- Unfold STRETCH and place it on the floor.
Alternatively, STRETCH can be placed on a firm flat mattress, providing any soft bedding is removed first.
- Lay the mat over STRETCH with the pillow part at the opposite end to the bolster.
- Plug into a nearby socket
Ensure the cable is not going to cause a trip hazard and keep the area free from other objects so that you have enough space to lie down comfortably.
- Remove shoes, scarves, ties, belts & jewelry.
Wear soft, comfortable clothing that will keep you warm.
- Lie down on STRETCH on your back with your bottom nearest the ‘bolster’ end and the pillow underneath your head.
- Position your legs and arms according to the advice given in the table opposite.
Please chose appropriately as your leg and arm positions can affect the intensity of the treatment quite considerably.Your FlexibilityLeg PositionArm positionIntensityFig. 3Inflexible, eg. tight back /tight hamstringsKnees bent up, feet flat on the floor beyond the matBy sides, or with hands resting on bellyMildFig. 4Some flexibility, but still a way to goStraight legs, cushion under kneesBy sides, or with hands resting on bellyModerateFig. 5Good flexibility – can easily touch toesStraight Legs (no cushion)By sides, or with hands resting on bellyEnhancedFig. 6Very flexible & looking for a deeper treatmentStraight Legs (no cushion)Arms extended or folded overheadFull Intensity
- Press the q button on the remote control.
- Choose your intensity level
LOW = 1 LED lit
MED = 2 LEDs lit
HIGH = 3 LEDs lit
We recommend starting on LOW as you can always increase the intensity during the program if you want a deeper treatment.
- Select a program.
ProgramDescription & BenefitsTwistA dynamic program incorporating twists to decrease tension in shoulders and hips. Also great for releasing tension in the lower back.FlowA progressive flow of stretches gently mobilize the whole length of the spine leaving you feeling refreshed and more suppleEnergizeAn uplifting program to help boost energyStretchAn ‘all-round’ treatment provides a great antidote after long periods of sittingUnwindA combination of twists and stretches to help you destress and release tensionRecoverA varied tempo program focused on replenishing energy*Note: Program time is approx 15 mins on high intensity, less on med or low intensity. For a longer treatment, programs can be run one after another. (See Tip 5 below)
- Active Heat function
To activate soothing heat with the different programs, press the heat button on the remote control. Allow a few moments for the heating action to warm up. The heat function can be used with any program. The heat function cannot be used on its own.
- Active Heat function
As the treatment program starts, close your eyes, relax all your muscles and focus on your breath. Allow the weight of the body to sink deeply into the mat and enjoy.
Tips to get the best from STRETCH
- Relax and let the mat do the work
Try to mindfully scan each part of your body during the treatment, and wherever you sense tension, consciously release that tension by allowing your body to become heavier and softer. The motion created by STRETCH will move your body without you needing to exert any effort. In fact, the more you relax, the greater the benefits will be.
- Enhancing the twist action
For programs that include a twisting movement, the benefits can be further enhanced by adding a gentle turn of the head as described below:
During a shoulder twist, try turning your head slowly in the direction of the twist. Allow the head to be heavy and the ear to sink down towards the mat. Move the head gently back to center as the shoulder comes back down, before repeating on the other side.
During a hip twist, keep the upper body relaxed and both shoulders heavy. Allow the hip to be lifted without resistance. As the right hip lifts, try turning the head to the left side and vice versa. Always move gently and return to a neutral position in between movements. If there is any discomfort in the neck, make the movements smaller, or try using a pillow on either side to rest the head on as you turn.
- Using your breath
If you feel tension or slight discomfort during the treatment program, try to visualize directing your breath to the area of tension. Breathe slowly and deeply, in and out through the nose. If it feels okay, you can also try extending the out-breath making it up to 50% longer than the in-breath. To get into this rhythm try counting to 4 on the in-breath and 6 on the out-breath. Sink deeper into the mat as you exhale.
- Try varying your position on the mat
STRETCH has been cleverly designed to work for people of all different shapes and sizes. You can subtly change the feel of your treatments by moving slightly closer to either the top or bottom of the mat as you lie down. The effect will be different for everyone, depending on your height and proportions, so give it a try and find your favorite position.
- Get in the habit of regular treatments
Treatments can be repeated as often as feels good for you, but as with anything new, always start gently and build up your regime as your body becomes accustomed. We recommend starting with a gentle ‘stretch’ treatment on level 1 and waiting at least 48 hours before the next treatment. Then slowly build up to daily or twice daily treatments, as desired.
