TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a consumer relations representative for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OFMERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITHRESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FORANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com. For Canada, please visit: www.homedics.ca.
THERAP PERCUSSION MASSAGER (WITH HEAT)
DANGER – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in a shower.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTRIC SHOCK, FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should NEVER be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use, and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by the supply cord or use cord as a handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- NEVER operate the appliance with the air openings blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
- NEVER operate on a soft surface such as a bed or couch where the air openings may be blocked.
- Use heated surfaces carefully. May cause serious burns. DO NOT use over insensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
- Keep long hair away from massager while in use.
- DO NOT use this massager in close proximity to loose clothing, jewelry, or long hair.
CAUTION: In case of pregnancy or illness, consult your doctor before using massager.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Consult your doctor prior to using this product, if
– You are pregnant
– You have a pacemaker
– You have any concerns regarding your health
- Not recommended for use by people with diabetes.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- Do not use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- Never use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies in the lower half of their body.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
- NEVER use this product in automobiles.
- This appliance is intended for household use only.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. DO NOT change the plug in any way.
- ALWAYS make sure the unit is set to the “OFF” position before inserting the plug into a 120-vol electrical outlet.
- MASSAGE: To turn the unit on, simply slide the ON/OFF switch, located along the top of the unit’s handle up. Slide the switch up one position for the low intensity setting and up two positions for the high intensity setting. To turn the unit off, slide the switch to the “OFF” position.
- MASSAGE WITH HEAT: Locate the two red attachments. Attach to the massage heads by turning clockwise to secure. Slide the Heat button up for heat. Allow a few minutes for heat to fully activate. To turn the heat off, slide the switch to the “OFF” position.
NOTE: Do not use the heat continuously for more than 15 minutes. Do not use the heat if you have sensitive skin, poor circulation, discolored areas, swelling, burned, inflamed or where skin eruptions or sores are present. Heat should be pleasant and comfortable. Should pain or discomfort result, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Apply massager head lightly to the area you wish to massage.
- Move the unit slowly, holding on the targeted area. Massage the area for a short period of time and move to another area. NEVER massage the same spot longer than 3 minutes.
CAUTION – NEVER use this appliance on or near eyes or other highly sensitive areas.
- Operation of longer than 15 minutes is not recommended and may cause overheating.
- When massage is completed, turn unit off, allow to cool, unplug the power supply and store properly in a dry place.
TO CHANGE ATTACHMENTS
Your massager comes equipped with two massage head attachments. Each set is a different firmness to allow you to customize your massage:
Black – Soft attachment without heat
Red – Hard attachment with heat
To change to a different set, simply twist off (counterclockwise) the set that is attached to the unit and twist on (clockwise) the desired set. (See Figure 1)
Be sure to unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Use a soft, slightly damp cloth to wipe. NEVER allow water or any liquids to come into contact with the handle.
Unplug the appliance from the outlet and allow it to cool before storing in its box or a clean, dry place. DO NOT hang the unit by the powercord.
PLEASE NOTE: The heat option will only work while a massage feature is selected.
CAUTION: All servicing of this unit must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
COMPACT PERCUSSION MASSAGER
LIGHTWEIGHT, CONTOURED DESIGN
Light enough to operate with one hand or both
Attach the two red nodes for heat, then choose the heat option with the slide of a switch (operates with massage functions only)
Homedics HHP-285HJ-THP THERA-P Percussion Massager with Heat Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics HHP-285HJ-THP THERA-P Percussion Massager with Heat Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download