BISSELL 2110 Series Powerforce Helix Vacuum Cleaner
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- If the supply cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts of the appliance and its accessories.
- Unplug from electrical socket when not in use and before cleaning, maintaining or servicing the appliance.
- Do not run appliance over cable.
- Do not leave appliance when plugged in.
- Use only as described in this user guide.
- Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not use with damaged cable or plug.
- Do not immerse in water or liquid.
- If appliance is not working as it should, has been
- Do not pull or carry by cable, use cable as a handle, close door on cable, or pull cable around sharp edges or corners.
- Keep cable away from heated surfaces.
- To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings.
- Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as petroleum, or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, etc.)
- Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapours given off by oil base paint, paint thinner, some mothproofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapours.
- Do not pick up hard or sharp objects such as glass, nails, screws, coins, etc.
- Keep appliance on a level surface.
- Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes.
- Do not use without dust bag and/or filters in place
- Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- If your appliance has a motorized brushroll, do not leave machine running in the same spot without the handle fully upright.
- If your appliance has a TurboBrush® Tool or Pet TurboEraser® Tool, unplug machine before connecting or disconnecting the tools.
Thanks for buying a BISSELL vacuum!
We love to clean and we’re excited to share one of our innovative products with you. We want to make sure your vacuum works as well in one year as it does today, so this guide has tips on using (page 6-7), maintaining (pages 7-9), and if there is a problem, troubleshooting.
What’s in the Box?
NOTE: Standard accessories may vary by model. To identify what should be included with your purchase, please refer to the “Carton Contents” list located on the carton top flap.
- Upper Handle
- TurboBrush® Tool (2110 Series Only)
- Tank Release Button
- Carry Handle
- Washable Pre-Motor Filter
- Dirt Container
- Dirt Container Empty Button
- Washable Post-Motor Filter (2110 Series Only)
- Cord Hook
- Hose Clip
- Upper Quick Wrap Release™ Cord Wrap
- Crevice Tool
- Power Cord
- Extension Wand
- Dusting Brush
- Lower Cord Wrap
- Hose Wand
- Power Switch Pedal
- Handle Recline Pedal
- Foot Hose
- Product Rating Label & Serial Number
Do not plug in your vacuum until you are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures.
NOTE: The crevice tool can be found inside the extension wand. You can remove it to use it and put it back to store it neatly out of your way when you’re finished.
Press the red power switch with your foot to turn on your vacuum. Press it again to turn your vacuum off when you’ve finished cleaning.
Press the recline pedal to lean your vacuum back for cleaning. To get even lower, press the recline pedal a second time. When you’re finished, lean it all the way back up to lock it into the upright position.
You can easily raise or lower your vacuum to adjust to different flooring types. Simply turn the knob towards the desired flooring type. If your vacuum becomes too difficult to push, just move to a higher setting.
NOTE: Some frieze and berber carpets have long delicate fibers or threads that may be damaged by rotating brush. Repeated strokes in the same area may enhance this condition.
WARNING: Before using your vacuum, make sure that the dirt container is in locked position and that all filters, both pre and post-motor filters are in place. DO NOT operate your vacuum without these filters.
WARNING: The rotating floor brush continues to rotate while tools are in use. To reduce the risk of injury from moving parts, always move the cleaner with the carry handle at the front of the unit. Always place the cleaner on the floor with the handle in the upright position when using tools. Never place your fingers under the cleaner when it is running. Never place the powerfoot on furniture or uneven surfaces. Do not place vacuum cleaner close enough to objects to pull them into rotating brush.
Your new PowerForce Helix vacuum not only does a great job on your floors, it also comes with a complete set of accessory tools to make your above floor cleaning jobs easier. Just put your vacuum in the upright position, pick the accessory tool that best fits your needs and attach it to the end of your hose. You’re ready to clean base boards, curtains, upholstery and much more.
