HoMEDiCS UHE-WMTF185 TotalComfort Ultrasonic Humidifier
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always place humidifier on a firm, flat surface. A waterproof mat or pad is recommended for use under the humidifier. Never place it on a rug or carpet, or on a finished floor that may be damaged by exposure to water or moisture.
- Always unplug the unit from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for a unit that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT place or store the unit where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place or drop into water or other liquids.
- DO NOT use water above 86°F.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- Use this unit only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with this unit.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- NEVER operate the appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Always unplug the unit when filling or moving the unit.
- Ensure that your hands are dry when operating the controls or removing the plug.
- Always hold the water tank firmly with both hands when carrying a full tank of water.
- NEVER use the humidifier in an environment where explosive gases are present.
- DO NOT place the humidifier near heat sources, such as a stove, and do not expose the humidifier to direct sunlight.
- DO NOT carry this unit by the power cord or use the power cord as a handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the off position, then remove the plug from the outlet.
CAUTION: All servicing of this humidifier must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING.
- This product is intended for household use only.
- NEVER cover the unit while it is operating.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperatures and fire.
- Perform regular maintenance on the ultrasonic membrane.
- NEVER use detergent to clean the ultrasonic membrane.
- NEVER clean the ultrasonic membrane by scraping with a hard object.
- DO NOT attempt to adjust or repair the unit. Servicing must be performed by qualified personnel.
- Stop using this unit if there is an unusual noise or smell.
- Unplug this unit when not in use for a long period of time.
- DO NOT touch the water or any parts of the unit that are covered by water while the unit is on or plugged in.
- NEVER operate without water in the tank.
- Only use water in the tank.
- NEVER use any additive in the water.
- DO NOT wash, adjust, or move this unit without first unplugging it from the electrical outlet.
- Keep this unit out of reach of children. Do not allow children to use this unit without supervision.
- DO NOT use outdoors. For indoor use only.
UNIQUE FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
This humidifier uses ultrasonic, high-frequency technology to convert water into a fine mist that is dispersed evenly into the air.
Displays programmed humidity setting, auto-off timer setting, warm mist selection, mist output level, out of water, and clean notification.
PROGRAMMABLE DIGITAL HUMIDISTAT
Customize the level of humidity between 35% and 55% in 5% increments.
Programmable timer, up to 8 hours.
A convenient light feature is included with the option of independent night-light and display light controls.
When the tank is empty, the unit will shut off automatically.
1.38 gallon – 5.2 liters
TOP-FILL WATER TANK
Top-fill water tank is easy to fill and clean.
360° ROTATING MIST NOZZLE
Rotate the mist nozzle to adjust the mist output direction.
RUNTIME: Up to 85 hours
Runtime is calculated based on using cool water and setting the mist level on low. Based on the natural humidity level in your home, the temperature of water you use, and the mist level setting you choose, you may experience longer or shorter runtimes.
ESSENTIAL OIL TRAY
Includes 3 essential oil pads. Use with your favorite essential oil to deliver aroma into the air.
CLEAN TRANSDUCER/ULTRASONIC MEMBRANE INDICATOR
The clean transducer/ultrasonic membrane indicator will illuminate, indicating it is time to clean the transducer/ultrasonic membrane.
TOTALCOMFORT® DELUXE WARM & COOL MIST ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIER
HOW TO FILL
CAUTION: Before filling the tank with water, turn the power off and unplug the unit from the outlet. NOTE: Always use 2 hands to carry the water tank.
TO FILL WITH A PITCHER
TO FILL AT THE FAUCET
*CAUTION: Never add essential oils or other additives to the water tank or water reservoir. Even a few drops will damage the unit.
HOW TO USE
POWER ON/OFF BUTTON AND OUT OF WATER INDICATOR
Plug unit into a 120-volt AC electrical outlet. Press the power button to turn unit on. When the humidifier is out of water, the humidifer will turn off and the out of water indicator will illuminate on the display.
MIST OUTPUT LEVEL
Mist adjusts from the lowest output to the highest output . To increase the mist output, press
the mist output button. The corresponding mist level will be lit on the display. Each press will increase by one. Once you reach level 5, it will repeat at level 1.
WARM MIST SETTING
To change the mist temperature from cool to warm mist, press the warm mist button. will be illuminated on the display. To change the mist temperature from warm to cool mist, press the warm mist
button again to turn warm mist off.