USING ESSENTIAL OILS WITH THE AROMA TAB
Gently pour a few drops of oil onto the aroma tab, releasing the scent in the air. The more drops, the stronger the scent.
Unplug from the mains and use a soft damp cloth to clean the fabric if required. Never saturate the mat or use harsh chemical cleaners. No other maintenance is required.
Place the appliance in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the fabric surface. To avoid breakage, DO NOT wrap the power cord around the appliance. DO NOT hang the unit by the cord.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning. To disconnect, turn all controls to the ‘OFF’ position, then remove the plug from the outlet.
- NEVER leave an appliance unattended when plugged in. Unplug from the mains outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- This appliance can be used by children
aged 13 years and above and
persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen in the water or other liquids. Switch off at the mains and unplug it immediately. Keep dry — DO NOT operate in wet or moist
- NEVER insert pins or other metallic fasteners into the appliance.
- Use this appliance for the intended use
as described in this booklet. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics.
- NEVER operate the appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to the HoMedics Service Centre for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Excessive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by the cord or use the cord as a handle.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- DO NOT crush.
- This product requires 220-240 V AC power.
- DO NOT attempt to repair the appliance. There are no user-serviceable parts. For service, send to a HoMedics Service Centre. All servicing of this appliance must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
- DO NOT stand on the appliance. The unit should only be used when on the floor or bed etc.
- Never block the air openings of the Keep air openings free of lint, hair, etc.
- Do not place or store appliances where they can fall or be pulled into a bath or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Failure to follow the above may result in the risk of fire or injury.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health, consult a doctor before using this
- Pregnant women, diabetics, and individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before using this appliance. Not recommended for use by individuals with diabetic neuropathy.
- DO NOT use on an infant, invalid, or on a sleeping or unconscious person. DO NOT use on insensitive skin or on a person with poor blood circulation.
- This appliance should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies in the lower half of their body.
- NEVER use directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- If you feel any discomfort whilst using this appliance, discontinue use and consult your
- This is a non-professional appliance, designed for personal use and intended to ease muscle tension. DO NOT use as a substitute for medical attention.
- Treatments can have a stimulating effect which may delay sleep if the product is used before going to bed.
- Do not use it for longer than the recommended time.
- If the product feels excessively hot, switch off at mains and contact the HoMedics Service Centre.
- Please ensure that all hair, clothing, and jewelry are kept clear of the massage mechanism or any other moving parts of the product at all times.
- The vast majority of diabetes sufferers will be able to use the mat without any issue and should get a real benefit. However, diabetes can be a complex condition sometimes leading to other medical issues, hence why we suggest checking with a GP first. In some cases the GP may advise checking blood sugar after the treatment is finished as levels can sometimes be reduced as a result of treatment. In some cases, such as with diabetic neuropathy, the person may have reduced sensation in the limbs, and in such cases, massage or manipulation is not always recommended because the individual is not receiving the normal sensory feedback to know what is comfortable and what is not. There may also be an increased risk of damage to weak blood vessels in these This should be judged by a GP on a case by case basis, hence the statement we make in our manual.
- There is no upper or lower height restriction for use of the mat. By adjusting your position on the mat it is possible for everyone to benefit from the full range of motion of the mat. Taller users would usually want to have their bottom as close as possible to the roll end of the mat but shorter users might benefit from moving up a few centimeters towards the head end of the mat.
3 YEAR GUARANTEE
FKA Brands Ltd guarantees this product from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase, except as noted below. This FKA Brands Ltd product guarantee does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of FKA Brands Ltd. This guarantee is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the UK / EU. A product that requires modification or adaptation t enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this guarantee. FKA Brands Ltd shall not be responsible for any type of incidental, consequential, or special damages.
To obtain guaranteed service on your product, return the product post-paid to your local service center along with your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase). Upon receipt, FKA Brands Ltd will repair or replace, as appropriate, your product and return it to you, post-paid. The guarantee is solely through HoMedics Service Centre. Service of this product by anyone other than the HoMedics Service Centre voids the guarantee. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
For your local HoMedics Service Centre, go to www.homedics.co.uk/servicecentres
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed of with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmentally safe recycling.
Distributed in the UK by
FKA Brands Ltd, Somerhill Business Park, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 0GP, UK
FKA Brands Ltd, 29 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland
Customer Support: +44(0) 1732 378557 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents / Resources
|HOMEDICS Stretch Plus Stretching Mat Inspired by Yoga [pdf] Instructions|
Stretch Plus Stretching Mat Inspired by Yoga