R A D I A N C E
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT NOW
REGISTER YOUR PRODUCT AT:
YOUR VALUABLE INPUT REGARDING
THIS PRODUCT WILL HELP US CREATE
THE PRODUCTS YOU WILL WANT
IN THE FUTURE.
I N S T R U C T I O N M A N U A L A N D W A R R A N T Y I N F O R M A T I O N
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
• ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet before cleaning. To disconnect, turn all controls to the ‘OFF’ position, then remove plug from outlet.
• Not for use by children.
• DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen in water or other liquids. Unplug it immediately. Keep dry – DO NOT operate in wet or moist conditions.
• Use this appliance for the intended use as described in this booklet. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics.
• NEVER operate the appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to the HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
• Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
• This appliance is for household and indoor use only.
• DO NOT attempt to repair the appliance. There are no user serviceable parts. For service, send to a HoMedics Service Center. All servicing of this appliance must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel.
• Never block the air openings of the appliance. Keep air openings free of lint, hair etc.
• Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a bath or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
• This product has an internal, non-user replaceable lithium battery. Recycle or dispose of battery properly in accordance with all local, state, province, and country regulations.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE.
• If you have any concerns regarding your health, consult a doctor before using this appliance.
• Do not use on irritated, sunburned or chapped skin, or on any area with dermatological problems.
• Do not apply over skin eruptions, warts, moles or varicose veins.
• Use should be easy and painless. If you experience skin irritation, or hand discomfort when using this product, discontinue use. If a more extreme reaction occurs, consult your doctor.
• Individuals with pacemakers and pregnant women should consult a doctor before using this appliance. Not recommended for use by Diabetics.
• DO NOT use on an infant, invalid or on a sleeping or unconscious person. DO NOT use on insensitive skin or on a person with poor blood circulation.
• If the product feels excessively hot, turn off and contact the HoMedics Service Center.
• This is a non-professional appliance and is not intended to treat medical conditions of the skin. Do not use as a substitute for medical attention.
• This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any ailments that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
Microdermabrasion is NOT recommended if you have any of the following conditions:
• Lesions, warts, or recent herpes outbreak
• Sunburn or sun sores
• Active rosacea
• Auto-immune disorders
• Skin cancer
• Vascular lesions
• Any open wounds, sores, or cuts
• Taking oral blood thinners (anti-coagulants)
UNIQUE FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
HoMedics Microdermabrasion brings professional salon skincare into your own home. The diamond tip works with a gentle but powerful suction action to remove dead cells from the skin surface, revealing and stimulating the fresh skin layer beneath. Perfect for restoring youthful radiance to the skin; improving skin tone and texture, smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reducing the appearance of age spots and sun damage. Use regularly to maintain young and fresh looking skin.
CLINICALLY TESTED – Salon quality microdermabrasion device
4 INTENSITY LEVELS – Adjusts for maximum comfort and effectiveness
2 DIAMOND TIPS – Normal and Sensitive tips included
BLACK WOOL FILTERS – 50 black wool filters included
RECHARGEABLE – Charging Base, Charging Cord and Adapter included
HOW TO USE
BEFORE TURNING THE UNIT ON
• Make sure the unit is fully charged
• Confirm the placement of the black wool filter
• Install the desired Diamond Tip on the Hand Unit
CHARGING THE BATTERY
Before turning the unit on, connect the charging base to a household electrical outlet using the charging cord and adapter. Place the handle in the charging base and press down firmly. The LED lights will flash to indicate that charging is taking place. When charging is complete all the lights will stay on. It takes 4 hours for a full charge, which will provide 90-120 minutes use, dependent on power levels used. When the level indicator LED flashes red, it indicates that the product needs charging.
BLACK WOOL FILTERS
A new black wool filter must be installed prior to the first use and before each use of the device. The filter collects dead skin cells and should be disposed of after use and then replaced. NOTE: Using the device without a filter will allow debris and dead skin cells to enter the motor, shortening the life of the product.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Regular microdermabrasion treatments can both restore and maintain a youthful appearance to the skin. We advise starting slowly with just one or two treatments a week, then building up to treatments every other day if desired. During use you should feel a gentle suction effect as the tip moves across the skin. Some people may also notice the slight coarseness of the diamond tip. Depending on your skin type, you may experience some reddening or increased sensitivity after treatment. This is perfectly normal and usually subsides within a few hours. You may wish to consider this and make your first treatment at the end of the day rather than just before going out. Adverse reactions are rare, but if skin becomes unduly inflamed or irritated, stop using the device immediately.
HOW TO USE
|AREA||CHEEKS||AROUND LIPS & CHIN||AROUND EYES||FOREHEAD||NOSE|
Note: Avoid the sensitive areas immediately above and below the eye.
FACIAL TREATMENT ROUTINE
• Wash and dry your face.
• Remove the handle from the charging base and fit your choice of diamond tip with a new black wool filter.