NOTE: Once warm mist is selected, it will take approximately 20 minutes to heat up the mist. The Warm Mist function kills up to 99.99% of Escherichia Coli and Staphylococcus Aureus. Units were allowed to run normally for 30 minutes prior to testing. Testing was conducted by an independent third-party laboratory.
PROGRAMMABLE DIGITAL HUMIDISTAT
The default humidistat setting is CO (continuous on). The programmable humidistat can be set in 5% increments, from 35% to 55% humidity.
To program the humidity level, press the programmable humidistat button. The humidity level will increase by 5% each time the button is pressed and will be displayed on screen. Press the humidistat button repeatedly until the desired setting is reached. The display will show the set humidity level.
- To eliminate any programmed humidistat setting, continue to press the programmable humidistat button until you reach CO (continuous on), one level above 55%.
- When the set humidity level is reached, the humidifier will cycle off until the humidity in the room drops 7% below the set humidity level. The unit will cycle on until the set humidity level is reached again.
Press the night-light/display light button once to turn on the night-light. The light at the bottom of the water tank will turn on, illuminating the tank. Press the night-light/display light button a second time to leave the night-light on, but turn off the display light. Press the night-light/display light button a third time to turn off the night-light and display light so no lights are illuminated. Press the night-light/display light button a fourth time to turn the display light back on.
PROGRAMMABLE AUTO-OFF TIMER
Press the programmable timer button until the desired timer setting is lit on the display. The programmable timer will cycle through the following settings:
0 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours. To cancel the timer at any time, press the programmable timer button until 0 hours is shown on the display.
NOTE: Always be sure the humidifier has a full tank of water prior to using the timer setting.
When the water in the tank is empty, the humidifier will turn off and the out of water indicator will illuminate red on the display indicating it is time to refill the water tank.
NOTE: It is normal to have a small amount of water in the water reservoir during and after use.
CLEAN TRANSDUCER/ULTRASONIC MEMBRANE
The clean transducer/ultrasonic membrane indicator will illuminate after 60 hours of use, indicating it is time to clean the transducer/ultrasonic membrane. See cleaning instructions in the Cleaning and Care section of this manual. After cleaning, press and hold the clean transducer reset button for 3 seconds to reset the indicator.
Use your favorite essential oil to deliver aroma into the air.
For use with the included HoMedics essential oil pads only.
Do not leave a filled essential oil pad in the oil tray of the humidifier if it will be out of use for a long period of time.
ARE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFE TO USE AROUND PETS?
We should always exercise caution when using essential oils around our pets. Keep all essential oil and aromatherapy products (like diffusers) out of reach of pets. Keep open bottles away from pets to avoid internal consumption. We do not recommend the topical use of essential oils on pets, as they have a strong sense of smell and cannot get rid of the oil if they don’t like it or it is disturbing them. When diffusing essential oils around pets, always diffuse in a well-ventilated area and leave an option for them to remove themselves from the space, such as leaving a door open. Every animal is different, so carefully observe how each animal responds when introducing an essential oil for the first time. If irritation occurs, discontinue the use of the essential oil. We recommend seeking medical attention if ingestion of essential oil occurs.
ADDING ESSENTIAL OILS
WARNING: PUTTING OIL ANYWHERE BUT THE OIL TRAY WILL DAMAGE THE HUMIDIFIER.
ABOUT WHITE DUST
Use of high mineral content hard water may cause a white mineral residue to accumulate on surfaces in the room near the humidifier. The mineral residue is commonly called “white dust.” The higher the mineral content (or, the harder your water is), the greater the potential for white dust. The white dust is not caused by a defect in the humidifier. It is caused only by minerals suspended in the water.
HOW AND WHY TO USE DEMINERALIZATION CARTRIDGES
The HoMedics Demineralization Cartridge will help reduce the potential for white dust. The cartridge should be replaced every 30–40 fillings. The cartridge may need to be replaced more often if you are using very hard water. Replace the cartridge when you notice an increase in white dust buildup. If white dust still forms around the humidifier after a new cartridge has been installed, consider using distilled water.
If you live in an area with hard water or use a water softener, we recommend using distilled water for better results from your humidifier. Never use water-softening additives in your humidifier.
