump run dry.
4. Fountain storage:
Unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet, empty the water, and
store in a dry, cool place.
Caution: All servicing of this fountain must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
1. If the pump fails to operate, check the following:
Check the circuit breaker, or try a different outlet to
make sure the pump is getting electrical power.
Note: Always disconnect from electrical
outlet before handling the pump.
2. If the pump gurgles, spews, or “burps”:
Check the water level to make sure the pump has
enough water to function.
3. Obtaining a desired water level:
Check the water level daily the first week to
measure the rate of evaporation; refill with water
4. If water is splashing outside the fountain:
Adjust the flow control valve to a lower setting on
READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR
Homedics WF-SBWL EnviraScape Serenity Bowls Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics WF-SBWL EnviraScape Serenity Bowls Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download