IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE
FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
DANGER-TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always unplug the personal air sanitizer from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Always place the personal air sanitizer at least three (3) feet from heat sources such as stoves, radiators, or heaters.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into the water.
- DO NOT place or store appliances where they can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Check your personal air sanitizer plug connections. Faulty wall outlet connections or loose plugs can cause the outlet or plug to overheat. Be sure the plug fits tightly in the outlet.
This product complies with the maximum allowable concentration of ozone of 0.050 parts per million by volume (ppmv) in a 24-hour period. The Health Canada Guideline 2010 recommends that the maximum exposure limit, based on an averaging time of 8 hours, is 0.020 ppmv or less when tested in a sealed, controlled room approximately 30 m3.
WARNING -TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- Always unplug the personal air sanitizer when not in use.
- DO NOT operate the personal air sanitizer with a damaged plug, or after the personal air sanitizer malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return to HoMedics Consumer Relations for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- To disconnect the personal air sanitizer, first, turn controls to the off position, then remove from outlet.
- DO NOT insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the personal air sanitizer.
- DO NOT block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use where openings may become blocked.
- Use this personal air sanitizer only for its intended use as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- This product is intended for household use only.
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY REFERENCE
TOTALCLEAN® PERSONAL AIR SANITIZER
UNIQUE FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- PERSONAL SPACE
This product is designed for small spaces such as bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens, and bedrooms
UV-C technology kills bacteria, germs, and viruses
Photo-catalyst and plasma ions combine to reduce bathroom, diaper pail, dirty laundry, smoke, and pet odors as shown by independent laboratory testing
- OPERATING MODES
Auto mode or continuous on mode
- NIGHT-LIGHT BRIGHTNESS LEVELS
Choose from low, medium, high, or off
NO FILTERS TO CLEAN OR REPLACE
HOW TO USE
Plug into a standard household electrical outlet. The power button functions as follows: First press, auto mode. Second press, continuous mode. Third press, off.
- Auto Mode (blue light) — Press the power button once to enter auto mode. The power light will glow blue. The sterilization process will operate for 1 hour and the night light will operate for 5 minutes and turn off. Subsequently, when the motion sensor detects a human motion, the sterilization process will operate for 1 hour and the night-light will activate based on low light conditions for 5 minutes and turn off unless the night-light is set to off.
- Continuous Mode (green light) — Press the power button twice to enter continuous The power light will glow green. The sterilization process is always on and the night light will operate for 5 minutes and turn off. Subsequently, when the motion sensor detects a human motion, the night light will activate based on low light conditions for 5 minutes and turn off unless the night light is set to off.
- Press the power button a third time to turn the product off. The power light will turn The night light will not operate.
ADJUSTING THE NIGHT-LIGHT BRIGHTNESS
The night light has 3 brightness levels. While the product is on, press and hold the power button for 2 seconds. The night-light brightness will cycle through the low, medium, high, or off settings. Release the power button at the desired brightness to select your brightness setting.
Repeat the process to select a different night-light setting. The cycle will start from the previous setting unless the product is unplugged. If unplugged, it will start cycling from the low setting.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
FOR BEST PERFORMANCE, WE RECOMMEND:
- Clean the outside of the unit with a dry cloth as needed.
- NEVER use water, wax, polish, or any chemical solution to clean the outside of the unit.
- Clean the side vent openings with a damp cloth or the brush attachment of your vacuum as needed.
|The unit will not operate||The unit is not plugged inUnit is not turned onNo power at the unit||Plug unit inPress the power button to turn the power onCheck circuits, fuses; try adifferent outlet|
|Night-light does not work||Night-light setting set to off||Reset night-light setting|
3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of 3 years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a Consumer Relations representative for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from a failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to the sale of such products on internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state and country to country. Because of individual state and country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
FOR SERVICE IN THE USA
8:30am-7:00pm EST Monday-Friday
FOR SERVICE IN CANADA
8:30am-5:00pm EST Monday-Friday
©2019 HoMedics. LLC. All rights reserved. HoMedics, TotalClean. and HoMedics
Leaders in Home Environment have registered trademarks of HoMedics, LLC.
Distributed by HoMedics, LLC, 3000 N Pontiac Trail, Commerce Township, Ml 48390
Made in China
Documents / Resources
|HoMEDiCS AP-P20 Total Clean Personal Air Sanitizer [pdf] Instruction Manual|
AP-P20, Total Clean Personal Air Sanitizer