- Paraffin heat therapy seals in heat and contours to the afflicted area for the ultimate moist heat treatment
- Para Spa softens and smooths dry, cracked skin
- Includes 3 lbs. of pure, hypoallergenic Paraffin Wax that does not contain scents or dyes to irritate sensitive skin
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into the water. Unplug it immediately.
- Do not place an appliance where they can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet before cleaning.
- Do not plug or unplug this product when hands are wet.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- This product should never be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual.
- Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics, specifically any attachment not provided with the unit.
- Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to the HoMedics’ Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not drop or insert any object into any opening unless specifically directed in this manual.
- Do not carry this appliance by the supply cord or use the cord as a handle.
- Do not use the outdoors. This appliance is designed for household use only.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter.
- Do not place an appliance on or near any hot gas, flames, electric element, or in a heated oven. Do not place on top of any other appliance.
- Do not operate where aerosol spray products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- This unit is not intended for children’s use.
- The unit must be connected to 110V/120V A/C electrical supply.
- Never use this product while sleeping or drowsy.
- Never use this product while in bed.
- Do not apply the hot wax near eyes or other heat-sensitive areas.
- Do not touch hot surfaces.
- Do not allow the level of paraffin wax to fall below the “MIN” line inside of the tub.
- Never use sharp instruments to remove solidified paraffin wax from the unit.
- Use appliance on a sturdy level surface only.
- Always store this product in a cool, dry place.
This unit is designed for household use only. This unit is not designed for commercial use. This unit is not a professional device.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution – Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
IF YOU HAVE OR HAVE HAD ANY SKIN CONDITIONS, DISEASES, AND OR HEALTH PROBLEMS, YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE USE.
- Use bath only when seated. Do not stand on or in the tub unit.
- Do not apply paraffin wax on open cuts or wounds, warts, inflamed skin, or when the sensation of any extremities is decreased.
- Consult your physician if you have any questions or concerns about acute inflammation and peripheral vascular disease or decreased sensation of any extremity before using.
- Discontinue use and consult a physician if the paraffin wax feels too hot or if it does not feel warm enough. This may indicate a possible physical problem.
- Discontinue use and consult your physician if dermatitis, discomfort, irritation, or pain occurs from continued paraffin treatments.
- Test the paraffin wax on the inside of your wrist to make sure the temperature is comfortable.
- Do not overfill the unit and always keep the paraffin wax level about 2 inches from the top of the bath.
- Never operate the unit without paraffin wax.
- Do not heat paraffin wax in its plastic packaging, nor heat it over an open flame, on a range, stove or in a microwave.
- Do not pour the melted paraffin wax from the tub/unit.
- Unplug unit before filling with paraffin wax.
- Do not use accessories or wax not recommended or sold by HoMedics.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by HoMedics‘ Service Center.
- Do not put water into the tub/unit.
Instructions for use:
This unit is a thermostatically controlled unit. The unit can hold a maximum of 3.5 lbs. of paraffin wax for operation. The melting time is less than 12 hours and it is designed for a continuous run at 24 hours per day.
This unit may feel very warm to sensitive skin. However, in order to fully experience the therapeutic benefits of paraffin heat therapy, the wax must be heated to a temperature between 123-131 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the temperature utilized by the leading hospital brand paraffin baths.
For proper application, quickly dip the body area (i.e. hand or elbow) into the melted paraffin wax and remove immediately. This should be repeated 6-10 times. Never soak in the wax for more than 1-2 seconds. If you are very sensitive to heat or feel that this appliance may not be for you, please return this product to the place of purchase, prior to use.
How to set up the ParaSpa Mini-unit:
- Remove all contents from packaging and check to make sure you have all of the following components of the ParaSpa Mini paraffin bath:
• Paraffin bathtub
• Plastic lid
• Plastic grate
• Three 1 lb. bags of Paraffin Wax
• 30 plastic liners
- Place the unit on a level and sturdy table or surface and remove the lid.
- Make sure the Para Spa Mini tub is empty before putting wax into the tub.
- Open the bags of Paraffin Wax and place the wax in the tub. Open only as many bags as you plan to use. The unit is designed to hold a maximum of 3.5 lbs. of paraffin wax and a minimum of 2 lbs. See Fig. 1 Always keep the level of paraffin wax filled to the “MIN” level marked on the inside of the tub.
- Plug the unit into a 110V/120V A/C household outlet. The green LED light indicates when the unit is plugged in. The red light will turn on and off as the heating element works.
