IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
Burns could occur from touching hot metal parts, hot water, or steam. Use care when you turn a steam appliance upside down – there may be hot water in the reservoir.
- To reduce the risk of contact with hot water emitting from steam vents, check the appliance before each use by holding it away from the body and operating the steam button.
- Use appliance only for its intended use.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquids.
- Never yank cord to disconnect from outlet; instead, grasp plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not allow the cord to touch hot surfaces. Let the appliance cool completely before putting away. Loop cord loosely around the appliance when storing.
- Always disconnect the appliance from electrical outlet when filling with water or emptying, and when not in use.
- Do not operate the appliance with a damaged cord, or if the appliance has been dropped or damaged. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble or attempt to repair the appliance, take it to a qualified service person for examination and repair. Incorrect reassembly or repair could cause a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when the appliance is used.
- Close supervision is necessary for any appliance being used by or near children. Do not leave the appliance unattended while connected.
- To reduce the likelihood of circuit overload, do not operate another high wattage appliance on the same circuit.
- If an extension cord is absolutely necessary, a 20 ampere rated cord should be used. Cords rated for less amperage may overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that the cord cannot be pulled or tripped over.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This product must be grounded. If it should malfunction or breakdown, grounding provides a path of least resistance for the electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock. This product is equipped with a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
DANGER– To reduce the risk of electric shock:
Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or serviceman if you are in doubt as to whether the product is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the product – if it will not fit the outlet, you may temporarily use an adapter (such as the one shown in Figure B) until you have a proper outlet (such as the one shown in Figure C) installed by a qualified electrician.
This product is for use on a nominal 120-volt circuit and has a grounding plug that looks like the plug illustrated in Figure A. A temporary adapter that looks like the adapter illustrated in Figure B may be used to connect this plug to a 2-pole receptacle as shown in Figure D if a properly grounded outlet is not available. The temporary adapter should be used only until a properly grounded outlet Figure C can be installed by a qualified electrician. The tab for grounding screw Figure B extending from the adapter must be connected to a permanent ground such as a properly grounded outlet box cover. Whenever the adapter is used, it must be held in place by a metal screw. See Figures D and E.
PerfectSteam Professional Features
- Pressurized steam system for instant wrinkle removal
- Steam on Demand® steam pause
- 7 steam output settings at your fingertip
- 45-second heat-up
- The easy fill water tank provides 3 hours of continuous steam
- Collapsible upper hanger with clips
- Lower hanger with clips
- Accessory storage compartment
- 5-foot flexible steam hose
- Telescoping pole
- Auto-off with automatic reset
- Water filter
- Stainless steel steam nozzle
- Includes fabric brush, lint brush, crease tool and nozzle cloth covers
- For household use
Carefully remove all contents from the packaging and inspect the product to make sure all components have been received (Figure 1).
- Insert the Telescoping Pole into the steamer. Align the pole grooves with the grooves inside the pole base and push them down. Hand tightens the Pole Nut by turning clockwise (Figure 2).
- Fully extend the Telescoping Pole. Open the 3 Clips on the pole and pull upwards (Figure 3). Close the clips and make sure the pole is securely locked into place.
- Attach the Hanger Attachment. Align the tabs in the Hanger Attachment with the grooves on the pole and push down (Figure 3).
- Hang the Steam Nozzle Handle on the Hanger Attachment (Figure 4).
- Place the Clothes Hanger with Clips on the Hanger Attachment and gently push down (Figure 5). Expand the Clothes Hanger by raising each side until it locks into place.
- Clip the Lower Hanger on the Telescoping Pole (Figure 6).
- Place the Water Filter inside the water reservoir by aligning the water filter outlet with the hole in the water reservoir and push down to secure (Figure 7).
• The steamer will not operate without the water filter.
- The fabric brush, lint brush, crease tool, and cloth covers may be stored inside the on-board storage compartment (Figure 8).
Instructions for Use
Read all instructions including Important Safety Instructions and Warnings before use.
Filling the Water Tank
1. Turn the water tank upside down and unscrew the cap (Figure 9).
2. Hold the tank under clean cool tap water and fill to the desired level. DO NOT fill past the MAX FILL line.
3. Once the tank is filled, screw the cap back on and turn over. Place the water tank in the
steamer water tank cavity. Make sure it is sitting securely (Figure 10).
• Only fill the tank with clean cool water. DO NOT use HOT water.
• If the water in your area is extremely hard or has high mineral content, only use demineralized or distilled water.
• Do not use any additives in the water such as fabric softeners, scents, bleach, and starch. They will damage the garment steamer and your garment.
Using the Steamer
Always check fabric labels for recommendations before steaming. Test colorfastness in an inconspicuous spot. Some fabrics can be steamed better from the underside of the material. Heavy fabrics may require repeated steaming. Never steam a garment while it is being worn.
- Do not operate the steamer without water in the water tank.
- Be sure the steamer nozzle is placed on the hanger attachment (Figure 4).