- Remove demineralization cartridges from packaging and let them soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Fill the tank with water as shown in the How to Fill section of the instructions.
- Add the soaked demineralization cartridge into the tank.
To purchase genuine HoMedics Replacement Essential Oil Pads (model #UHE-PAD1) or HoMedics Essential Oils, contact your local retailer or visit www.homedics.com (US), www.homedics.ca (CAN). To purchase new Demineralization Cartridges, Model # UHE-HDC4, go to the retailer where you purchased your humidifier, or visit www.homedics.com (US), www.homedics.ca (CAN).
CLEANING AND CARE
CAUTION: Before cleaning the unit, turn power off and unplug unit from the outlet.
CLEANING THE TRANSDUCER/ULTRASONIC MEMBRANE
The transducer/ultrasonic membrane must be cleaned to remove water mineral deposits when the clean transducer/ultrasonic membrane indicator is illuminated on the display. Failure to do so may cause reduced or no mist output.
TO CLEAN THE FLOAT
Clean the float hinge with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water to remove any calcified water minerals as necessary.
TO CLEAN THE TANK
Remove the tank cover and water tank from the humidifier base. Pour out any remaining water. Rinse inside the tank with clean water.
Every day: Empty and rinse the tank and tank cover before refilling.
Every week: To remove any scale or buildup, use a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and lukewarm water to clean the inside of the tank.
TO CLEAN THE OIL TRAY
Open the oil tray and remove the pad. Essential oil pads should be changed when switching to a different essential oil scent. If continuing to use the same scent, set the essential oil pad aside for reuse. Wipe down the inside of the oil tray with a soft cloth. Place the essential oil pad back in the tray and close.
NOTE: Leave the essential oil pad out of the oil tray when storing.
TO CLEAN THE SURFACE
Clean the surface of the unit with a soft, damp cloth.
Before storing: Clean the tank, water reservoir, float, tank cover, and the transducer/ultrasonic membrane with a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water. Be sure to rinse and let all parts dry completely before storing. Clean the oil tray with a soft cloth.
After storing: Rinse the tank with water prior to operating.
|No power/no mist from the mist nozzle||• Unit is not plugged in• Humidifier is not turned on• No power at unit• Low water level• The humidistat setting is lower than the current room humidity• Transducer/ultrasonic membrane needs to be cleaned||• Plug unit in• Press the power button to turn the unit on• Check circuits and fuses or try a different outlet• Refill the tank with water• Reset the humidistat to a higher humidity setting, or change to continuous on• Follow Cleaning the Transducer/Ultrasonic Membrane instructions in the Cleaning and Care section|
|Peculiar odor||• Unit is new• If unit is in use, the odor may be a dirty tank or old tank water• Old water in the water reservoir||• Remove the tank cover and let the tank air out in a cool, dry place for 12 hours• Empty the old water, clean the tank, and fill with clean water• Remove and empty the water tank. Pour out any remaining water in the water reservoir|
|Excessive noise||• Unit is not level• Low water level||• Place unit on a flat, even surface• Check the water level; refill the tank if the water is low|
|White dust accumulation||• Hard water used• Demineralization cartridge needs to be replaced||• Use distilled water and a demineralization cartridge• Replace demineralization cartridge|
CAUTION: All servicing of this humidifier must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
FCC DISCL AIMER
This product has been tested and complies with the requirements for Federal Communication Commission Part 18 and CAN ICES-1/NMB-1. Although this product is tested and complies with the FCC, it may interfere with other devices. If this product is found to interfere with another device, separate the other device and this product. Conduct only the user maintenance found in this instruction manual. Other maintenance and servicing may cause harmful interference and can void the required FCC compliance.
SUPPLIER’S DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
Product Description: TOTALCOMFORT® DELUXE ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIER
Model Number: UHE-WMTF185
Trade Name: HoMedics
FCC Compliance Statement
This device complies with Part 18 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
U.S. Contact Information
Company: HoMedics, LLC.
Address: 3000 N Pontiac Trail, Commerce Township, MI 48390
8:30am-7:00pm EST Monday-Friday 1-800-466-3342
Documents / Resources
|HoMEDiCS UHE-WMTF185 TotalComfort Ultrasonic Humidifier [pdf] Instruction Manual|
UHE-WMTF185, TotalComfort Ultrasonic Humidifier