NOTE: The unit is automatically turned “on” when it is plugged in. If not used in 48 to 72 hours, turn the dial down to “SOLID”. If not used for weeks at a time unplug the unit and store it in a cool, dry place.
- Turn the dial to “MELT” to melt the paraffin wax. See Fig. 2 The paraffin wax should melt in less than 12 hours, usually in under 4-5 hours. The red LED light indicates that the heater element is operating. Place the lid onto the top of the unit.
- Turn the dial to “WARM” after paraffin wax is completely melted. Remove the lid and place the grate into the wax and allow it to sink to the bottom of the tub. See Fig. 3 Place the lid back onto the top of the unit. Wait about 1 hour for the paraffin wax to cool down to an ideal temperature before using. The Para Spa Mini unit is designed to be used at room temperature. If the wax starts to solidify or flakes form on the top surface, turn the dial clockwise(right) to increase the temperature.
NOTE: The room temperature can have an effect on the unit’s performance. Therefore we always recommend testing the paraffin temperature on the inside of the wrist area before dipping your entire hand or elbow.
NOTE: NEVER dip your hand, foot, or elbow into the ParaSpa bath while the unit is in “MELT” mode!
NOTE: Place the grate into the unit only when the paraffin wax is melted.
How to use the paraffin treatment:
- Before immersing your hand or elbow test the paraffin wax on the inside of your wrist to make sure the temperature of the wax is comfortable. Remove all jewelry before dipping (i.e. rings, bracelets, watch).
NOTE: It is suggested you wash the area to be treated and apply lanolin-based hand lotion over the area before dipping it into the paraffin wax. This will allow the wax to be removed easier and will help moisturize the skin.
- Dip your hand or elbow into the melted paraffin wax and remove immediately. Wait a few seconds until the wax solidifies. Try to avoid moving your hand or elbow while the wax is applied.
NOTE: The dipping process is quick. Do not leave your hand or elbow in the tub. Do not soak. Dip quickly in and out.
- Repeat this step several times until several layers have formed, 6-10 coatings are suggested. If paraffin wax temperature is too hot or too cold, adjust the temperature accordingly. Turn the dial clockwise(right) to increase the paraffin wax temperature or counterclockwise(left) to reduce the paraffin wax temperature.
- For longer heat treatment, place a plastic liner (provided) over the treated area and twist bag at the opening. Keep paraffin wax and liner on the treated area for 10-20 minutes for ultimate therapy. See Fig. 4
NOTE: When using the paraffin bath with plastic liners on your feet, do not walk around! This may cause you to slip and fall.
- Peel off the wax from the treated area. If using a plastic liner, peel the plastic lining from the area being treated. Paraffin wax will peel off with liner. See Fig. 5
- Discard used wax.
NOTE: If you are the only person using the ParaSpa Mini, the wax can be re-used, simply put it back into the tub to re-melt.
Periodically, the used portion of paraffin wax should be replaced and the unit should be cleaned.
- Unplug the unit and remove the grate. Allow paraffin wax to solidify overnight.
- Push on one end of the paraffin wax block. This will tip it up. Lift the block out of the unit and dispose of it. DO NOT USE SHARP OBJECTS TO REMOVE THE PARAFFIN WAX BLOCK, THIS MAY SCRATCH OR DAMAGE THE TUB. If the paraffin wax does not remove easily, plug unit in and allow to heat for 10–15 minutes then remove the paraffin wax block and unplug the unit.
- Wipe the inside of the unit with a disposable towel to remove residual dirt and paraffin.
- With a damp, soapy cloth, wipe clean. DO NOT POUR WATER INTO THE UNIT, OR IMMERSE THE UNIT IN WATER.
- Store in a cool, dry place. When you are ready to re-use the Para Spa Mini paraffin bath for the next heat treatment, repeat steps 2-7, “How to set up the ParaSpa Mini-unit”. Then, follow steps 1-6, “How to use the paraffin treatment”.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, the plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
Mail To: HoMedics Consumer Relations Service Center Dept. 168 3000 Pontiac Trail Commerce Township, MI48390
8:30 am-5 pm EST M-F
©2001-2006 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies. Para Spa and Body Basics are trademarks of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies.
IB-PAR100-Creport this ad
Homedics PAR-100 Paraffin Bath Para Spa Mini Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics PAR-100 Paraffin Bath Para Spa Mini Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download