USER GUIDE AND WARRANTY INFORMATION
Thank you for purchasing the JAM Transit Touch. Check out the sections below for all the important information about your new headphones.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP. CONTACT US!
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers.
Contact a Consumer Relations representative by phone or email to help answer any questions. Please be sure to have the model number of your product available. (Hint: It’s HX-HP910)
Register your headphones! Information about where you bought them and how you’re using them is like gold for the people who make these headphones.
To register, visit:
8:30am–7:00pm EST M–F
8:30am–5:00pm EST M–F
JUST CHARGE IT
Charging the headphones is so easy you’ve probably figured it out by now, but just in case, you’ve got two options: you can charge them using your computer or a wall outlet. The Transit Touch needs about 3 hours for up to 12 hours of party time.
AC adapter not included.
- The cord that came with the headphones — the one with the USB on one end and the micro USB on the other — will work with your computer.
- If you want to use the wall outlet, you’ll need to pick up a power cord with a micro USB the next time you’re at the store, or use any USB AC adapter, including the one for your cell phone.
CONTROL YOUR DESTINY … OR AT LEAST YOUR HEADPHONES
- This is the power button. It also lets you know what your headphones are up to (see chart below for details)
- The power cord goes here
- Aux-in port to hook it up old-school
- Touchpad — swipe or tap to control your headphones
- Swipe clockwise to crank the music up
- Swipe counter-clockwise to turn the music down
- Tap to play, tap again to pause
- Swipe forward or up to jam on to the next track
- Swipe back or down to move to the previous track
SHED SOME LIGHT
The LED light on your headphones lets you know what they’re doing.
Powering On Low Battery
Pairing Mode Charging
Connected Ready to Party
BLUETOOTH® CONNECTION — IT’S A SETUP
Like any amazing couple, this one starts with a connection — one between your device and the headphones’ Bluetooth. Here’s how it works:
- Make sure the smartphone, tablet, or computer you’re using with the headphones has Bluetooth.
- Turn on the headphones (press and hold the power button for 3 seconds) and look for the little blinking light.
Continued on page 2.
BLUETOOTH® CONNECTION, CONTINUED
3. Do whatever your device needs you to do on its end.
4. Look for JAM Transit Touch Headphones in your device’s Bluetooth list or click YES.
5. Now hit PLAY on your headphones and crank it up — or down if you’re lame.
The device and Bluetooth will find each other every time, as long as the headphones are set to Bluetooth and your device’s Bluetooth is, you know, on.
If you’re connecting to a computer, you may have some extra steps on that end. You’ll have to get that information from the computer company.
Depending on your device, you may be prompted to enter a pairing code. If prompted, enter “0000” as the code.
To disable pairing of an existing device and pair a new device, tap and hold the touchpad for 6 seconds to activate pairing mode.
Note: If you turn on your Transit Touch Headphones but haven’t started the party yet, they will automatically power off after 2 minutes of unpaired inactivity.
Note: Once paired, if you pause the party for 15 minutes or more, your headphones will automatically power off to preserve battery life.
HOOKING UP OLD-SCHOOL AUDIO, JACK
- Plug one end of the cord into the headphones and the other into the headphone jack on your device.
- Turn on the headphones.
- Hit PLAY on your device and crank it up — or down if you’re lame.
You’ll have to play and pause the music from your device, not your headphones. No problem. You’re there anyway, right?
A soft, dry towel is all you need to clean off your headphones. Using water, harsh cleaners, or anything else only starts messing with the mechanics inside. So, yeah, don’t do it.
LOOK MA, NO HANDS!
When friends call to interrupt your party of one — and you know they will — answer the phone without disconnecting from your JAM Transit Touch. Yes, that’s right. Your headphones have hands-free calling, too. How amazing is that? Here’s how it works:
- Make sure your phone and headphones are connected through Bluetooth.
- Answering and ending a call works the same way: simply tap the touchpad on your Transit Touch.
- If you’d rather not talk, tap and hold the touchpad on your Transit Touch for 3 seconds to ignore the call.
THE COOLEST PART: The Transit Touch knows when a call is coming in and pauses the music before ringing. When you hang up, the music starts where it left off — and so does the party. If it’s you making the call, just start dialing from your phone, and the Transit Touch automatically does its hands-free thing. Isn’t it refreshing to know your headphones totally get you?
Check out the chart below for a complete guide on handling calls with your Transit Touch.
Situation : Short Tap Touchpad : Long Tap Touchpad
1st Incoming call : Pick up call : Reject call
On call : End call : Move call from headphones to device
2nd Incoming call : Call 1 on hold, pick up call 2 : Reject call 2
Both calls active : Hang up call 1, switch to call 2 : Switch between call 1 and call 2
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
To obtain warranty service on your JAM product, contact a Consumer Relations representative by telephone or email for assistance (you can find their contact info on page 1). Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS MAKE US SAY
When using an electrical product, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
- WARNING: Listen responsibly. To avoid hearing damage, make sure the volume on your device is turned down before connecting headphones. After placing headphones on your ears, gradually turn up the volume until you reach a comfortable listening volume.
- Use this product only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HMDX.
- HMDX is not liable for any damage caused to smartphones, iPod/MP3 players, or any other device.
- Do not place or store this product where it can fall or be dropped into a tub or sink.
- Do not place or drop into water or any other liquid.
- Not for use by children. THIS IS NOT A TOY.
- Never operate this product if it has a damaged cord, plug, cable, or housing.
- Keep away from heated surfaces.
- Only set on dry surfaces. Do not place on surface wet from water or cleaning solvents.
Attention California Residents:
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.
A MESSAGE FROM THE ENVIRONMENT
This product has an internal, non-replaceable lithium battery. Please dispose in accordance with your local, state, province, and country guidelines.
This product contains small parts that may present a choking hazard for young children.
CAUTION:All servicing of this product must be performed by authorized HMDX Service Personnel only.
STUFF THE GOVERNMENT MAKES US SAY
Note: This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Note: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by HMDX could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
IC Caution: RSS-GEN Issue 4 November 2014
This device complies with Industry Canada’s licence-exempt RSSs.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
©2015 HMDX. All Rights Reserved.
Homedics HX-HP910_SP jam Transit Touch Headphones User Guide and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics HX-HP910_SP jam Transit Touch Headphones User Guide and Warranty Information – Download