LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
The sounds of mother nature soothe human nature
Thank you for purchasing the HoMedics’ EnviraScape Oasis Tabletop Relaxation Fountain. Like the entire line of HoMedics products, it is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you with years of dependable service. We hope you find it to be the finest product of its kind.
EnviraScape enables you to create an all-encompassing environment with sound. The sound of flowing water enhances your environment by releasing negative ions, and promoting relaxation. Only EnviraScape offers you the luxury of these vital benefits. Through its creative design, beauty is added to any indoor environment.
Innovative, Artistic Design Enhances the environment at home or at work.Variable Water Flow SpeedsControls the speed that meets your mood.Durable Electrical Water Pump Can be operated from any indoor 120 volt A/C electrical outlet.Easy to AssembleAssembles in minutes with simple, illustrated instructions.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should
always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, connect only to a 120 volt A/C household outlet. Do not connect to any voltage other than that shown on the pump.
- Do not pump flammable liquids through the water pump.
- Do not use water above 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or
injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug unit from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics, specifically any attachment not provided with the unit.
- Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or if the cord has been dropped into water. Return it to the HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening unless otherwise directed in this instruction manual.
- Do not operate where aerosol spray products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not carry this appliance by the electrical cord or use the cord
as a handle.
- To disconnect, remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for indoor use only. Do not use outdoors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution – Please read all instructions
carefully before operating.
- Never leave appliance unattended while operating the unit, especially if children are present.
- Never cover unit when it is in operation.
- Connect the pump only to 120 volt A/C household outlet as indicated on the pump label.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperatures.
- Unplug the water pump from the power source before cleaning, performing maintenance, or disassembling.
- To get the most efficient flowing effect, product must be placed on a level and sturdy surface before using, and should not be placed on any type of electrical appliance.
- Never let the water pump run without water. This will shorten the life of the pump.
- Operate with freshwater (tap water) only. The pump is not equipped to run with saltwater (sea water).
- Operate pump completely submerged for proper cooling.
- The electrical cord of this product cannot be replaced. If it sustains damage, you must stop using the appliance immediately and return it to the HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair. (See the warranty section for HoMedics address).
- Disconnect the appliance from the electrical outlet before putting hands into water.
Assembly and Instructions for Use
- Remove all contents from packaging and inspect to make sure
all components have been received (Fig. 1):
• Base with attached electrical cord and water pump
• Fountain top
• Polished river rocks
• A/C Adaptor
- Wipe any dust off the interior and exterior of the base and top and rinse river rocks under water.
- Familiarize yourself with the pump. The pump speed is controlled by the switch located at the front of the pump. The speed is indicated by a plus (+) and minus (-) sign. To increase the speed, move the switch slowly to the left in the direction of the plus sign. You will hear a click as the switch moves to each speed level. At its highest speed level, the switch will cease to move any further. To decrease the pump speed, move the switch to the right toward the minus sign. Similarly, at its lowest speed, the switch will cease to move any further (Fig. 2).5NOTE: It is recommended the pump be set at its highest speed during assembly and later adjusted to a lower setting if desired. Be sure to unplug the pump before adjusting the speed setting
- Place the fountain base on a sturdy, level surface in the desired location, ensuring its electrical cord will sufficiently reach an electrical outlet. Once assembled, the fountain may be difficult to move due to splashing. Once in the desired location, lead the power cord attached to the base through the notch at the bottom of the base to ensure the base sits level without wobbling. Attach the A/C adaptor jack to the base power cord. Do NOT plug in at this time (Fig. 3).
- Add clean water to the base until the water level is 1/2” to 3/4” below the rim.
- Connect the PVC tube to the pump, adjust the pump speed and place the fountain top on the base (Fig. 4).
- Place the fountain top on to the base and then arrange the polished river rocks around the fountain top. (Be sure not to place any rocks inside the base of the fountain).
- Plug the A/C adaptor into a 120V household outlet. The fountain is controlled by the switch located on the power cord. If pump doesn’t operate, rotate in-line switch once to turn “on” and once more to turn “off”.
NOTE: If you can hear the pump gurgling or making sounds, you have not added enough water to cover (submerge) the pump.
- It will be necessary to add water occasionally due to evaporation.
NOTE: Always add water when fountain is “OFF” to avoid overflow.
- To clean the pump:
Unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet. Remove the pump from the base of the fountain. Use a small brush or stream of water to remove any debris.
- To keep water clean:
Periodically change the water and clean the product according to the water condition. Keeping the water clean prevents the water from becoming sticky and forming micro-organisms. An algaecide or humidifier/vaporizer treatment can be added to help keep it clean.
- To clean hard water deposits from the base or rocks:
Soak the base and rocks in a mixture of vinegar and water to clean and remove any mineral build-up.
- Keeping the water at an optimum level:
Add water periodically to keep water level at an optimum level to avoid shortening the life of the water pump. Fountain should be “OFF” when refilling to avoid overflow.
NOTE: Never let the water pump run without water. This will also shorten the life of the water pump.
- Fountain Storage:
When not in use for long periods of time, unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet, empty the water and store in a cool, dry place.Troubleshooting:
- If the pump fails to operate, check
Check the household circuit breaker or plug unit into a different outlet to make sure the water pump is getting electrical power.
NOTE: Always disconnect the unit from the electrical outlet before handling the water pump.
the water pump discharge and tubing for kinks and obstructions. Algae build-up can be flushed out in any faucet.
the water pump inlet to access the impeller area. Turn the impeller to ensure it is not broken or jammed.
Monthly maintenance will add to the life of your water pump.
NOTE: Make sure that the electrical cord loops below the electrical outlet to form a “drip loop”. This will prevent water from running down the cord into the electrical outlet (Fig.5).
- If the pump is loud, gurgles, spews,
the water level to make sure the water pump has enough water to function.
NOTE: The pump must be completely submerged in water.
- Obtaining a desired water level:
Check the water level daily in the first week to measure the
rate of evaporation. Refill with water as needed.
- If water is flowing unevenly:
Check to see if the fountain is on a level surface. Then, run fingers across fountain surface to help spread the water distribution.
The pump must be completely submerged in water. If the pump is making noises, most likely it is not completely submerged in water.
Only set the fountain and fountain parts on waterproof surfaces.
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168 3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Homedics WF-MN-OASIS EnviraScape Mini Oasis Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics WF-MN-OASIS EnviraScape Mini Oasis Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download