IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
DANGER – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into the water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use it while bathing or in the shower.
- DO NOT place or store an appliance where they can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Never use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Not for use by children.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended purpose as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by the power cord or use cord as a handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- Never operate the appliance with the air openings blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
- Use heated surfaces carefully. May cause serious burns. Do not use over insensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
- Do not use this massager in close proximity to loose clothing, jewelry, or long hair.
- Never operate on a soft surface such as a bed or couch where the air openings may be blocked.
- CAUTION: All servicing of this massager must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION – PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING.
- Consult your doctor prior to using this product, if:
– You are pregnant
– You have a pacemaker
– You have any concerns regarding your health
- Not recommended for use by diabetics.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- Do not use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- Never use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies.
- This product is not for use in automobiles.
- This product is intended for household use only.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Plug the receptacle end into the input jack located near the side of the massager and plug included adapter into a 120-volt AC outlet. Shiatsu and Vibration Body Massager is very versatile and designed for use on the neck, back, and shoulders. However, you may find it works well for other body areas as well. See pages 6-7 for instructions on how to use the hand control.
CAUTION: To avoid pinching, do not lean on the shiatsu massage mechanism in the pillow when adjusting your body position. Do not jam or force any part of your body in the moving massage mechanism.
NOTE: Only gentle force should be exerted against the unit in order to eliminate any/all risk of injury. You may soften massage force by placing a towel between yourself and the unit.
Unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Spot clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge. Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the unit.
• DO NOT immerse in any liquid to clean.
• Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, or strong chemicals that might or might not be flammable and/or damage to the product to clean.
• DO NOT attempt to repair the massager. There are no user-serviceable parts. For service, contact the Consumer Relations telephone number listed in the Warranty section.
Place massager in its box or in a cool, dry place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects that might cut or puncture the fabric surface. To avoid breakage, do not wrap the power cord around the unit. Do not hang the unit by the power cord.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment. Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules and CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3 (B). These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a Consumer Relations representative for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including but not limited to retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a retailer, or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS THAT ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof that are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights that may vary from state to state and country to country. Because of individual state and country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit www.homedics.com. For Canada, please visit www.homedics.ca.
FOR SERVICE IN THE USA
8:30 am–7:00 pm EST Monday– Friday
FOR SERVICE IN CANADA
8:30am– 5:00pm EST Monday– Friday
Source: The NPD Group. January 2017-December 2017, Retail Tracking Service. ©2018 HoMedics, LLC. All rights reserved. HoMedics is a registered trademark of HoMedics, LLC. HoMedics #1 Brand In Massage is a trademark of HoMedics, LLC. Distributed by HoMedics, LLC, 3000 N Pontiac Trail, Commerce Township, MI 48390
IB-SP129HJreport this ad
Homedics SP-129HJ Shiatsu Vibration Body Massager with Soothing Heat Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics SP-129HJ Shiatsu Vibration Body Massager with Soothing Heat Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download