• Press and hold the POWER BUTTON for 2 seconds to turn the unit on. Press the POWER BUTTON again as required to increase the power level, as indicated by the LEDs. It is recommended to start on level 1 for the first treatment and to progress to a higher level if comfortable. See also MAX recommended levels in the above illustration.
• Place the diamond tip flat against the skin until you feel suction. Move it slowly across the surface of the skin in a smooth motion, covering the same area no more than 2-3 times in one treatment. Do not press too firmly as this may cause some irritation. In some areas it can help to hold the skin taught with the other hand (ie, around the eyes).
• The illustration above will help you establish an effective facial routine.
• Press and hold the POWER BUTTON for 2-3 seconds to turn off device.
• Discard used black wool filter and replace with a new one.
• Wash your face with cold water to remove any remaining dead skin cells, then apply your preferred moisturizer.
NOTE: Avoid using AHA (acid based) moisturizers on the day of treatment
• Depending on your skin type, you may experience some reddening or increased sensitivity after treatment. This is perfectly normal and usually subsides within a few hours.
• Avoid direct sun exposure after treatment, consider applying a stronger sunscreen as required.
OTHER BODY AREAS
• Other areas of the body can also be treated 2-3 times a week. For example, neck, chest, hands etc.
• When treating larger areas, replace the black wool filter part way through the treatment in order to maintain the level of suction.
• Make sure to cover the same area no more than 2-3 times in one treatment.
CHANGING THE FILTER
FILTER REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove the diamond tip from the unit by pulling straight up and set aside.
2. Remove the filter from the tip of the unit by pulling gently on the edge
of the filter, near the notch in the nozzle and discard.
3. Place a new filter into the slot in the tip of the nozzle.
4. Reinstall the diamond tip by pressing down firmly until secure.
To purchase additional replacement filters, model # MDA-100FL, go back to the retailer (where you purchased your microdermabrasion device), or visit (US) www.homedics.com, (CAN) www.homedics.ca.
REPLACEMENT BLACK WOOL FILTERS NOTCH IN NOZZLE
CLEANING AND CARE
CAUTION: before cleaning the unit, turn power off and remove from the charging base.
TO CLEAN THE DIAMOND TIP
Remove the diamond tip from the unit by pulling straight up and off of main handle. Set the handle portion aside. Brush clean with the included soft-bristle brush and rinse.
NOTE: For deep cleaning of the diamond tip, it is recommended to periodically place in an ultrasonic cleaner (ie, a jewelry cleaner) to remove excess skin cell buildup. NEVER submerge the handle in water or any liquid. Reinstall the diamond tip by pressing down firmly until secure.
TO CLEAN THE SURFACE
Clean the surface of the unit with a clean, damp, soft cloth. NOTE: Never use liquids or abrasive cleaners to clean the housing of the unit.
Place attachments into their proper compartments inside the storage box. Store box in a safe, dry place, out of children’s reach.
|Unit will not operate||• Unit is not charged||• Charge the unit, placing firmly into the charging base.• Press and hold the POWER BUTTON for 2 seconds to turn the power on.• Check circuits, fuses, try a different outlet.|
|Unit seems to be losing suction||• Unit is not fully charged• Black wool filter needs to be replaced.• Diamond tip is not securely installed||• Charge the unit, placing firmly into the charging base.• Replace the filter.• Make sure the Diamond Tip is secured tightly to the unit|
|Diamond tip no longer seems rough||• The Diamond Tip has an accumulation of skin cells.||• Clean the debris from the Diamond tip using the included brush.• Deep clean the Diamond Tips in an ultrasonic cleaner (i.e., a jewelry cleaner) to remove excess skin cell buildup.|
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I USE THE PRODUCT ? It’s best to start slowly – usually just once a week, then build up to 2 or 3 times a week if this is comfortable for your skin.
WILL IT HURT ? No. Treatment should not be painful. Depending on the sensitivity of your skin, you may feel slight discomfort from the diamond tip as it moves across the skin. There could be some short-term redness or sensitivity after treatment, but this will soon subside. If treatment is uncomfortable, you may need to use a lower power setting or switch to the sensitive diamond tip.
CAN I USE THE PRODUCT IN COMBINATION WITH ANTI – AGING CREAMS/SERUMS? If your anti-aging cream or serum contains AHA (or acid) then it should not be used on the same day as the microdermabrasion treatment, but can be used on non-treatment days. Non-AHA (acid free) anti-aging products can be used at any time.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two
conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference
received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment. Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receive is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This class B digital device complies with Canadian CAN ICES-3 (B) /NMB-3 (B).
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a consumer relations representative for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics. This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com. For Canada, please visit: www.homedics.ca.
FOR SERVICE IN THE USA:
MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:30AM-7:00PM EST
FOR SERVICE IN CANADA:
MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:30AM-5:00PM EST
Homedics MDA-100 Radiance Microdermabrasion Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics MDA-100 Radiance Microdermabrasion Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download