Maintain the TurboBrush® Tool
**TurboBrush only comes standard with 2110 series.
Emptying the Dirt Container
Cleaning the Pre-Motor Filter
Cleaning the Post-Motor Filter (2110 Only)
Cleaning the Separator
Replace the Brush & Belt
Clearing a Clog
|Vacuum cleaner won’t run||Power cord not plugged in||Check electrical plug|
|Blown fuse/tripped breaker||Check/replace fuse or reset breaker|
|Vacuum cleaner won’t pick up dirt||Dirt container is full||Empty dirt container|
|Filter dirty||Check, remove debris or clean|
|Hose not secure||Check to be sure hose is snapped into place at both ends|
|Dirt container not in place||Remove dirt container and secure into place, making sure you hear a click|
|Vacuum path clogged||Visually check air passageway, hose inlet, and hose for anything that might be obstructing the vacuum path. Carefully remove blockage.|
|Rotating power brush drive belt broken||Replace drive belt|
|Drive belt stretched||Check drive belt area and remove obstructions. Replace drive belt if necessary|
|Floor brush bristles worn||Replace floor brush|
|Floor brush jammed||Remove floor brush and clean debris from brush and ends. Check drive belt for any damage|
This guarantee gives you specific legal rights, in addition to rights you may have under the Australian consumer law. If you need additional instruction regarding this guarantee or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact your local BISSELL consumer services on the details set out below.
Limited 2 Year Guaranteefrom the date of purchase by original purchaser
Subject to the *conditions identified below, BISSELL will repair or replace (with new or remanufactured components or products), at BISSELL’s option, free of charge, any defective or malfunctioning part due to manufacturer defect. This guarantee applies to product used for personal purposes, and not commercial or rental service. This guarantee does not apply to fans or routine maintenance or consumable components such as filters, belts, brush rolls, etc., damage or malfunction caused by negligence, abuse, neglect, unauthorized repair, or any other use not in accordance with the user’s guide. BISSELL recommends that the original packaging be kept for the duration of the guarantee period in case such need arises within the guarantee period that the item needs re-packing and transportation.
*CONDITIONS OF GUARANTEE
Subject to whether such loss is reasonably foreseeable, BISSELL and its in-country distributors are not liable for incidental or consequential damages of any nature associated with the use of this product.
FOR AUSTRALIAN CONSUMERS ONLY:
OUR GOODS COME WITH GUARANTEES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A REPLACEMENT OR REFUND FOR A MAJOR FAILURE AND FOR COMPENSATION FOR ANY OTHER REASONABLY FORESEEABLE LOSS OR DAMAGE. YOU ARE ALSO ENTITLED TO HAVE THE GOODS REPAIRED OR REPLACED IF THE GOODS FAIL TO BE OF ACCEPTABLE QUALITY AND THE FAILURE DOES NOT AMOUNT TO A MAJOR FAILURE. THIS GUARANTEE IS IN ADDITION TO OTHER RIGHTS OR REMEDIES UNDER LAW. NOTHING IN THIS GUARANTEE EXCLUDES, LIMITS OR MODIFIES ANY LIABILITY OF BISSELL WHICH IS IMPOSED BY LAW, OR LIMITS OR MODIFIES ANY REMEDY AVAILABLE TO THE CONSUMER WHICH IS GRANTED BY LAW. TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THIS GUARANTEE CONTACT BISSELL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD (DETAILS ABOVE). CONTACT BISSELL PRIOR TO RETURNING ANY GOODS. WHERE AGREED, BISSELL WILL REIMBURSE REASONABLE POSTAGE / HANDLING COSTS (IF ANY) FOR RETURNING GOODS TO BISSELL. TO CLAIM EXPENSES INCURRED IN MAKING A CLAIM UNDER THIS GUARANTEE PLEASE PROVIDE BISSELL WITH A COPY OF THE RECEIPT OF THE EXPENSES BY EMAIL OR POST.
If your BISSELL product should require service or to claim under our limited guarantee, please contact us as follows:
Write: BISSELL AUSTRALIA PTY LIMITED 42 Rocco Dr. Scoresby 3179 Victoria Australia
New Zealand: 0800-247-735
Replacement parts and accessories are available for purchase. To purchase visit www.BISSELL.com
Documents / Resources
|BISSELL 2110 Series Powerforce Helix Vacuum Cleaner [pdf] User Guide|
2110 Series, 2111 Series, 2110 Series Powerforce Helix Vacuum Cleaner, Powerforce Helix Vacuum Cleaner