- Plug the steamer cord into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
- Hang the garment to be steamed on the steamer’s collapsible hanger. Attach the bottom of the garment to the low hanger clips to keep it taut.
- Press the foot press ON/OFF switch to the ON position. The switch will illuminate (Figure 11).
- A beep will sound indicating the steamer is ready for use.
- After the beep sounds push the Steam on Demand button to turn on the steam. The light glows green. Press the Steam on Demand button to turn off the steam. The light turns off (Figure 12).
- Once continuous steam emits from the steam nozzle, adjust the pressurized steam settings to the desired intensity. The + button increases the steam intensity. The – button decreases the steam intensity (Figure 12). The default steam intensity is medium setting 4.
- Lightly press the steam nozzle against the garment and steam in a vertical motion starting from the top of the garment to the bottom (Figure 13). Always keep the hose and nozzle elevated above the steamer and in a vertical position.
• The steamer will make a pumping sound during operation. This is normal.
• A beep will sound when the tank is empty.
- The Steam on Demand button pauses the steam. This button can be used when repositioning, changing a garment, or during interruptions to prolong steam output (Figure 12).
• Allow a few seconds for the boiler to cool down and the steam to stop after pressing the steam on demand button.
• If the steam on demand button is activated for several minutes, it will take up to 25 seconds for the steam to resume.
When attaching or changing attachments, be sure the unit is off, unplugged, and completely cool to avoid contact with hot water.
Cloth Nozzle Covers
The cloth nozzle cover can be used to soften the pressurized steam intensity.
• Place the cloth cover over the steam nozzle (Figure 14).
• Steam in a downward motion from top to bottom.
The fabric brush opens the fabric weave for better steam penetration on heavily wrinkled garments.
• Attach the fabric brush by lining up the notches on the fabric brush with the holes on the steam nozzle. Gently push into place (Figure 15).
• Steam in a downward motion from top to bottom gently brushing the fabric.
The crease toolsets crisp creases.
• The crease tool snaps onto the steam nozzle by aligning the crease tool slot with the steam nozzle tab (Figure 16).
• Pull the crease tool trigger to open the crease tool.
• Place the garment between the crease tool and steam nozzle and release the trigger.
• Steam in a downward motion from top to bottom to set a crease.
The lint brush removes lint and pet hair from garments.
• Attach the lint brush by lining up the lint brush notches with the holes on the steam nozzle. Gently push into place (Figure 17).
• Steam in a downward motion from top to bottom gently brushing the fabric.
• Clean the lint brush by brushing in the opposite direction on an old cloth.
1. Push the foot press ON/OFF button OFF and unplug the steamer.
2. Allow the steamer to cool for at least 30 minutes.
3. Empty the water tank and allow it to air dry before replacing the cap and placing it back on the steamer.
4. Remove the water filter and empty any excess water from the water cavity by tipping over a sink. Place the water filter back into the water reservoir.
This garment steamer collapses for convenient storage (Figure 18).
1. Push the clothes hanger button to collapse the hanger.
2. Unlock the pole clips (Figure 3), collapse the pole and re-lock the clips.
3. Coil the steam hose.
4. Store in a cool, dry place.
Replacing the Water Filter
- Replace the water filter after 40 hours of usage to avoid mineral build-up.
- Only use Home Touch replacement water filter, model PS-WF350.
- Remove the water tank, remove the old water filter and replace with a new filter.
- See Assembly Instructions number 7.
- Replacement water filters may be ordered on our website www.homedics.com or by dialing Consumer Relations Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM (EST) at 1.800.466.3342
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Periodically run the garment steamer on the highest steam output (setting 7) to keep the steam jets free of residue.
- Do not attempt to clean when hot. Be sure the steamer is turned OFF and unplugged.
- Clean exposed parts with a soft, slightly damp cloth. To remove stains, use a mild soap.
- Never use detergents, excess water, treated cloths, harsh cleaning agents, or spray cleaners.
- Do not immerse the steamer in water.
- Do not attempt to disassemble, or open the steamer casing as this will void your warranty.
Limited One Year Warranty
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HOME TOUCH PRODUCTS WARRANTY CENTER
Dept. 168, SUITE 3
43155 W. NINE MILE RD.
NOVI, MI 48375
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer the purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from a failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to the sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
mail To HOME TOUCH PRODUCTS Warranty Center Dept. 168, Suite 3 43155 W. Nine Mile Rd. Novi, MI 48375
Monday – Friday
8:30am – 7:00pm (ET)
© 2010 HOME TOUCH PRODUCTS and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. Home Touch®, PerfectSteam®, and STEAM ON DEMAND® have registered trademarks of HOME TOUCH PRODUCTS, Inc. and its affiliated companies.
All rights reserved.
Homedics PS-350 HOME TOUCH Perfect Steam Professional Commercial Garment Steamer Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics PS-350 HOME TOUCH Perfect Steam Professional Commercial Garment Steamer Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download